HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
SusanN

3rd TCH treatment...delayed reaction...UGHH!!

Hello all...
The good part is that I'm half way through...

I had my last treatment the 20th...my son graduated from HS the 25th, thankfully I was able to go to that before I went down...

I haven't felt like this for a LONG time...I was soooo tired, sooooo weak, didn't want to eat...didn't know what I wanted...even had a hard time walking up & down the steps...SHEESHHH, this is NOT me!!!

My wonderful hubby has been more than awesome...my "nurse" daughter thinks I need to be more positive...I told her I'm having a down day...I'll pop up...

Any idea's...I know this is accumulitive...I sure can't wait until it is behing me though!!

I'm drinking Boost trying to keep my weight on and eating when I can...

Thanks gals...I WILL DO THIS...just struggling a bit right now!!
1/4/13 Rexcision, NO CLEAR MARGINS!! :(
2/11/13 Mastectomy with Expander Placed
2/15/13 INFECTION at Mastectomy site...emergency Surgery!!! Expander removed :(
DX: DCIS, IDC, Stage 2a, 2.7cm, 1/5 nodes positive
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
4/1/13 Begin 6 Cycles TCH Therapy
4/1/14 Finished Herceptin!!
SusanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
DianaMK

Re: 3rd TCH treatment...delayed reaction...UGHH!!

I remember TCH being very, very hard. Same symptoms as you. I wanted to give up after every treatment but I made it and so will you. I've been stable for a few years so it was worth it. Hang in there and rest as much as you can. It will get better and you'll feel like your old self again.
DianaMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
LeahM

Susan, each time I received chemo the side effects were worse and the length of time it bothered me was longer. Report everything to your onc and hang in there....you are half way done.
Best
Leah
May 10, 2012: BRCA 1,2 Negative
May 23, 2012: MUGA Scan EF 70%
May 31, 2012: B/L Mastectomy. 2/2 nodes removed and CLEAR!! Power Port placed. 2 Drains. 2 Expanders placed
June 5, 2012: Drains OUT! Ahhhh..
June 12, 2012: Final Pathology Report, .8x.3cm tumor. Micromets to 1 node .35mm under cytokeratin staining. Stage 2A. Onc says "you are lucky to have found this early"
July 10, 2012: Started 6 rounds of TCH with weekly H
Sept 5, 2012: MUGA 65%
Sept 20, 2012: CAT scan of brain clear!
Oct 23, 2012: LAST TC! AMEN! Continue Herceptin every three weeks until July 2013.
Nov 19, 2012: Port out!
Dec 5, 2012: Started radiation
Dec. 10, 2012: MUGA 65%
Dec. 13, 2012: Turned 40. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
Jan 23, 2013: Last radiation. Told I am NED. Continue Herceptin every three weeks till July 2013.
Jan 29, 2013: Begin 5 years of Tamoxifen.
Feb 28, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. 5mm and 4mm nodules of unknown origin. Rescan in 3 months.
Mar 6, 2013: EF 60%
May 8, 2013: Exanders out, implants implanted...abd. lipo and fat moved up. Girls are looking good!
June 3, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. Previous nodules gone. New nodules (2mm and 3mm) found. Rescan in 3 months. So sorry I opened this can of worms...
June 11, 2013: EF 60%
June 25, 2013: Last Herceptin. wow...
Aug 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Xray to sore left ribs shows no disease or fractures.
Sept 9, 2013: CT of lungs shows no disease. Closing this can of worms and moving on.
Nov 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Severe Vit D deficiency, started on prescription Vit. D. Blaming chemo for this.
Feb 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits. Graduated to twice yearly onc appts.
Oct 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Bone density scan fine. Bone scan and xray of ribs shows "something" 4th right rib. Could be healed fracture but if it is healed why does it hurt?
Nov 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Follow up bone scan clear.
Feb 2016: Syncope! WTF? Dizzy too. Brain scan clear, ECHO EF 60%, Halter Monitor shows heart is fine. Viral? I will never know.
June 2016: Tumor markers WNL.
Oct 2016: Stabbing pain right eye. Long story short, trigeminal neuralgia.
Nov 2016 Brain MRI clear.
Jan 2017: Tumor markers WNL, still getting weird pain right rib area, and sometimes right upper chest. Xray x2, Bone Scan, Breast MRI all clear. Scar tissue? Rads. I may never know.
www.onmywaytosurvivorhood.blogspot.com
www.thechemobag.com
www.facebook.com/thechemobag
LeahM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Cath

Susan, I felt exactly as you do when I received TCH. It was horrible! But I did make it through the 6 cycles and you will too. It was the first time in my life (and probably the last time) that I had a doctor tell me I had to eat. It's awful what we have to go through but if the treatment works then it is well worth it. I just had my 4th PET scan in not quite 2 years and it was once again okay. That makes it worth it. You hang in there. You can do this! Cathy

Routine mammogram 6-29-11
Ultrasound 7-5-11
Biopsy 7-11-11
Right modified radical mastectomy 7-18-11 with 7 out of 24 lymph nodes positive
Stage IIIC, Grade 3, Estrogen + 100%, HER2 +
Had 5 tumors in right breast, none of which showed up on the mammogram (What showed up on mamm was a lymph node)
Lymphatic vascular invasion
Lymphedema right arm (started shortly after surgery)
TCH started August 15, 2011
Finished Taxotore and Carboplatin 11-28-11
Radiation x 36 - finished Feb. 3, 2012
Herceptin weekly for 1 year - finished 8-13-12
Arimidex started Feb. 2012 for 5 years
Left prophylactic total mastectomy March of 2012

Arimidex stopped August 2014 due to side effects
Aromasin started Sept. 2014
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
'lizbeth

Nine days after infusion is a delay. Perhaps you are fighting a cold? My taxane had to be reduced after a couple treatments due to harsh side effects. I think you should talk to your medical team about your fatigue and lack of appetite. One of my side effects was low potassium which was found on a blood test. I received supplements and it really helped.

Halfway through - yeah!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
CoolBreeze

Having been on chemo now for 3 1/2 years, I know the feeling and more. Obviously, I am not the same as I was when I started, but I know our bodies can manage.

Keep in mind you DO have an end date, Step 1. Make a plan for doing something fun on that date, or the day after. Buy something you enjoy, make a plan to go somewhere you like. You deserve to be rewarded.

Step 2, eat as well as you can, even if your food tastes funny. Eat what you like and can get down, you can worry about healthy foods again later. Calories are calories and your body needs them to manage this assault.

Very important: Drink LOTS of water the day before and the day of chemo and the day after. You want to be very hydrated and have that stuff wash through your system.

Make sure you don't overdo your energy level. (I did at first, I was making sure this wouldn't interfere with my life) but sleeping and rest is important too. My doctor once said "you keep it up, you are going to be lying on the ground with a circle of faces looking at you." REST!

Don't ignore the emotional - you may have have been keeping it "together" for the graduation and now let it go so are feeling this more. But three treatments, hard though they may be, means you are halfway done! Yay!!! If you did these three, you can do the rest. But all that to say is if you FEEL down, allow it. Just don't let it happen too long because when you get in that down mood, it's harder to get out.

You are amazing, your body is strong, it can recover and you will be fine. It helped for me to think of this (early on) as a psychological experiment, interesting, one experience that most don't get. I enjoyed seeing how people reacted to me and what my body could do. It's a neat way to change your thought process at a time when we are all tempted to go "woe is me."

Your last treatment, when your blood is really affected, is the hardest. I remember that with my first round, I walked up the stairs to the doctors appointment every single time and vowed I'd do that to the end. By the 6th and last treatment, I had to pause on the landings but I was proud to have done it. I made my goal.

Now I take the elevator. LOL.

Good luck to you, and BIG HUGS. You can do this, you WILL do this and you are going to be one of the WINNERS! I have faith!!!!

08/17/09 Dx'd.
Multifocal/multicentric IDC, largest 3.4 cm, associated ADH, LCIS, DCIS
HER2+ ER+/PR- Grade 3, Node Negative

10/20/2009: Right mastectomy, reconstruction with TE
12/02/2009: Six rounds TCH, switched to Taxol halfway through due to neuropathy
03/31/2010: Finished chemo
05/01/2010: Began tamoxifen, the worst drug ever
11/18/2010: Reconstruction completed
12/02/2010: Finished herceptin
05/21/2011: Liver Mets. Quit Tamoxifen
06/22/2011: Navelbine/Zometa/Herceptin
10/03/2011: Liver Resection, left lobe. Microwave ablation, right lobe - going for cure!
11/26/2011: C-Diff Superbug Infection, "worst case doctor had seen in 20 years"
03/28/2012: Progression in ablated section of the liver - no more cure. Started Abraxane, continue herceptin/zometa
10/10/2012: Progression continues, started Halaven, along with herceptin and zometa.
01/15/2013: Progression continues, started Gemzar and Perjeta, an unusual combo, continuing with herceptin and zometa
03/13/2013: Quit Gemzar, body just won't handle it. Staying on herceptin, zometa and perjeta.
04/03/2013: CT shows 50% regression in tumor, so am starting back on Gemzar with dose reduction, staying with perjeta/herceptin/zometa. Can't argue with success!
05/09/2013: Discussing SBRT with Radiology due to inability of bone marrow to recover from chemo.
06/07/2013: Fiducial placement for SBRT
07/03/2013: Chemo discontinued, on Perjeta, Herceptin and Zometa alone
07/25/2013: SBRT (gamma knife) begins
08/01/2013: SBRT completed
08/15/2013: STABLE! continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin, Zometa
06/18/2014: ***** NED!!!!***** continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin, Zometa
01/29/2014: Still NED. continuing with Perjeta, Herceptin. Zometa lowered to every 3 months instead of monthly.
11/08/2015: Progression throughout abdomen and lungs. Started TDM-1, aka Kadcyla. Other meds discontinued. Remission was nice while it lasted.

5/27/18: Stable. Kadcyla put me right back in the barn. I have two teeny spots on my lungs that are metabolically inactive, and liver is clean.

I’m beating this MFer. I was 51 when this started and had two kids, 22 and 12. Now I’m 60. My oldest got married and trying to start s family. My youngesg graduates from Caltech this June. My stepdaughter gave me grandkids. Life is fantastic.
CoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
SusanN

CoolBreeze...tears came as I read words of much wisdom you've traveled...your encouragement and love!!!

Huge thanks to all of you...I WILL DO THIS!!!

After all I've read lately...mine really didn't seem to bad in comparison...I really didn't know if I was going to post...just needed a bit of encouragement and wondered if anyone takes the chemo tougher as it goes with each cycle as I know we are all different.

Guess I'm finding out!! Huge thanks again and know that I always am so encouraged by you all!!!
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Old 05-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
jaykay

Hey there - my 3rd and 4th TCH were the absolute pits! Baby yourself and, as everyone says, eat whatever tastes good. For me it was chocolate danish and chocolate chip cookies (do we sense a pattern here?).

Make sure your oncologist knows. My dosage was reduced due to extremely bad GI effects and it did help

You will get through this - halfway there!

xoxo

Janis
BRCA 1 and 2 negative
October, 2012: Bi Mast with tissue expanders, port placement
Final Path: IDC 2.8cm, DCIS, 1/4 sentinal nodes positive (@#$%). Stage IIB
Nov 29, 2012: Begin TCH/6x/every 3 wks, H for 1 year/every 3 weeks.
March 14, 2013: Finished chemo
April 9, 2013: Begin radiation 28x
May 22, 2013: Finished rads
June 1st, 2013: Started Aromasin for 5 yrs.
July 15, 2013: Switched to Letrozole (Femara). Probably for the rest of my life
October 16, 2013: Exchange surgery
October 31, 2013: Finished Herceptin
December 5, 2013: Port removed
Glad this year is over!
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
suzan w

Yes, chemo is cumulative...as it eradicates all the pesky cancer cells! Keep this in mind as you feel crummy...it's cancer cells dying OUCH!
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 AM   #10
NEDenise

Susan,
Never doubt whether what you're feeling and going through is worth posting about!
YES! it is!
ALWAYS!

Big stuff, small stuff, joys, concerns...all of it!

Each of us is unique, and we need each other!
I hope things are improving for you by the hour...
And, congratulations on that graduation!! Good stuff!
Sending love and prayers...
Denise
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
KsGal

That TCH definitely is a drag. I had to work while I was taking mine, but that last treatment I had to take two weeks off. Just keep the finish line in view. You are going to finish these treatments, and you ARE going to feel better. Im stage IV, so my story is different than yours, but after TCH I had a whole year of feeling "normal", and you are going to feel like your normal self before you know it. Food is going to taste normal again! You ARE going to be able to get up and down the stairs, and clean your house, and eat without feeling nauseated, and go out in the sun and enjoy all the beautiful, wonderful things there are to see and do. So hang in there! And remember to take help from family and friends when you need it. They want to help you, so let them. I was really hung up on trying to be the strong one for my kids...I'd say, Im fine, Im fine. I can carry these groceries in, I can cook dinner for everyone..whatever. But you know, your body is trying to recover from a major assault, so take it easy and let others help. And we all have down days, and I think they are important. I used to sit in the bathtub in the mornings and cry and cry. You cant keep it all bottled up inside and let it eat at you. So be mad, and be sad, and then like you said, you will bounce back in a day or two. Big hugs to you. Im so glad you posted. Lots of prayers and positive energy headed your way. I know God is watching over you.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #12
SDCpepper

Just finished my 9th 3-week cycle of TCH! Took care of 8 lung tumors ranging from 1 to 5 cms from a metastasic salivary duct carcinoma (very similar in behavior to a invasive ductal breast carcinoma).
My tricks were during the Taxotere infusion, fingers in ice bucket and sucking on small ice cubes (it will help protect your taste buds and mouth sores). Drink lots of liquids 2.5 liters including a minimum of 1 liter of water for the following weeks.
Try to eat as much protein as you can, Salmon is high in protein and omega 3'S ... one or two red meat meals per week will help too. Eat your veggies!
Stay away from sugar (empty calories) and salt (will increase water retention).
On the 6 or 7th day after infusion, if you have diarrhea, white bread, banana, rice, apple sauce (stay away from apples and apple juice).
For mouth sores, I used a presciption called Magistral or Magic mouthwash, ask your doctor for a prescription ... at first 4 times a day, after, only at night, helps me sleep.
And very important, walk, jogg, bike, move as much as you can, at least every two days ... it will help you with fatigue. You'll be ppoped at first but feeling much more energized after.
Good luck with the remaining treatments ... only 3 to go! You'll be fine!
SDCpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
IrvineFriend

Hi Susan,

I just finished my last round of TCH and it's cumulative. I think it hit you a little later because of the graduation. I had the same experience after #3. I had a big business thing and I couldn't feel bad that week but I crashed the week after.

That said, don't let it scare you. Because I kept hearing it's cumulative and I heard the stories from my sister and friends I was really worried and took a couple days off in advance. I ended up taking 4-days off work but it was mainly because I really thought I deserved to rest and not push it. I asked for help in advance and didn't have any plans to be wonder woman. Yeah I felt crappy, but I had help and didn't have to worry about
anything but resting and feeling better.

I think as women and mother's we're so used to caring for everyone and being strong. I personally got through it in the end by admitting I needed some caretaking and accepting the help.

Hope you're feeling better soon and you will get through this as everyone has already said. And you will feel like a stronger woman because of it! You're doing it!!!

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #14
SusanN

Thank you ALL......feeling better all ready!!
@ KsGal, I'm glad you shared the your "bathtub mournings" so to speak...ha...I think I may really need to use these from time to time, just to release...and then I'LL BE OUT OF THE WATER SWIMMING AGAIN!!

SDCpepper, WAY TO GO ON YOUR FINISH!!!! And, welcome, as I see this is your first post!! Thank you for your insight as well!!
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
SusanN

Thanks Julie!
You are so very right...my mom told me she thought I had hung on and then may have just crashed after my son's graduation.

I'm one who does not expect help very well...but loves to help others!!

This is turning into a learning lesson for me...I am so humbled by the warriors here...I thank God I stumbled upon this online support group!!

Huge congrats on being done!!
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Old 06-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
carlatte7

Ugh....i knew the TCH had won round #4 when i had to stop and rest on my way to the kitchen to get a drink, and was too weak to reach up to get the glass. do whatever it is that works at that moment. Chocolate shake for breakfast- go for it. Don't wanna shower until 3am- who cares? It WILL get better. Call on your friends and family, they want to help. Its hard to do when you are a helper! Please be kind to yourself!
May1- first chemo.
May 5- I could no longer feel the mass. Really. Neither could my oncologist.
July 2- 4th TCH- Oncologist cancels last 2 tx due to "complete response"
August6- lumpectomy with axillary node dissection. No disease present in breast. 1 out of 14 nodes + (4mm)
MUGA #2- 72%
Finished 30 rads Oct '12. Mild lymphedema noticed when I had 2 rads left.
Continue Herceptin q3w until next May
April '13- first mammo since surgery- calcium deposits that are " not concerning." Well, they are concerning to ME! Turned loose from surgeon for 6 months! One more Vit H, will make plans then for port removal.
Oct '13- no change in calcium deposits. "See ya in 6 months!" Keeping port for now.
March '14- oncologist says return in 6 mo.
April '14- mammo unchanged. Surgeon will see me in 6 months but no mammo for a year unless something changes. Its getting easier, but oh, boydo i hate that scanxiety! Keeping port until 2 year anniversary of last Herceptin.
Sept'14- bloodwork good, return to onco in 8 months.
Oct'14- surgeon will see me in April '15. Moving on.
May '15- mammo unchanged, keeping same schedule. Tumor markers soon and if all is well port comes out.
July '15-tumor markers normal. See onco in a year. Appt. for port end of month. First grandchild born July 1st- for today, life is good.
carlatte7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
SusanN

Thanks carlatte! Just finished treatment 4 yesterday...am sure I'll feel the "delayed reactions" in a couple of days!!
I saw your signature...as you can see mine, we are quite the same.
I spoke with my Oncologist as to if I will receive radiation yesterday and he said no, as it will not benefit but perhaps 1%, not enough to pursue it in my treatment.
I noticed you had radiation, that is why I mentioned this...

Anyhow, prayfully, this 4th treatment won't be as bad as #3...UGGHH...thank God I can see the light now!!!
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #18
LeahM

Susan
The reason Carla had rads after chemo was because she had a lumpectomy. Rads is standard if you have a lumpectomy.

When I had my BMX they removed 2 nodes and at quick glance those nodes were cancer free...but once they went to the lab (who looked at the two as one since they were stuck together) they found micromets...

...so there I was, stuck up the river (I know the says in creek, but I like rivers) without a paddle....

...did they miss more mets? Should I go back and have a full nodal dissection? Should I have rads? Should I just "wing it"?

I had rads BUT (and that is a huge BUT) had they removed 5 of my nodes and only saw the mets in one, I wouldn't have done rads. The cancer was out of my body, lying in a medical waste pile somewhere.

