HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
kk1

Unhappy broke my ankle but found a great educational site

I broke my ankle on saturday so I'm stuck on the couch for 10 days with my foot up in the air. Thought I would investigate further the bone breakage issue and anti-estogen therapies, although I really think it was just one of those stupid household accidents and not related to my treatment. My last bone density scan two months ago showed I had actually gain density back. Good thing I did my ski trip to Vail last month, but will have to cancel my spring trip to squaw.

I guess the upside is I have so much time to surf from the couch that I final joined the ranks of the her2support senior members, I am honored and only hope that I can give back a little of what has been given to me by the others that post here. I also get to watch all the winter olympics during the day with out feeling guilty , and my husband and kids are finally learning how to cook and grocery shop!.

Anyway I came across this great site which has lots of multi-media information that you can listen and watch on the web or download text. It even contains all the highlights from the 2005 SABC. Check it out.

www.peerviewpress.com

http://www.peerviewpress.com/search....e=PVP&edition=

kk1
kk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
StephN

Thumbs up Thanks for great site.

Sorry about the ankle, I know you are not one to like confinement!
I have bookmarked the site and will look when I can spend more time sitting in the "computer" position.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Lolly

Thanks KK! So sorry about your ankle, much worse than my little accident a couple of weeks ago...in a hurry to go pick up a cancer friend from day surgery to give her a ride home, and I shut my hand in the van's sliding side door! So my husband dropped me off at the ER, picked my friend up and took her home, came back to sit with me while I got stitches in my middle finger which seemed to take the brunt of things, and then to top it off had to do the cooking and dishes for the next ten days! He's an angel. Thankfully no broken bones in the hand, just some bruised knuckles.

I sympathize with you, but hey, like you said at least you get to watch the Olympics guilt-free

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:06 AM   #4
kk1

ooooch Lolly, makes me cringe....I bet shutting your hand in the door hurt way worse than my ankle!

kk1
kk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
Sandy H

Sorry to hear you broke your ankle. I am with Steph will check the site out when I have more time. I too fell Saturday evening when I tripped on my slipper and landed full length on my bedroom floor. I broke my finger nail half off and tore the finger off the nail bed. It is so sore. My husband kept asking me if I blacked out and if I was sure I was o.k. Even the next morning he was watching me to see if I was walking o.k. I am thankful it was no worse because after seeing where I landed I could easily have hit my head and broke my neck!! hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote