HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Inflammatory Breast Cancer
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2008, 05:19 AM   #1
Lani

first ever international meeting on inflammatory bc and its in Texas in December!

First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer Conference
December 5-7, 2008

December 5, 2008
The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
Cancer Prevention Building
8th Floor, Conference Center
1155 Pressler Street
Houston, Texas

December 6-7, 2008
Hotel Derek
Bravo Ballroom
2525 West Loop South
Houston, Texas

General Information

Conference Agenda
Call For Posters
Committee and Speaker Information
Registration Information
Hotel & Transportation Information
Houston Visitor Information
Map
Though IBC is uncommon, its aggressive nature necessitates an exclusive forum for experts and investigators to present up-to-date information. This conference—the first of its kind—will examine the latest international epidemiological data and will review clinical diagnosis, imaging technologies, disease management, and molecular investigation.

Breakout sessions will provide tailored presentations to research scientists, nurses, and patient advocates. Through this conference, we hope to minimize delay in the assessment of IBC, promote optimum patient care, and stimulate the search for curative therapies.

Goal
This conference is designed to educate our attendees on the current knowledge surrounding the diagnosis, management, and treatment of Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC). We expect that our attendees will be able to integrate this knowledge into their professional activities, thereby improving patient care and raising awareness.

Educational Objectives
After attending the conference, participants should be able to

implement public education using advocates, the media, and professionals in promoting awareness and curative therapies;
identify epidemiological trends and clinical features of IBC;
compare the advances in breast imaging techniques;
discuss mechanisms of IBC progression at the cellular and biochemical levels;
identify valid/novel therapeutic targets and benefits of combination therapy;
understand current surgical management techniques; and
implement surveillance recommendations following IBC treatment.
Target Audience
This conference should be of value to medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, obstetricians, gynecologists, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, dermatologists, family medicine practioners, psychiatrists and psychologists.

Educational Methods

Lectures
Question-and-Answer Sessions
Case Studies
Patient Narratives
Panel Discussions, Posters
Evaluation
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.

Accreditation
The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.

The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center designates this educational activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.

Nursing
Nursing Continuing Education Contact hours will be awarded.

The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity meets Type I criteria for mandatory continuing education requirements toward relicensure as established by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.

CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants when an individual departs the conference. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME Verification Form.

Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided on-site to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.

Important Dates:
June 2008: Abstract Submission Opens

September 26, 2008: Abstract Submission Deadline

This educational activity is supported in part by GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Eli Lilly and
Company, The Houston Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, and Cardinal Health.

©2008 The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
myraazzopardi

Smile Her 2 Then Pagetts Disease

Hi Lani.

thanks for the info. I have been off for a while having a masectomy for pagetts that i may have had before i had lumpectomy for her 2 positive. My op was in april and i am fine. I have a horrible and wicked onc. here in Spain. I have the ocasional blood test will have a ecograph which did not show up the pagetts in fact had it for over a year before they believed me. I am having no tests to see if I could have mets from the her 2 which was about may 2006. No lymph nodes affected but some removed. I test for breast lumps but what about brain, bones and poss. liver mets. Sorry to put this into you but need some answers. I have started up a group on facebook under my name. I am happy though. In anticipation, thanks.
myraazzopardi is offline   Reply With Quote