HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #21
pattyz

Dearest Al,

With heartfelt sympathy on the death of your darling Linda.

pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:51 AM   #22
Kim in CA

My heart goes out to you at this sad time. Just remember, it's not "goodbye", just, "until we meet again".

Love, Kim
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #23
Tracy

My heart is aching...so sad to hear of Linda's passing. My prayers are with you and your family.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:26 AM   #24
Andi

Al - I only know of you through your postings, but through those postings and this web site i felt a kind of connection to you. Please accept my sincerest sympathy to you and your family.

PS - I'm glad to hear you will be coming back, I believe you have a lot to offer.
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #25
Randi

So Sorry

Al,

May your precious Linda rest in peace among the angels.

Your in my prays.

randi
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #26
jener8er

Al, I'm so sorry to hear this from you today, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Linda is at peace now.
Jen
4/20+ Lymph nodes
Stage 3a
Age 38, CA
jener8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:56 AM   #27
aquinis2000

in times like this....

we struggle for words. may you feel unspoken comfort in this time of sorrow.
aquinis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #28
Sandy H

I have not even checked my personal e-mail yet as many times I come right to this board. As Steph already said I too thank Christine and Joe for having met you and Linda in San Antonio in Dec. Its pretty over whelming for me to think all that has transpired for both of you since then. Of course, it all started much before San Antonio. You were so sweet to let us know so soon and continue to inspire us despite all that is happening right now. You and your family will stay in our hearts on this board for a long time. I am so happy you said you were going to stay with us here and also feel you can continue to be a part of us. I think some feel once their loved one is gone they can not be a part of us and that is not true. Keep us posted on how you are doing. We all love you and you will continue to be in our prayers. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #29
TriciaK

Dear Al, I can only echo all the thoughts of others here, and express my gratitude for "knowing" you and your beautiful Linda. You have given so much to us, even in your pain you have thought of us! We will look forward to you being on the board again when you can. Our thoughts and prayers and tears are with you and will be for a long time. You and Linda will be together again, I bear testimony from my heart that I know that. She will not be far away even now. God bless you, Al, and all your family! Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #30
DianaK

Dear Al and family

I do not post very much-more of a lurker-but I wanted to express my deepest sympathies to you and your family.I have followed your families journey and I am so saddened by this news.You are an amazing husband and should take comfort that you did all you could-til the end.Diana
DianaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #31
tammymarie1971

Al...I am so very sorry for your loss!!! May peace surround you and your family.
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #32
Lani

Difficult to find words..

We are all deeply saddened and wish to console you in whatever way possible. I, for one, wish every woman with this disease could have the support you provided every step of the way. I am sure Linda considered
herself exceptionally blessed in this regard. Every act of kindness helps serves to combat the injustice of the situation. Linda can rest in peace knowing the myriad acts of kindness on your behalf triumphed above and beyond anything negative associated with this disease.

I like to think of the story of JOB. Perhaps it was not JOB who was being tested, but those around him! You, Al, certainly passed with flying colors!

With sincere condolences,
Lani
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #33
marymary

I love Donne

Thank you for posting the poem by John Donne. It brought tears to my eyes.

Mary
marymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #34
Julie2

Dear Al,

My heart aches so much from this sad news. I was still hoping for a miracle for Linda yesterday. You tried the best and please come back to this board after everything settles.

Julie
Old 04-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #35
hope

My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. I'm glad Linda lived life to the fullest and you did everthing in your power to help her. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and look forward for you rejoining the board for your wealth of information. God Bless, Hope
Old 04-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #36
AlaskaAngel

Hi Al,

Even with all those who are there to help you, if there is a way for strong independent people like you or Linda to be facing this in your own way you have started on that path. Rest often, and may Linda's spirit guide you to brighter, gentler times.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #37
Cynthia

Al,

With profound sadness I offer my sympathy to you and your entire family. It's amazing how a heart can ache so profoundly for someone so far away whom I have never met. Yet this forum has forged such a strong bond among us. Linda's courage and determination were, and always will be, an inspiration to all of us afflicted by this disease. Thank you, Al, for allowing us to know Linda and you. I join the many others in offering you and your family prayers.

Cynthia
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #38
anne

Dear Al,

It is with a heavy heart that I read your post. I am glad that Linda was in peace. How unselfishish of you to continue helping people here on the board. My condolences to your family as well.
Anne
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #39
jag

AL-YOU DID ALL THAT YOU COULD HUMANLY DO...I AM SADDENED BY THE NEWS...MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...GOD BLESS...
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #40
tricia keegan

I too am fairly new here but want to express how sorry I am for all you and your family are going through Al.It must have been very comforting though to see linda pass on so gently smiling surrounded by people she loves in her final days.God bless you all.
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote