HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
LittleLegos

starting weekly Taxol & Herceptin - hair loss?

Hi Ladies,

Some of you may remember my recent posts about different treatment options, ect.

I have decided! I will start weekly Taxol and Herceptin as my only chemo next week. It's for 12 weeks and then continue Herceptin for another 3 mos or more.

I had heard that weekly might have less side effects than every 3 weeks or less intense. My dr feels that I'll do very well. I have concerns about being "down" all the time. I have two young children.

I've picked out a wig, but not sure when it order it. I don't see many people just do Taxol (w/o A-C before) so I'm not sure if all my hair will go or what.

Thanks!!

12/29/06 DCIS dx grade 2-3 with necrosis and focal early microinvasion
2/7/07 Partial Mastectomy and Sentinel Node Biopsy
2/18/07 dx .6cm IDC with DCIS 1.4cm, grade 2 ER-PR-HER2+++
neg nodes (3 taken), clean margins
3/20/07 Start 12 weekly Taxol - Herceptin, more Herceptin to follow
LittleLegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
Val Pfeiffer

I was on Herceptin, Taxol and Carboplatin. I think that Taxol and Carbo both contribute to hair loss. Happens around the 3-week mark usually.
3 months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
Significant tumor shrinkage
Mastectomy 3/05; Stage 3b, 9 cm tumor, 5/8+ nodes
3 more months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
7/05 30 radiation treatments, IMRT planning approach
Started 1 year of Herceptin 9/05
9/06 Began quarterly triple doses Herceptin. Brain & breast MRIs semi annually.

6/08 Right breast, intraductal carcinoma, high nuclear grade associated with comedo necrosis; extensive diffusely involved the entire biopy specimen. ER+, PR-, Her2 unknown at this point, 07/08 mastectomy.
Val Pfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
janet/FL

Legos
I did Taxotere and Herceptin, only.--No AC--on a weekly schedule.
My doc was originally going to do Taxol, but he read studies that showed Taxotere was the better choice with Herceptin. Perhaps someone here can give you information on these studies.

And with my combo, you won't lose all of your hair at once. Male pattern baldness is the first to appear. You can still wear hats and the hair around your neck and ears will make it look like you have more hair than you do. Wash and rinse your hair very gently so as not to pull out hair that would stick around awhile. Or, shave it off and go for the bald look. It certainly is in style!
Lumpectomy 12/2004
Stage 1, 9mm DCIS, grade 2, Her2+++, ER/PR negative
Refused A/C as recommened by two oncs.
35 treatments of radiation that ended March 4, 2005
Changed oncologists and began
Taxotere/Herceptin August 2005. Finished Herceptin July 2006
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Mary Anne in TX

Hi!

I lost my hair with Taxotere and Adriamycin, but not with Taxol, Carboplatin and herceptin. The weird thing is that I didn't lose my hair with Taxol and Carboplatin (non returned much though), but I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows almost totally! Didn't cry over my hair but have to admit that I shed lots of tears when those eyebrows and eyelashes went! Maybe if you buy a wig, it won't fall out at all!!! Best wishes!

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
OzzieSue

I was on Taxotere/Herceptin weekly for 6 months. I didn't lose my hair, it thinned a lot but noone else noticed except me. I missed quite a few weeks of Taxotere because of low white blood count so don't know if that helped keep my hair. My hair went very dry on the treatment so I left it as long as I could between washes hoping that would help, don't know that it made any difference but I felt better not getting handfuls after washing.
OzzieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
dchips1

My hair thinned on taxol,carbo,herceptin

My hair got very baby fine thin (like a 10 mth ) old, with 6 months of taxol, carbo and herceptin. I did every week x 3 then off 1 week herceptin only. I take care of special needs kids fulltime, so I did my chemo on Friday mornings, slept most of Friday, felt good the first part of Saturday, Made it to Church on Sunday with naps after, Mon nausea was pretty yucky By Tues/Wed was ready for pizza. Get good nausea meds (if you are younger and more active the nausea can tend to take you out more) Because it interferes with your keeping up. Make sure you take nap and body quite activities, (my one little guy likes to lay by me while we play quite games on the bed) it helps conserve your energy. I had other people do my store errands so I could save my energy and spend with my family time also. There is a web site called chemochicks.com I bought a beaded head covering from, most people look at it and don't think twice I live in AZ and it is cool your head breathes and even my teens will go out in public with me!! I am not a wig person, I just lost 99.9% of my hair this morning from brain radiation and I wore my beads to church and my 6 year old wants to "paint my head". My hair was 10 in long I had it cut very short prior to chemo, and I finished chemo in Aug and by Sept I went to work at the school as a nurse with thin but hair. Good luck to you, and your little people in your life. Darita
3/07 6 brain mets WBR down to c-2
4/07 osteonecrosis jaw
1/08 mri new 9mm lesion right lower side
2/08 gamma knife 1 lesion 11/08 regamma
10/09 latent rad necrosis to brain met,
1/20/10 crani: lesion necrosis w active cells continue her add tykerb
1/11 NED just Ingrown toenail! YEAH GOD
8/11 Tykerb, herceptin weekly, elevated her2 levels, negative scans
oct -march 11 new neuro deficits lower legs
3/12 2 spinal metsTykerb, Herceptin
04/12 4050cGY rads T 2-4 & T7-9
5/12 Brain,cervical lumbar clear/thoracic slight decrease
10/12 t 2-4 shrunk t-9 grew start Xeloda, 02/13 stop xeloda,5/13 on metformin, decadron, Tykerb, iv and IT herceptin 5/30/13 total #11 #2 of 80mg dose weekly.
9/13 100mg of IT her, IV hern, 750 mg tykerb, 3mg dec.
last Mri T--3 SHRUNK t7-9 shrunk no edema. Left shift in CBC bone marrow BX negative.
10/13 Ct has shown Double left ureters with stones/cysts in them, after 3 births and lots and U/S iit takes cancer to figure out you have 2 smaller ureters going into 1 kidney!
12/13 Mri brain no new lesions, cervical and lumbar arthritis.
Tspine lesion at T3 stable, T 7-9 GROWTH lots of pain

1/29/14 HIHO HIHO its off to Neuro surgery I go

Life is Good when you wake up in the morning and take a breath and know that God has given me another day.

dchips1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
jessica

TH-my "magic" cocktail~

I have a strange LOVE & FONDNESS for Taxol+Herceptin
I was on the dose-dense (qweekly) dosage too. I had been on other chemo combos for 8 mos prior, but it's the TH combo that got me to NED the 1st time, Then w/each recurrence, it was TH again, that led me back to NED again & again.
The side effects were very tolerable, but I did lose my hair. Very predictably, on day 21 after the 1st dose. And it hurt! I know a lot of the other ladies here can corroborate on this lesser known fact. My scalp was so sore & sting-y right before my hair fell out. It was sore right when it started to grow back too, but that was a welcomed soreness! I was pretty consumed & preoccupied with the threat of my hair falling out, but once it was gone, I just embraced my wigs. Shopping for wigs replaced shopping for shoes
Otherwise, I tolerated treatment really well. I continued to teach Pilates throughout, never struggled w/nausea, but eventually did need some help w/Procrit & Neupogen.
I wish you the very best too.
(I did do a short course with Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin-q3week dose-& felt significantly worse on that combo...TH much preferred)
Keep us posted...
Keep the Faith~
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
Stephanie B.

Smile

I am on my second round of Taxol. First was in 2005 after A/C. I was hoping that I wouldn't lose my hair this time because it seemed to start coming back during Taxol last time. No such luck! I have done 3 treatments and I had really thick hair and it was coming out like crazy. I finally decided that since I still had my wigs from last time to go ahead and let my husband shave my head. I now get to save 30 minutes every morning not having to do my hair!! Last time my hair came back thicker and wavy - maybe this time I will have more curl!

Just keep your chin up. The wigs they have these days are great and look like your real hair and you can sleep in. The American Cancer Society has a great site for wigs, hats, bras, bathing suits etc. tlcdirect.com. Also look into your local American Cancer Society to see if the offer the "Look Good, Feel Better" Class. They offer great tips and makeup and eyebrows and also have free wigs and hats.

Good luck

Stephanie
Stephanie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #9
LittleLegos

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for all your replies! I wasn't getting email updates, so I just checked. It will be interesting to see how the hair thing works out. I wish I could just know...but I guess I will soon enough. It does look like a good amount of hair loss is a guarentee. My family thinks a wig is a good idea and the one I have picked out looks pretty good. I worked with a local stylist who specializes in wigs. She had a bunch I could touch and look at. I chose a human hair wig that feels like my hair. The color match is pretty good too, I'm a red hed and it's really close. Another thing is both my kids LOVE to touch and play with my hair. I even have thoughts of cutting my hair in pony tails to salvage as much as possible for the kids... I will wait a little to see how the loss goes though.

I just had my second infusion today and feel pretty good. Last week was good. I just had some tired days, a bit of intestional discomfort, and minor hip pain. I was able to do my regular schedule except for the day after treatment. I layed around most of that day.

Thanks again and I'll visit you all more frequently now!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #10
DonnaD

LittleLegos,
First good luck to you. Doesn't it feel good to have the second infusion done. I first had A/C every three weeks x 4. Hair started coming out 14 days later. I used hats and had really thin bangs combed from the back to the front. I will never make fun of another man with a comb over again. My blood levels dropped and I needed nuelasta. Not sure if it was A/C, Nuelasta or the combination but the hair on my head all disappeared . I started Taxol and Herceptin every 3 weeks x 4 in Jan. I lost most of my eyebrows, eyelashes and all other hair on my body, but not on my head. I have thin peach fuzz which is growing very slowly and it is white.

I did get into intestinal issues on my third round of Taxol and Herceptin. If you get into similar problems don't try and brave it out. Talk to your onc or primary.

The wig you picked out sounds very nice. I got one close to my hair color and did it short. Then when my hair is back I can ditch the wig ASAP. My husbands insurance did cover the wig (we had met our deductable).
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #11
betlen5

Hi, I lost my hair on A/C. However, I did NOT loose any hair while on Taxol/Herceptin. I had 3months 1x's weekly of both and continued on Herceptin alone for 9 months. Had to stop due to progression.

Best of luck and keep us posted. Remember, it's only hair and better than the alternative...

God Bless.
Betty
8/2004 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr+ her2 3+ positive; dbl mas reconstructive surgery w/tran flap; no chemo or drugs
11/2005 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr+ her2 3+ positive; Taxol/Herceptin 1x weekly for 12 weeks; Herceptin for 9 months 1x 21 days
12/2006 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr- her2 3+ positive; Her 2 rechecked with FISH her2+++ er/pr-
3/9/07 Started Tykerb (Lapatinib) 1250 mg/once daily
Xeloda (Capecitabine 2000 mg/m2/daily 1-14 every 21 days
betlen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #12
LindaC

Location: Live in New York Monday through Thursday.Friday,Saturday,&Sunday Live in Cape May,New Jersey.
Wink

Hi!I lost my hair on the 14 day after starting taxol and herceptin I am now bald and on my 15 treatment no sign of it coming back yet.Still have eyebrows and few lashes.
LindaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #13
LittleLegos

I thought I'd report back...

I've had pretty good thinning going on for my whole treatment (started on day 22), but still plenty of hair! I'd say I lost about 50%. It's noticable at the crown (in my part) and if I wear a pony tail. But it's been nice to have the hair. I guess once it starts to grow again, I'll have little hairs around.

I had my last Taxol last week and am just on to Herceptin.

Thanks again!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #14
hutchibk

I lost all hair starting on day 12 - was all gone by day 21. Then, little by little, about 3 months in, all of my eyelashes and eyebrows were gone as well.

I am 2 months out from my last Taxol treatment and it is all growing back with a vengeance!

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:07 AM   #15
justkelly

Re: starting weekly Taxol & Herceptin - hair loss?

I have finished 10 out of 12 weekly Taxol/Herceptin infusions and have not lost much hair at all, anywhere. Still have to shave my legs, and have shed maybe a few more hairs than I would have normally but nothing noticeable. Very minor side effects on this protocol, no nausea, a little fatigue the day after chemo but nothing that has slowed me down. I bought an expensive wig and stocked up on false eyelashes but have not needed them! Hopefully others have the same experience as I have.
12/23/2016 lumpectomy with 3 sentinel nodes removed; all nodes negative for mets. Developed armpit seroma which required 3 aspirations before resolving. Positive anterior margin will be treated later with tumor bed boost during radiation portion.
1/12/2017 Port inserted
1/17/2017 Began Taxol/Herceptin weekly
4/19/2017 Finished Taxol. Continue with Herceptin every 3 weeks for remainder of year.
5/11/2017-6/15/2017 daily radiation treatments to affected breast.
7/6/2017 Started daily Tamoxifen.
justkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:01 AM   #16
TiffanyS

I lost all of my hair when I was on Taxatore, however, I haven’t lost any hair while on Taxol, and even went for my second cut and colour since I lost all of my hair last April. It’s not as thick as it used to be, and it’s “baby fine” but it’s mine! My eyelashes are constantly falling out and growing back, and my eyebrows are thin, but I’m okay with that. I’m thinking about dying my eyebrows, as I’m not good and colouring them in with make-up.

