HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2014, 05:38 AM   #1
Mtngrl

A Place to Vent about "Awareness"

Several of us have strong opinions about "breast cancer awareness month." If you want, you can talk about them here.

Here's a blog post I wrote about it. http://www.durfeewest.com/pinktober-again/

And here's an Onion sendup of Komen (one of its favorite targets. A few years ago they had a headline that said something like "6,000 people race for the cure; fail to find it." http://www.theonion.com/articles/sus...e-probe,37202/

Feel free to chime in.
4/29/11 CT scan shows suspicious lesions on liver and lungs
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/24/11 liver met confirmed--Stage IV at diagnosis
5/27/11 Begin weekly Taxol & Herceptin for 3 months (standard of care at the time of my DX)
7/18/11 Switch to weekly Abraxane & Herceptin due to Taxol allergy
8/29/11 CT scan shows no new lesions & old lesions shrinking
9/27/11 Finish Abraxane. Start Herceptin every 3 weeks. Begin taking Arimidex
10/17/11--Brain MRI--No Brain mets
12/5/11 PET scan--Almost NED
5/15/12 PET scan shows progression-breast/chest/spine (one vertebra)
5/22/12 Stop taking Arimidex; stay on Herceptin
6/11/12 Started Tykerb and Herceptin on clinical trial (w/no chemo)
9/24/12 CT scan--No new mets. Everything stable.
3/11/13 CT Scan--two small new possible mets and odd looking area in left lung getting larger.
4/2/13--Biopsy of suspicious area in lower left lung. Mets to lung confirmed.
4/30/13 Begin Kadcyla/TDM-1
8/16/13 PET scan "mixed," with some areas of increased uptake, but also some definite improvement, so I'll stay on TDM-1/Kadcyla.
11/11/13 Finally get hormone receptor results from lung biopsy of 4/2/13. My cancer is no longer ER positive.
11/13/13 PET scan mixed results again. We're calling it "stable." Problems breathing on exertion.
2/18/14 PET scan shows a new lesion and newly active lymph node in chest, other progression. Bye bye TDM-1.
2/28/14 Begin Herceptin/Perjeta every 3 weeks.
6/8/14 PET "mixed," with no new lesions, and everything but lower lungs improving. My breathing is better.
8/18/14 PET "mixed" again. Upper lungs & one spine met stable, lower lungs less FDG avid, original tumor more avid, one lymph node in mediastinum more avid.
9/1/14 Begin taking Xeloda one week on, one week off. Will also stay on Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks.
12/11/14 PET Scan--no new lesions, and everything looks better than it did.
3/20/15 PET Scan--no new lesions, but lower lung lesions larger and a bit more avid.
4/13/15 Increasing Xeloda dose to 10 days on, one week off.
7/1/15 Scan "mixed" again, but suggests continuing progression. Stop Xeloda. Substitute Abraxane every 3 weeks starting 7/13.
10/28/15 PET scan shows dramatic improvement everywhere. All lesions except lower lungs have resolved; lower lungs noticeably improved.
12/18/15 Last Abraxane. Continue on Herceptin and Perjeta alone beginning 1/8/16.
1/27/16 PET scan shows cancer is stable.
5/11/16 PET scan shows uptake in some areas that were resolved on the last two scans.
6/3/16 Begin Kadcyla and Tykerb combination
6/5 - 6/23 Horrible diarrhea from K&T together. Got pneumonia.
7/15/16 Begin Kadcyla only every 3 weeks.
9/6/16 Begin radiation therapy on right lung lesion that caused the pneumonia.
10/3/16 Last of 12 radiation treatments to right lung.
11/4/16 Huffing and puffing, low O2, high heart rate, on tiniest bit of exertion. Diagnosed as radiation pneumonitis. Treated with Prednisone.
11/11/16 PET scan shows significant improvement to radiated part of right lung BUT a bunch of new lung lesions, and the bone met is getting worse.
11/22/16 Begin Eribulin and Herceptin. H every 3 weeks. E two weeks on, one week off.
3/6/17 Scan shows progression in lungs. Bone met a little better.
3/23/17 Lung biopsy. Tumor sampled is ER-, PR+ (5%), HER2+++. Getting Herceptin and Perjeta as a maintenance treatment.
5/31/17 Port placement
6/1/17 Start Navelbine & Tykerb
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Becky

Re: A Place to Vent about "Awareness"

This time of year is always bittersweet. I was diagnosed at the end of August and had surgery early September and started chemo in October. I am happy to be 10 years out and still ned. However, I remember taking two of my daughters (15 and 13 at the time) to the mall in October. I had credit cards with no balance and i was just gonna let them go at it. A fun, no rules day as everyone was under so much stress. We could just forget about it all. But we couldn't. Every store where we were checking out, "do you want to buy this scarf or candle for breast cancer", every clerk would ask. Even at the makeup counter (I really remember the makeup counter because she was so pushy but I kept my cool) . Ugh, a fun day was a diaster for me. (Not my girls though cuz I spent almost $500 on them (but that was the point). So October is not my month.

I also think about all the other cancers too. What about them? I do understand it does help us somewhat. And Komen. I could write a book about how dis appointing they are to me personally but thats another post. I prefer to help the American Cancer Society. They were a real help to me. But most of all was finding this group. You're all the best!

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
tricia keegan

I can see both sides to be honest, I wish other cancers would get the highlights that breastcancer does and also the funding, but that's a whole other story.

As the Moderator of the Komen forums I'm used to reading negative comments about the organization, I have no control over that but can only say that I personally was supported and helped through my own treatments by the ladies on Komen at that time and made some life long friends there, for that reason alone I do what I do to pay it forward and ensure every new member gets the help and welcome they deserve whatever the politics!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!

Last edited by tricia keegan; 10-25-2014 at 05:25 PM..
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
Saygoon

Excellent blog - Komen like so many other organizations United Way etc are all about big money. But how much money really goes to the cause they promote? After advertising, admn. cost and usually huge salaries for upper mngmt. staff then what's left? Yes.... it takes money to make money but I agree lets put the money in a cure - in research. I think we are all "aware". Now here's my main complaint so many are out there raising money and really all they are doing is making money off a "popular disease" Lets look at reality pinktober brings in alot of bongo bucks- pink sells and unfortunately there are alot pf people getting rich off it. I too am Stage IV and if the mets don't kill me the side effects of the meds will but I wear my pink ribbons and try to stay in denial as much as I can........
Herceptin, Zometa, Taxotere and Anasterole and of course radiation
2/14/2014 2 mets on pelvic bone
Stop Anasterole continue on Herceptin and Zometa start radiation (again)
2/24/2014 start T-DM1 continue Herceptin and Zometa
4/28 more radiation that brings total to 5 (10 days ea) - I think I will soon glow in the dark....
6/01/2014 Great news! Rib mets gone, 4 of 5 spine mets showing new bone growth and pelvic mets shrinking.
8/28/2014 T11 on spine is being stubborn started Perjeta, Herceptin, Zometa and Taxol - goodbye hair!
9/04/2014 Tomo therapy - pain finally gone
1/3/2015 - starting New Year out as still stable. Feeling positive
2/23/2015 - problems with left leg, bone met flaring up - MORE radiation Whew!
2/24/2015 Stress fracture in right side of pelvic - (great just great) back to wheelchair then walker then.....
2/26/2015 Off Taxol!! Still on Perjeta, Herceptin and Hormone Blocker starting to feel a little more human.
4/10/2015 Cancer has spread to spinal fluid - not sure where I go from here
6/29/2015 Omaya Port placed,begin IT Herceptin on 7/7/2015
Saygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
Debbie L.

It's so refreshing to hear more and more people questioning the industry of breast cancer awareness. When I first began to question it (2001), it was not so well received (smile).

Here's a recent Time magazine article about
"How to Make the Biggest Impact With Your Breast Cancer Donations". I know of, and admire, 4 of the 5 -- "The Pink Fund" is new to me. NBCC is, and always has been, closest to my heart and mind.

Debbie Laxague
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP's B-31 adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin, inducing a severe case of Herceptin-envy): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Raging infection of entire chest after small revision of mastectomy scar after completing tx (significance unknown). Arimidex for two years, stopped after second pathology opinion.
2017: Mild and manageable lymphedema and some cognitive issues.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Carol Ann

Great article, Amy!

Here's the one I wrote for METAvivor:

http://www.metavivor.org/blog/ ("No More Illusions")

I have made a point of telling people when they say, "You're a success story, you made it," etc ... that I really don't know that, just have to wait and see. I certainly HOPE I am! It has opened the door to alot of discussion, I'm doing my best to give people the uncheery, real side. It makes some people uncomfortable .... yeah I was pretty uncomfortable too when none of my tests were accurate and then the HER2+++ tumor was found in my "healthy" breast.

