HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2004, 07:50 AM   #1
Ron, Cyndi\'s Husband

As I read this board, and I do almost daily, I wonder how many other guys there are just like me. My wife does not wish to actively participate in this board but she encourages me to keep up with it for her and tell her of the things I find here. (And there are many good things and wonderful people too!)

Cyndi was dx May 1999, we thought everything was great until July 2003 when dx with mets to both lungs. She is doing great but still has a long road to travel. We both believe that something good will be born out of this time. Perhaps the most enduring thing is; Just so she can minister to other ladies who face this disease for the first or the twenty-first time.

Opps! Started preachin' again. Really I was just interested in know how many more men visit this site as regulars?

God bless you gentlemen who stand by your wives and wish and pray and cry and will be there again tomorrow. We stand united by an all too common cause! In a fight we can only watch and cheer for the participants! Our lives depend on the success of the Survivors too.

ron
Old 01-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Joe

Hi Ron,
I know of several men who are "closet" participants in this board. This site was started by my wife in 2001 and we both are pleased that so many women have benefitted from it.

As a result of her WBR, Christine has developed radiation retinopathy and cannot easily read most posts. We both sit down together and read all of the messages.

God has a special place in heaven for all of our members. I have never seen a group of more helpful, and at the same time courageous women.

Warmest Regards
Joe
Old 01-27-2004, 12:07 AM   #3
Tom in Michigan

I am here daily, my wife has been fighting BC since 1996 and has been on Herceptin for 5 years. I am interested in dicussing the technical side of our loved ones battle.
Take care, Tom
Old 01-27-2004, 04:55 AM   #4
jeff

I'm out here too! I check at least a few times a day. I learn so much and get a lot of encouragement...
My partner Rachel was dx'ed in December '02. Finished up with radiation this past December and is now on herceptin, off-protocol.
We have two kids--14 and 6...

Talk to ya,
Jeff
Old 01-27-2004, 10:59 AM   #5
eric

Hey! I now try and check this board daily and have gained a ton of valuable info. To all the husbands, boyfriends, partners out there who read here...this disease SUCKS but the people who manage and visit this site are incredible. I find this to be my favorite spot for valuable info and wonderful support.
My wife, Caryn, was diagnosed stage IIIa in Oct '03, mastectomy in November and has just completed first half of chemo...4 AC dose dense to be followed by 4 (probably) taxol dose dense. After that she will have radiation and herceptin if the FISH test comes back with a confirmation of overexpression.