HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Barbara2

Who has participated or is planning to take part in the E75 Vaccine Trial?

I am strongly considering taking part in this trial as I am at a high risk for recurrence of my breast cancer. I've not found too many people who have enrolled in the trial. I'm from South Dakota and the trial is held back east, so I'm struggling with "what to do." It would be a far distance to travel, but I'm thinking the possible benefits would outweigh the time and cost.

Any response from anyone who has taken part in this trial or is considering doing so, would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
Lauriemn

I don't know if you got information from them or not, but I decided not to do it after finding out how much time you have to spend there. I have three young children and was hoping I could just fly in for the day and then fly out the next. The first time you go you have to spend about a week and then on subsequent trips you need to spend , I think, 4 or 5 days.

Laurie
Lauriemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Barbara2

Time

I had expected the first visit to take several days, but I thought after that it was more like one or two days involved. Thanks for your reply. I will contact them for more details.

I suppose there are so few patients that have taken part in the study. I was wondering what someone who had been in the trial would have to say about side effects, etc. When reading the articles that have been released, it appears there are minor toxicities, and that induced HER2/neu immunity seems to reduce the recurrence rate in patients with node positive breast cancer.

In order to be in the trial you have to know if you are HLA2+ or not, so I plan to find that out and go from there.

Thanks, Laurie

Barbara
Old 08-12-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
Ginagce

Info on Trial?

Can someone please provide me with the website or, more information on the trial. Is this the same trial that Dr. Peeples is running out of Pennsylvania?

Thank you in advance.

Ginagce
Ginagce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #5
Barbara2

Clinical Trail Results of a HER2/neu (E75) Vaccine

www.jco.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/30/7536

I'm not sure if this is the most recent info or not, but I made a copy of the abstract and plan to discuss it with my onc.

Are you thinking of taking part in the trial?

Barbara