Carol Ann
July 24, 2013: "Infected" Right Nipple and benign cyst removed, pathology report revealed Paget's, DCIS, and ILC 1.25 cm, ER+/Pro+/HER2 equivocal, Grade 2 under benign cyst, previous diagnostic mammo/ultrasound said I was perfectly healthy in both breasts.

Aug 18, 2013: MRI report says Left breast is perfectly healthy "consistent with previous studies".

Sept 2013: I insist on a bilateral mastectomy anyway. Too nervewracking to let left breast remain with higher risk after 3 cancers in right, nipple in right is already gone anyhow.

Sept 18, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy, 11 right nodes removed, ALL negative BUT -- ER+/PRO+/HER2+ tumor, 1.0 cm, Grade 2 found in a piece of "grossly unremarkable" breast tissue from prophylactic mastectomy of left breast, no nodes removed.

Oct 25, 2013: 13 left side nodes removed, ALL negative, Stage 1 across the board, NO RADS needed, YAAAAY! Port also installed.

Nov 25, 2013 Begin 6 rounds TCH.

March 10, 2014 Just finished 6th and LAST Chemo today, YAAAAAY!

March 24, 2014 Echocardiogram to make sure I'm still good for Herceptin every 3 weeks.

March 31, 2014 Echo results NORMAL, first Herceptin all by itself. Now if only my eyes would stop streaming from the Taxotere ... :)

April 21, 2014 Started Arimidex and therapy for "mild" lymphedema in left hand and arm

May 2014 Therapy completed, I have sleeves and gloves for both arms, a Flexi touch lymph pump to hook up to for an hour every day, and I've become an arm bandaging expert. :)

June 2014 Begin Fosamax to prevent osteoporosis; bone scan revealed osteopenia

Nov 17, 2014 FINAL Herceptin!

Dec 4, 2014 My right thigh muscle has been extra achy for days ... I discover a blister rash cluster on the side of my right thigh while taking a shower. Port appointment cancelled until Dec 17, my doc is working me in tomorrow afternoon to see me and the rash. My muscle at least feels less achy.

Dec 5, 2014 Yep, I have shingles. Boo! I start acyclovir and also have a prescription for a painkiller just in case for over the weekend.

Dec 17, 2014 Port is OUT!

January 2016 Shingles again and this time it started where my left breast (where the hidden HER2+++ tumor was!) used to be. My onc nurse got me a same day appointment to see my doc when I called and told her I had a rash on the site. The antiviral meds are working once again, though, so that is good news. :)
Carol Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
donocco

I worked as a pharmacist at Sloan Kettering in 1978 and left in 1979. I had one experience Ill never forget. I was the nighttime outpatient pharmacist. One of the main childhood leukemia oncologists came down to the pharmacy with her nephews. It was in October 1978 and I was 30. Her nephews had some kind of infection and I made up Amoxicillin suspensions for them. I tried to make small talk with Dr. T, something Im not good at. My statement " It will be wonderful when they find a preventative for childhood leukemia"
(I was thinking about viruses and prevention) was met with the retort "Then well both be out of a job." I cheerfully retorted only she would be out of a job not me, and listed all the different chemos for all of the different cancers I made up that day. Kind of makes you think a bit. How does Pfizer feel about cancer?How about Genentech? How about Komen? How about the American Cancer Society. How about ASCO?

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #8
BonnieR

As I said on another post where this subject came up, I am really cynical and skeptical about PinkTober as I see how it's being trivialized and abused. we seem to be a country that wants to DO something So any mindless thing will serve the purpose
Conversely, when I was a newbie, I reslky embraced my pink ribbon, my husbands work permitted the pilots to wear pink ties"United Against Breast Cancer". It all seemed really supportive to me. And we'll meaning. But it gets out of hand with bars throwing "save the ta tas" parties and "go bra less". How does that help anyone? It depresses me. I'm without breasts
I have learned to donate very locally to a group which helps individual patients with their specific needs Rent, medication, mammograms
Keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #9
BonnieR

How do I post a photo here? I have a perfect example of things gone amoc

Post menopause
Sentinel Node Neg
Aromasin started 5/10
Old 10-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
Mtngrl

Bonnie--I think you get an option for posting photos if you click "go advanced."

