HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Linda in Calif

Hi Everyone: I have a question for any of you who have participated in a clinical trial. I am contemplating participating in a clinical trial but in the consent form it says that they will not be responsible for medical care should there be any long term or delayed adverse reactions. Also they said that because this is an experimental proceedure my own insurance company might not cover it either. It makes me kind of nervous to know that if anything went wrong and I needed medical care it would be up to me to pay for it...if it is really serious it could be very expensive for me. Are these the usual and customary terms for a clinical trial? Linda
Old 02-25-2004, 01:02 PM   #2
Merridith

I am sorry to read about this term in your trial contract. It will certainly make people think twice about joining trials and reduce the available subjects.

At least in Canada with our public health care system this clause is not of financial concern. I have read more than a few postings here from US citizens that can't afford certain types of medication because their heath care plans don't/no longer cover it. My heart goes out to them.

I wonder if it will cause more trials to take place out of the States so as to access subjects?