HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
Carol E

Thumbs up new, here's my profile

Hi,
dx in Oct. 1999 with stage IV breast cancer, left breast removed, 11 nodes removed seven cancerous, had A/C and taxol for 8 months, 33 radiation treatments, o.k. until Oct 2004, mast. to liver. Have had taxotere 4 mos. Navelbine, for a year, and Herceptin, some symptomes arose, had brain scan, oncol. thought it had spread, thank goodness it showed no evidence of cancer, had CT scan a week ago, have several new legions, and the largest one in rt lobe has tripled in size and almost the same in left lobe, haven't had chemo for 8 weeks, oncol thought I should just let it go, (my previous Oncol. was newly dx with terminal bone cancer) so I lost him, broke my heart, the new Oncol. did not see point in going on until I said that I am going to fight this with all I've got, so let's start chemo again. I will be getting Taxol and Avastin, can any one of you give me a clue as to what to expect, I have the paper that says the side effects, but if someone could express how they are doing with these chemo's it would surely be appreciated. thank you for your time, you seem like a great bunch of people
Carol E
Carol E is offline   Reply With Quote