HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
Melinda

Taxotere /Carbo/Herceptin

ITs hard to tell which drug is causing what. My guess is that the decadron that they give to eliminate the allergic reactions has probably taken its toll on me the most. Sunday was the fist night that I got "some" solid sleep. Tylenol PM did not help so I think next time I will take the advise of one of our sisters and ask for some Sonata. I also attribute the "chemo brain" syndrome from lack of sleep as well, I just read my last post and noticed all the "typos" . Sunday is when the achiness set in, probably due to the Neulasta shot. But if this is what it takes to keep my WBC count up... bring on the aches. I managed to work Saturday and Monday altho Monday was a stretch being the only manager on duty that day.
Taste buds are not what they used to be. Oddly enough I enjoy those egg and cheese hot pockets. At least they have a flavor that I recognize. I have been drinking water, as much as possible and that helps.
This regiment I am told is fairly new, and is being reviewed as better tolerated than A/C and some of the others. My ONC nurse just attended a seminar Saturday on this regiment. She said that in comparison, this was quite a doable combination.... time will tell!
I am off to work now. I really want to keep some type of reasonable pace while all this is going on. BUT NOT OVERDUE AND TO RECOGNIZE MY LIMITATAIONS>
Thank you all for listening and maybe I am helping someone who is about to undergo this regiment.
Hugs and prayers
Melinda
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote