HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Pink Ninja

Who knew chemo killed parasites

So you just had to read this after that title, huh? Lol, well I'm day 9 after my first chemo tx and here goes....

you may want to brace yourselves as this is definitely TMI but I have to tell someone!!

Ok, here goes and I can't even believe I'm sharing this but I'm going to. So, I travel all around the world and I am very involved in overseas missions, especially to Africa where I go every year. So yesterday I went to the bathroom (can you guess what's coming?!) and there were parasites in my poop!!! GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I almost fainted! I never look at my poop but I have had the worst stomach cramps and the onc office keeps asking me what my poop looks like so I looked! I freaked out and called my primary dr who had me bring in a stool sample to send out to be tested. Well, I don't need a test because I have eyes and I know what I saw. Now, don't you feel so much better now!! hahaha, anyways I took 2 tablets that supposed to kill off anything else that's in my gut. Who knew chemo would kill any little buggers in you. I just watched an episode of monsters inside me too. So sorry if that's disgusting but it is comic relief. Wonder if anyone can top that???? any one dare share something worse?
6/26/14: core needle biopsy
7/2/14: dx IDC, stage 2, HER2+, er/pr-
7/9/2014: ultrasound, 4.46 cm mass (I've named the beast Kobu, which means lump in Japanese
7/16/2014: taxotere, claroblatin, herceptin, perjeta, round 1
Pink Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote