HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #181
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Smile Kat in the Delta

Hi MARILY,
How have you been ?? I searched for your name..Glad you are doing better... with that 60% My last was 48..
Tell us/ME HOW LONG YOU have had your B.C and HOW LONG you have BEEN ON HERCEPTIN..
Thanks.... Kat in the Delta
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #182
Senorina

I just ended my one year of Herceptin last month. I did it every three weeks. My Herceptin program started 6 weeks after completed A/C chemo treatments. (I think after going through chemo, nothing can be worst). My symptoms were, and are, as follows:

1. My first loading dose landed me in the ER the first night. I had a fever of 102 and strong chills.
2. After my first treatment, I took Decadron, Tylenol, and Claritin before every treatment.
3. For the first few months, I experienced the usual flu-like symptoms.
4. The more time that went by, the less severe the symptoms became.
5. I struggled with Decadron. It made me breakout like a teenager, I became very sensitive to the sun, my face would get red for the first couple of days, My heart would beat faster than normal for the first few days.
6. For the entire year, I also struggled with nasal congestion. I noticed it getting much better since I've been off of it.
7. Taking Caritin every day for the first week helped with the allergic reactions. Claritin-D really helps.
8. Over time my body did get used to it and the symptoms weren't so severe, but my MUGA scan dropped to 50% at one point.
9. It went back up after that. (I went on CoQ10.)

I hope this helps.
Senorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #183
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Post Kat in the delta

I am glad you are now finished.
Since, I do not know how low my heart really got..
I am WORSE...AFTER ALL TREATMENTS..than...I was During Chemotherapy. I also had Adriamycin/Cytoxin..
A. can be Toxic to your heart.
Herceptin can also be toxic to your heart
I read where, if you add HERCEPTIN after the Adriamycin ...you are 5 x's more likely to have
Heart problems that may not show up until 10 yrs. or more.. down the road. I will try to find that study.. and post it when and if I do..

By the way, my Heart Echo, I took 2 weeks ago and a year from my stopping point except for some Zometa, that I didn't need as often...another story..........
MY HEART ECHO WAS a "48" 2 weeks ago....so I do not know how LOW my number was at the END of TREATMENT as the package insert of HERCEPTIN..says..along with the every 3 mos or more testing of your heart.... Look in any Cancer magazine.. where Herceptin is being advertized.. They have the pkg. insert written there..in black and white... I ONLY wish I HAD KNOWN THIS DURING THE TIME I HAD MY TREATMENTS....not the Drug Co. fault. ------------------------------------KAT
I also had taxol...--just caused nerve dammage-that Numbness in extremities..or maybe the fact that I cannot seem to LET GO of things I pick up with my left hand...which is really wierd.....
kat

Last edited by kat in the delta; 10-27-2007 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: left out words
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote