HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
twosenuf99

Phase III Randomized Study of Neoadjuvant Paclitaxel in Combination With Trastuzumab

Hi I am looking for other women who are on this particular study so we can compare side effects and experiences. I will begin my treatment next week approximately June 2.

Thanks Tracy
twosenuf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
hraby73

Re: Phase III Randomized Study of Neoadjuvant Paclitaxel in Combination With Trastuzu

I started in April. I ended up in the control group, so am getting Herceptin. I started losing my hair from the Taxol around week 3, so ended up shaving it off. Other than that, I've been extremely lucky with virtually no other side effects from either drug.
Last week I had my first follow-up CT and Echo. Echo shows no changes so Herceptin is not affecting my heart, and all tumors/nodules have reduced in size.

Did you get the Neratinib? I've read that diarrhea can be pretty bad with it, but not for everyone.

How are you doing?

Holly
initial dx 4/1/11 stage iv
mets to lungs, liver
hraby73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
twosenuf99

Re: Phase III Randomized Study of Neoadjuvant Paclitaxel in Combination With Trastuzu

Hi Holly,

I can not tell you what stage I am since my doctor has only told me I am between Stage 2 and 3 with grade III tumors. I started the treatment on June 1, have 3 down and have not really begun to lose my hair yet. I have had minor diarrhea, but the OTC Imodium helps a lot. I am covered in a rash from the Tykerb though. It looks like acne but also alot like sunburn. My biggest side effect that I think I am dealing with is actually from the steroids they are giving me. The first two weeks I could not sleep for over 40 hours after treatment. The third visit they decreased it but I was still up for 39 hours. I am hoping they take me off of it completely next week. So far my blood work has come back normal. I am due to see the oncologist and my surgeon the 27th and the 30th for check ups. Hope you are doing well. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Take Care.
Tracy
Diagnosed right Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer which spread to my lymph node 5-13-2011.
Between Stage 2 and 3 with tumors grade III. ER/PR- but Her2neu+++
PET Scan clear
Breast MRI showed 2 masses in left, 5 in the right and 2 in the lymph node.
Biopsy of left mass benign
Joined clinical trial which required second biopsy of one of the right masses
Port placed May 27, 2011
Began Chemo (Taxol, Herceptin and Tykerb) on June 1, 2011 - September 12, 2011
Bi-lateral Mastectomy with reconstruction (expanders) October 3, 2011
FEC 12 weeks
Radiation 6 weeks
Herceptin 8 months finish September 2012
Exchange surgery August 3, 2012
Been NED since October 2011
Lymphedema right arm since Nov 2013
twosenuf99 is offline   Reply With Quote