HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
Lidija

Hello everyone
I have spent whole day reading your messages. Sorry for my English, it is not my mother tongue (I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina). Well, I am here because I want to help my good friend. She is diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago, had breast removal, chemotherapy and radiation but her cancer is back. She is HER2 +3. Her oncologist suggests to take Xeloda. I am wondering does this drug have influence to HER 2. Is it better to take Herceptin although cancer have not spread to bones, lungs, liver…….

Thanks you very much
Old 02-17-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
Lisa

Your English is perfect!

Herceptin is not an actual chemo drug, but rather a drug that works to halt cancer cells. It is used initially WITH a chemo drug. The combination works to both halt and kill cancer cells. I don't know about its use specifically with Xeloda, but I'm sure you'll get other responses from those who have used it. Your friend should most definitely be on Herceptin, as well as a chemo. For some, Herceptin works alone, but others like me need the chemo to prevent further spread.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-17-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
*_celina_*

Some people, my sister included, take Xeloda in combination with Herceptin. Herceptin can be taken alone, but it is most often taken with a chemo as a way to fight tumors. If the tumors are gone, she may take herceptin alone as a way to maintain stability.