HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
Anonymous

I was curious if anyone is using or has tried marijauna for pain? I have read it does work. I also read it can cause lung cancer as well. Hugs,
Old 01-26-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
patty z

Yes, I did try it last winter, but had a bad reaction. that doesn't mean that it doesn't work...just that for me, well it wasn't at all like back in the 60's. Someone told me it is a lot stronger now...

I was nauseated, had more pain and felt paralyzed for over an hour. Not what I had hoped for, obviously.

I know of other that use it for pain control tho', without these problems.

good luck,
pattyz
Old 01-26-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
Lisa

I tried Marinol (synthetic THC) to increase my appetite, but it didn't work for me. Heck, I didn't even get one of the possible side effects, "exaggerated happines." Wouldn't you know it? LOL

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 01-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
Lyn

Hi there, I had a giggle when one of the nurses was disgussing a patient and she was going to ask the onc about marijauna. I asked where do you get it, the police station, she explained that it is on prescription and in tablet form, so there goes the lung cancer theory, but I have heard that on request the police station and other medical facilities can give out the weed stuff. Like everything, it works for some and not others. My friend's father had stomach cancer and he smoked it regularly for his appetite, and on his death bed his last words to his daughter were, "hide my stash I don't want the cops to find it," so prescious he was 74, don't know what he thought would happen, he was cremated but I think his daughter kept it, her father would have wanted her to.

Hugs Lyn
Old 01-27-2004, 03:10 AM   #5
Lolly

Hi,
I have a friend who has used it for years for debiliting back pain from old injuries; this person prefers not to take analgisics on a regular basis, also doesn't use marijauna on a regular basis, just occasionally. No lung cancer, so far.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 01-27-2004, 05:58 AM   #6
Annamarie16

I recently tried it for nausea and it worked great. The only thing was I couldn't walk around because it made me a little dizzy. Also, I really don't like how it made me feel (not in control) but it sure worked on the nausea. At least I could eat that day. Haven't tried it for pain but it's a thought.