HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #61
kacey

Smile Survivor

If I did this right my history will be in my signature.

Kacey
Groshong placed 10-13-05 and chemo started
TCH x6 and continue Herceptin for one year every 3 wks
Rads x 33 (at the end of chemo) finished 4-01-06
20 months NED
kacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #62
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Hi Kacey!

Tell me how to do the signature thing. I feel like an idiot. I'd also like to add my pic, but only seem to know how to hobble around these sites and type. I'm 62. My 10 yr old granddaughter is much more apt at this. I would love to put it all out there and not keep repeating myself on my stats. What's the secret? Pray tell... ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #63
Carol Carlson

Andrea, Don't feel bad... I don't know how to do the signature thing either.
Carol
Carol Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #64
tousled1

To put your signature on all your postings - go to the top of the page and click "user CP" under that you will see "edit signature" Just fill in any information you want to show with your showings and save it.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #65
LAURIE

Feeling good, back to work and I cannot believe my muga went up from a 53 to a 55. Looks like 3 more months of Herceptin!!! I cannot wait till Dec. when I'm all done.

Laurie
Diagonsed 8/10/06 (found own lump)at 35
Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 8-29-06 to 11-06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
12 Taxol 12/18/06-03/06/07
Herceptin 12/18/06- 12/11/2007 done!!! yeah!!!
33 rads started 3/22/07, done!! yeah!! 5/07/07
Lymphedema diagonsed 2/1/07
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
port out 1/10/08
pregnant after 6 yeas of trying- due mid feb.
Ryder David Kessel Hunter born feb.6th 2009

LAURIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #66
calipsog

My signature says all about my cancer journey....

Regards,
Calipso
NED so far, all scans clear 04/07
calipsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #67
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Done W/herceptin?????

I don't understand. Herceptin corrects the defective gene HER2neu that overproduces a certain protein and causes out of control cell growth = bc.

Would a diabetic stop taking insulin. A person w/high bld pressure stop taking the meds that keep that under control.

I am a 4th stage ILC+2 out of 18 nodes (age 50, post menopausal in '95). Mastec, reconst + 8 mnths chemo (4 Adria, 8 CMF). Multiple liver mets in '98. HER2+. Taxotere for 9 mnths. Herceptin added after the first 8 wk scans, to be sure Taxotere was working for me, and have been on Herceptin since '98! I believe it prevents me frm having more mets. It is keeping me alive.

Why would someone want to go off Herceptin? Please explain the reasoning. It is alarming to me. God bless Herceptin. And God bless every one you on this board, my beloved soul sisters. Sending loving, healing energy your way always... ANDI
Old 06-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #68
Chelee

Andrea, I recently finished my yr of herceptin & wanted to *continue* it till I hit at least the two yr mark. Especially since I could not have radiation. My ECHO's have stayed good...last one was 69. So my onc said one yr is all I need & studies show less may be better. But they have agreed to let me go to get a 2nd opinion on this which is June 15th.

I have heard of so many other stage III'ers & IV stage that stayed on herceptin & are doing great & staying NED or stable. I can't help but think thats due to herceptin alone? I can't help but be concerned that they would rather NOT tell us more is better because of the cost to the insurance companies? (I might be wrong..JMHO.) If all us her2 gals stayed on herceptin for yrs that would be very expensive. But as you mentioned...you don't take meds away from someone with blood pressure problems or that is a diabetic. So I have to wonder about this? I sure hope I get the ok to go back on it...I know the risk to the heart but it should be my choice.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #69
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink To Stay Or Go W/herceptin

Chelee and all my Sisters, I have previously posted re this topic but I don't know if it got lost in the recent shuffle/hijacking.

I have 5 oncs. All brilliant. All add something diff to the mix. I treasure ea ones' opinion. 1 doc "suggested" I might want to go off. I questioned the wisdom. He said I could always return to Herceptin. I know, BUT... Would I also have to do another chemo round? No, thank you very much. And take the chances of having another met. I spent a day calling ev bc org for info. All returned my call within the hr or later in the day WITH APOLOGIES for taking so long. I called Slamon's office. They referred me to a UCLA research group and they gave me a med jrnl interview w/Pegram (who was also part of the team that developed Herceptin). I also went to see Pegram when visiting my dghtr in Ca 2/06. Bottom line -- as long as you aren't having adverse effects (and if you were to have heart prob they'd have shown already -- since starting in '98, if you are psychologically willing to continue, if the insur co isn't giving you grief -- mine has not in all these yrs -- then stay w/it. Don't take the chance of going off). 2 other oncs of mine said the same. So I remain w/it. I started w/ev wk, and decided I could LIVE w/that plan. My husband Paul goes w/me ev time, God love him! In '01 I switched to the ev 3 wk plan and that has been like a party. Red rash on declotee area and upper arms, does NOT itch, but would like it not to be there -- no big deal. Had tram flap reconst and am glad for somethin I can call a breast.

Let us know what your docs say re Hercep. My personal opinion, and I am not a med prof, but like all you incred ladies -- I am a prof patient and a well-informed one at that, dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's, overseeing every step my docs and their staff take (or don't take) -- I say -- IF I WERE I DIABETIC, WOULD YOU CONSIDER STOPPING THE INSULIN? I have high bld press and a choles issue and have meds for those. I would freak out if I had to go without them. They keep me well, in the normal range and free to LIVE, happy, healthy and enjoying my 5 grandchild! Had 0 in '95. Now look where I am!

Sending loving energy your way, my special Soul sisters all... ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...