HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2004, 06:48 AM   #1
Marsha B

In July of 1996 I was told I had Stage 3 GradeD breast cancer at the age of 40. I was a self employed single mom of two teenage girls. I had a rad.
mas. which they found a 7cm tumor attached to the chest wall, along with 17 postive nodes. This was not good.

After the shock of being told I had about six months to live, if I was lucky. So I went home and put things in order??? Such as finding a home for my daughters and closing my day care business, which was the only income I had. I then met with my doctor and made a plan...... The joruney began.
God knows I was not ready to give up I had things to do with my life!

I had 6 months of chemo every day... Then I had 2 months of radition. At this point we decided to do five years of Tamxofien... Well it work! Surprise I made it five years cancer free! The doctor's where shocked and proud, of what we had done!I was cancer free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I began my life again started a new job. After 7 years of being cancer free. I was trying to lose my cancer weight and loving life again! I then started feeling run down... After three weeks of being tried all the time. Which was not me at all. I went to the doctor.. He thought I just had a flu bug.. That same night I had the worst pain in my tummy. Went to the ER for the pain.

Guess what I had liver mets!!!!!!!!!!! I am know on the new journey of living with liver mets. I had six months of chemo again, They test my tumor and found out I was ER++++ which was not hear of the first time I had cancer. So I know will be taking Herceptin for the rest of my life.

I have learned to know my limits and smile and cry when I need to.With out the help of my friends and chruch family I don't think I could do this. But I will and I do! I have fice sisters and no family history. My sisters don't even discuss this as they don't want to face it. But life has been good to me.

Thanks my cancer journey!

Marsha B