I too still have to shave my legs, just not as often as I used to.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
12/15 – First mammogram
01/16 – Second mammogram and ultrasound.
01/16 – Meet surgeon and go for third mammogram, second ultrasound and biopsy. Surgeon confirms cancer in left breast and lymph nodes and sets surgery date.
01/16 – Chest scan and bone scan done– all looks good.
02/16 – Surgery - left breast mastectomy and 16 lymph nodes removed (8 had cancer).
02/16 – CT scan done – small nodules on lung but Doctor advises it’s post surgical. They will continue to monitor just in case.
03/16 – Meet radiation oncologist and find out results of Pathology Report. I’m told that I have locally advanced breast cancer, based on the size of my tumour (7 cm!) and the fact that they found cancer cells in eight lymph nodes. I’m also told that I’m HER 2 positive, with high levels of estrogen and progesterone and that my cancer is stage 3, grade 2.
03/16 – Meet oncologist and am told that my cancer is actually grade 3, and that I should have done chemo before surgery. Too late now!
03/16 – Start first of six doses of chemo (Carboplatin and Docetaxal) and Herceptin (for 18 months). I was unable to get a full dose of Docetaxal after my first treatment due to liver enzymes being high.
04/16 – Have port put in.
06/16 – Finished chemo! One month off and then I start radiation.
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
07/16 – First radiation treatment – 24 more to go!
08/16 – Went for Genetic Testing to see if I have the BRCA gene. Tested negative for BRCA I and II
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my chest wall. I am told that I have a local recurrence and need to have rush surgery.
09/16 – Meet surgeon who advises that I need to meet with a plastic surgeon, as they will need to do a skin graft to close me up after surgery. Meet plastic surgeon and all looks good. A surgery date is set for October 4.
09/16 – Go for rush ultrasound, bone scan, breast MRI and CT scan.
09/16 – Meet oncologist who advises that the ultrasound and bone scan results look good, and that MRI shows three small masses at surgery site, but lymph nodes are clear. Still awaiting the results of the CT scan, but we are positive it will look good.
09/16 – Get a call from my oncologist, who advises that CT scan shows small spots on my lungs, and a large lymph node in the middle of my chest. This means the cancer has spread! She looks into getting me funded for TDM-1 and cancels my surgery.
10/16 – Meet oncologist, who advises that I have to take Perjeta before I can take TDM1. I start Perjeta/Herceptin every three weeks for an indefinite amount of time, and Taxol, which I will take two weeks in a row with one week off and then two weeks in a row for 8-16 treatments. Stop Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Meet surgeon, who reviews my CT scan and advises that the spots on my lungs may not be cancer, and that he doesn’t see a lymph node in my chest. He thinks it’s a spot on my lung. I’m feeling very confused! He advises that my oncologist doesn’t want me to have surgery to remove the three small masses on my scar line, as she wants to use them as a way to determine if the treatment is working. He advises that if they have not shrunk in 6 months, he will revisit surgery.
10/16 – CEA blood test to determine Tumour markers. Results were normal (2.7). My doctor advises that this could mean two things: (1) that the treatment is working, and the tumours are shrinking, or (2), that I'm one of those people who never get elevated CEA levels. Given that some people never get an elevated CEA level, this test doesn’t seem very accurate to me! Asked for PET scan, but am told I don’t qualify.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
11/16 - CA-15-30 blood test – Tumour markers are normal at 19.
11/16 – Second CEA blood test – Tumours markers are still normal at 1.6 Second CA-15-30 blood test – Tumour markers are still normal at 19
11/16 – Develop lymphedema and have to wear a sleeve
12/16 – CT Scan shows that the tumors on my lungs and the lymph node in the middle of my chest are shrinking, and that some have resolved. Also, the small masses along my scar line are no longer visible. This means the medication is working!
12/16 – Small “pimple” shows up where old tumour on chest wall was located. Doctor is going to monitor it for now.
01/17 – A second “pimple” shows up on chest wall, as well as a small lump under the skin. My doctor thinks it’s scar tissue and will monitor it for now.
03/17 – Third CEA blood test and CA-15-30 blood test – Both normal at 2.5 and 25
03/17 – CT Chest scan to see if there’s improvement to chest and lungs – results are mixed. The good news is, lymph nodes are stable, there is improvement of previous lung changes due to radiation, and the cancer has not spread to my bones, spine or liver, etc. The bad news is that while some lung nodules remained stable, others increased by 1-2 mm and new ones have shown up. All of them were less than 1cm.
03/17 – Received my genetic test results from Foundation One. It found 11 genomic alterations, 3 therapies associated with potential clinical benefit, and 13 clinical trials from which I might benefit.
03/17 – Second brain MRI –NED!
03/17 – Ultrasound done to determine size of “pimples” on my chest wall. They will follow up with a second Ultrasound in three months, to see if they are growing.
04/17 – Was told that I have developed atelectasis, which is what’s causing my back pain.
05/17 – Full body CT scan scheduled to see if I’m still “stable”.
TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #17
justkelly

Done with all 12 weeks of Taxol! Will now just have Herceptin every three weeks for the rest of the year. Have about 90 percent of my hair remaining...definitely shedding heavier than normal---but if I can get thru the next two weeks without losing too much more I should be safe right? eyebrows and lashes still here.....
12/23/2016 lumpectomy with 3 sentinel nodes removed; all nodes negative for mets. Developed armpit seroma which required 3 aspirations before resolving. Positive anterior margin will be treated later with tumor bed boost during radiation portion.
1/12/2017 Port inserted
4/19/2017 Finished Taxol. Continue with Herceptin every 3 weeks for remainder of year.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #18
justkelly

Update.....4 weeks out of weekly Taxol and hair continues to shed and feels dry.... I would say I've lost about 40 per cent now. It doesn't matter that much, just want to give accurate info! Waiting to see how much I end up with.....
1/12/2017 Port inserted