HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2004, 05:49 AM   #1
Annamarie16

Just got back from the readiologist and they are suggesting to do Gamma Knife next Tuesday morning and, they keep you overnight for observation. Although I am scared to death to have the frame screwed into my head, I was thankful that there is only the one tumor so far and that they are not talking wbr. This Friday I am to have my PET scan. Hopefully my PET scan won't be any worse than it was last time although I'm certainly not getting my hopes up with this new development.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:55 AM   #2
Sheila

Annamarie
That is my favorite Aunt's name by the way....our prayers are with you through all of this...I think we fear the unusual or unknown...I on the other hand am a nurse and I fear more because I know too much on the medical side. You are in good hands...and you have many angels watching over you and thinking of you on this board!!
Hugs
Sheila
Old 01-27-2004, 06:10 AM   #3
Annamarie16

Thanks for the support. I have many friends who are nurses and know they are the worst patients. Maybe ignorance is bliss.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:14 AM   #4
lola

arghhh...youhave to wait a whole week!! the anticipation of such a thing is awful!! I will keep praying everyday that you will have peace during this wait and that you will find a way to distract yourself from thinking about it. It will be over soon and then you can get on with your recovery. You will be okay when this is over, you wait and See!!! Then you can just use this experience to help another girl go through this and you will say "well back in 2004 i had that done, and I survived it and now I am doing great." They will be so encouraged!!! Hugs and prayers. Lola
Old 01-27-2004, 07:42 AM   #5
Kitty

I sometimes think the worst part is the waiting...for tests, test results, surgeries, you name it. It is good news there is only one and & I am sure petscan will be fine. Next week you'll be telling us it was a breeze....Will be praying for you. Take care.
Kitty
Old 01-27-2004, 08:34 AM   #6
Annamarie16

Thanks. I am trying so hard not to think about it. Trying to remember it is only for one day and then recovery time. I dread going for this PET scan Friday. Feel that I can only handle one thing at a time.