Take care of yourself this week
Hugs
Leah
May 10, 2012: BRCA 1,2 Negative
May 23, 2012: MUGA Scan EF 70%
May 31, 2012: B/L Mastectomy. 2/2 nodes removed and CLEAR!! Power Port placed. 2 Drains. 2 Expanders placed
June 5, 2012: Drains OUT! Ahhhh..
June 12, 2012: Final Pathology Report, .8x.3cm tumor. Micromets to 1 node .35mm under cytokeratin staining. Stage 2A. Onc says "you are lucky to have found this early"
July 10, 2012: Started 6 rounds of TCH with weekly H
Sept 5, 2012: MUGA 65%
Sept 20, 2012: CAT scan of brain clear!
Oct 23, 2012: LAST TC! AMEN! Continue Herceptin every three weeks until July 2013.
Nov 19, 2012: Port out!
Dec 5, 2012: Started radiation
Dec. 10, 2012: MUGA 65%
Dec. 13, 2012: Turned 40. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
Jan 23, 2013: Last radiation. Told I am NED. Continue Herceptin every three weeks till July 2013.
Jan 29, 2013: Begin 5 years of Tamoxifen.
Feb 28, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. 5mm and 4mm nodules of unknown origin. Rescan in 3 months.
Mar 6, 2013: EF 60%
May 8, 2013: Exanders out, implants implanted...abd. lipo and fat moved up. Girls are looking good!
June 3, 2013: CT Scan with Contrast of lungs. Previous nodules gone. New nodules (2mm and 3mm) found. Rescan in 3 months. So sorry I opened this can of worms...
June 11, 2013: EF 60%
June 25, 2013: Last Herceptin. wow...
Aug 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Xray to sore left ribs shows no disease or fractures.
Sept 9, 2013: CT of lungs shows no disease. Closing this can of worms and moving on.
Nov 20, 2013: Tumor markers within normal limits. Severe Vit D deficiency, started on prescription Vit. D. Blaming chemo for this.
Feb 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits. Graduated to twice yearly onc appts.
Oct 2014: Tumor markers within normal limits.
May 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Bone density scan fine. Bone scan and xray of ribs shows "something" 4th right rib. Could be healed fracture but if it is healed why does it hurt?
Nov 2015: Tumor markers WNL. Follow up bone scan clear.
Feb 2016: Syncope! WTF? Dizzy too. Brain scan clear, ECHO EF 60%, Halter Monitor shows heart is fine. Viral? I will never know.
June 2016: Tumor markers WNL.
Oct 2016: Stabbing pain right eye. Long story short, trigeminal neuralgia.
Nov 2016 Brain MRI clear.
Jan 2017: Tumor markers WNL, still getting weird pain right rib area, and sometimes right upper chest. Xray x2, Bone Scan, Breast MRI all clear. Scar tissue? Rads. I may never know.
www.onmywaytosurvivorhood.blogspot.com
www.thechemobag.com
www.facebook.com/thechemobag
LeahM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #19
SusanN

Dearest Leah...THANK YOU FOR THE CLARIFICATION...XOXO!!!
Hope you are doing well...I truly can't believe I'm nearly done...then I'll finish up my year of Herceptin...THANK YOU...HUGE, HUGE HUGS!!!
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #20
carlatte7

Sorry- i have been away from here for awhile. Glad Leah cleared it up for you! Hope you are on the upswing now. Hugs.
May1- first chemo.
May 5- I could no longer feel the mass. Really. Neither could my oncologist.
July 2- 4th TCH- Oncologist cancels last 2 tx due to "complete response"
August6- lumpectomy with axillary node dissection. No disease present in breast. 1 out of 14 nodes + (4mm)
MUGA #2- 72%
Finished 30 rads Oct '12. Mild lymphedema noticed when I had 2 rads left.
Continue Herceptin q3w until next May
April '13- first mammo since surgery- calcium deposits that are " not concerning." Well, they are concerning to ME! Turned loose from surgeon for 6 months! One more Vit H, will make plans then for port removal.
Oct '13- no change in calcium deposits. "See ya in 6 months!" Keeping port for now.
March '14- oncologist says return in 6 mo.
April '14- mammo unchanged. Surgeon will see me in 6 months but no mammo for a year unless something changes. Its getting easier, but oh, boydo i hate that scanxiety! Keeping port until 2 year anniversary of last Herceptin.
Sept'14- bloodwork good, return to onco in 8 months.
Oct'14- surgeon will see me in April '15. Moving on.
May '15- mammo unchanged, keeping same schedule. Tumor markers soon and if all is well port comes out.
July '15-tumor markers normal. See onco in a year. Appt. for port end of month. First grandchild born July 1st- for today, life is good.
carlatte7 is offline   Reply With Quote