Carol Ann--great post. Thanks for sharing it. And I'm also a former lawyer. I shut down my law practice in 2008 to go off ot seminary in Philadelphia. After two years I transferred to Boston University School of Theology. I was diagnosed in my first school year at BU.

I don't think most people in health care would mind being out of a job if there were a preventative or cure for their specialty disease. But financial interest is an issue. It always is.
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/27/11 Begin weekly Taxol & Herceptin for 3 months (standard of care at the time of my DX)
3/11/13 CT Scan--two small new possible mets and odd looking area in left lung getting larger.
8/16/13 PET scan "mixed," with some areas of increased uptake, but also some definite improvement, so I'll stay on TDM-1/Kadcyla.
11/11/13 Finally get hormone receptor results from lung biopsy of 4/2/13. My cancer is no longer ER positive.
11/13/13 PET scan mixed results again. We're calling it "stable." Problems breathing on exertion.
2/18/14 PET scan shows a new lesion and newly active lymph node in chest, other progression. Bye bye TDM-1.
6/8/14 PET "mixed," with no new lesions, and everything but lower lungs improving. My breathing is better.
8/18/14 PET "mixed" again. Upper lungs & one spine met stable, lower lungs less FDG avid, original tumor more avid, one lymph node in mediastinum more avid.
9/1/14 Begin taking Xeloda one week on, one week off. Will also stay on Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks.
3/20/15 PET Scan--no new lesions, but lower lung lesions larger and a bit more avid.
7/1/15 Scan "mixed" again, but suggests continuing progression. Stop Xeloda. Substitute Abraxane every 3 weeks starting 7/13.
10/28/15 PET scan shows dramatic improvement everywhere. All lesions except lower lungs have resolved; lower lungs noticeably improved.
12/18/15 Last Abraxane. Continue on Herceptin and Perjeta alone beginning 1/8/16.
5/11/16 PET scan shows uptake in some areas that were resolved on the last two scans.
11/4/16 Huffing and puffing, low O2, high heart rate, on tiniest bit of exertion. Diagnosed as radiation pneumonitis. Treated with Prednisone.
11/11/16 PET scan shows significant improvement to radiated part of right lung BUT a bunch of new lung lesions, and the bone met is getting worse.
11/22/16 Begin Eribulin and Herceptin. H every 3 weeks. E two weeks on, one week off.
3/23/17 Lung biopsy. Tumor sampled is ER-, PR+ (5%), HER2+++. Getting Herceptin and Perjeta as a maintenance treatment.
5/31/17 Port placement
Old 10-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #11
BonnieR

Where is "go advanced" prompt?

Post menopause
Sentinel Node Neg
Aromasin started 5/10
Old 10-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #12
Mtngrl

Bonnie,

At the bottom of your draft post. You can either click "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced." If you click the latter, you can then scroll down to "manage attachments" and upload images or files.

Hope that helps. But it didn't work for me. I attached a photo from last year of some members of my in-person stage iv cancer support group, but it didn't show up. I tried pasting the photo directly. That seemed to have worked, but it wouldn't let me save it.

Sorry.
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/31/17 Port placement
Old 10-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #13
BonnieR

I did see the prompt finally. But don't know how to get the photo to the site. I am not good at technology at this level. Too bad because I have a killer photo I want to post here
But thank u for replying

Post menopause
Sentinel Node Neg
Aromasin started 5/10
Old 10-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #14
PinkGirl

To post a picture, look above the message you are typing, you will see fonts, sizes, A, and then a paperclip. Click on the paperclip to add an attachment.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #15
BonnieR

I see that. It asks for a URL of the image. That is beyond my skill level!

Post menopause
Sentinel Node Neg
Aromasin started 5/10
Old 10-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #16
sarah

Debbi L. great info, I think you should start a new post withthat link saying for those who want to donate to BC.

I'm a little skeptical about Komen myself. I don't understand where all the money they raise goes and how much goes to administration. Maybe that's something they need to explain clearly.
Let's not forget this site as a good place to donate to, it has proven its usefulness to all of us. We need it. And let's not forget Dr. Slamon!!! We don't need more awareness for bc, (maybe for the rare cancers), what we need is a cure for all cancers and to help those who can't afford the medicine they need.
Health and happiness
sarah
Old 10-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #17
Mtngrl

A brilliant breast cancer blogger who had an accounting background combed through the Komen financials (from its tax returns) and analyzed all the data. She is no longer living (and sorely missed--she was funny and brave and smart) but here's a link to her blog post about what she found: http://cancerculturenow.blogspot.com...y-numbers.html
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/31/17 Port placement
Old 10-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #18
'lizbeth

Amy, thanks for addressing this important issue. I feel the greed in fundraising, cancer research, and oncology holds back progress on finding cures for those who desperately are in need of one.

Some of us had a similar conversation each October. Last year I was venting about the stink of pink. I clearly remember NEDenise participating.

We discussed Charity Navigator as a good place to check out before giving. I just visited and found that one needs to register to use it.

The Breast Cancer Research Foundation has 4 stars. Susan G. Komen has 3 stars.

I read the article about Susan G. Komen and I can see many valid points about how little of the donations go to research. I made the point last year that all this money going to awareness skipped me. I procrastinated at the age of 40 thinking that I likely could wait for a mammo. Wrong! Had I gone for mammos at a minimum of every 2 years it would have been found much earlier.

If research is our priority then another charity would be better. Perhaps the Breast Cancer Research Foundation?

From my personal experience the huge amount of funds going to charities for research is just the beginning of the problem. The entire system is broken.

Once a drug makes it into clinical trials the system breaks again. Poor and slow enrollment has been a chronic problem. Phase I and II trials are in limited locations. The trials compete against unaffiliated oncologists for patients who rarely find out they could participate until after receiving standard of care. Newly diagnosed patients are reluctant to participate wanting to go with the 'tried and true" treatments. This extends the time for new treatments for years, even decades.

To speed up cures we also need a campaign about enrolling in clinical trials, not just getting mammograms and breast exams. Patients need support with transportation costs and lodging.

So many opportunities for improvement.
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #19
Mtngrl

As I said in my blog post, cancer is not a "cause" to market. It's a public health issue. Society as a whole should be working on it at a much better-funded level. The budgets for NCI, NIH, and other research look large, but not when divided by 330 million people. And then there are access and quality of care issues.

One of the doctors who spoke at LBBC gave the number of childhood leukemia patients who are enrolled in clinical trials. It was over 90%. The percentage for breast cancer is in the single digits. That is certainly a problem.

Mass screening of asymptomatic, healthy women has not been shown to increase overall survival. In fact, in some fortuitously matched pairs of populations in Europe, where one country began routine screening years earlier than its sister country, it was shown that it does no good at all in terms of overall survival. We're wasting money on screening that could be going into cure and prevention, but a for-profit health care system is skewed towards procedures. If health care were publicly funded, there'd be much more incentive to do evidence-based medicine, not profit-driven.

Overall survival should be the gold standard, and preventing or arresting metastasis should be the goal. One especially irksome thing that Komen does is tout five-year survival rates. Here's one response to that tactic: http://www.breastcancerdeadline2020..../truth-20.html and I read a wonderfully snarky blog post about it recently (Along the lines of "big deal. Estrogen-receptor positive breast cancer often recurs ten, fifteen or more years out. And living five or six years longer when you're 40 is still nothing like a normal lifespan." But I couldn't find it.)
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/31/17 Port placement
Old 10-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #20
'lizbeth

I remember when my biggest wish was to live to my 50th birthday.

I did not understand cancer when I was first diagnosed at all. I had no idea that such a large number of breast cancer patients live so long. I lived in terror of a recurrence. Now I am just so grateful to be looking at 7 years since diagnosis, of which 6 1/2 are NED. And to have passed the big 5-0!

I am even more glad that my 2nd oncologist humored me by helping me enroll in the GP2 vaccine trial. I was truly a pain in the posterior. It was a battle on the board in the beginning, a lot of people told me that vaccines don't work, that it would destroy my heart. I am so looking forward to more data from all the vaccine trials that shows this is a way to prevent patients from recurrence.

I too am also happy that Genentech has come up with a Trio of Triumph on Her2 breast cancer, that would be Herceptin, Perjeta & Kadycala. I suspect that it shrinks the ranks of those in the HER2 group that progress to MBC.

I know Dr. Slamon was working on the ER cancers, but have not kept up with his progress lately.

NEDenise was truly special, totally cracked me up, and often.

I am asking customers to round up at J C Penney's for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. If I must suffer through another Pink-tober at least I can promote a charity that has a greater focus on research.

Enough about my Pink-tober experience. It is a good blog. I'm sure that more and more are hearing your frustrations with the Pink system and you are making a positive difference.

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 10-27-2014 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: typos addition
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote