HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #181
harrie

Re: Just for fun...

Hema is very beautiful.....

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #182
pibikay

Thanks Harrie
Left breast cauliflower 25x20cm
ossousmetstatis in vertbrae secondaries L4=L5secondary
nodules in both liver lobes secondary
Diagnosed 10th March 2010
ER/PR-ve
Her 2 neu +++
Taxotrne Zylotec started 16th March
Herceptin added 5th April.9th Herceptin over on 20th Sep '10.Started on Tykerb and Xeloda on 22nd Oct2010TYKERB 4 TAB A DAY XELODA 4 TAB A DAY ONE WEEK ON ONE WEEK OFFZoletrust infusion every 4 months.Lesion in Brain 3D CRT Radiation started on 1st Feb'12 for 20 days ,5 days a week for 4 weeks.Devloped a small lump in breast.Xeloda stopped from 11th April '12.On Taxol.After 3 cycles of Taxol Taxol stopped.Back to Xeloda regime from 3rd July
Herceptin started again on 27th Dec 2012.Xeloda stopped Navelbin added on 7th February 2013.Now on Tykerb Herceptin and Navelbin
pibikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #183
Estelle

I just saw this! I like the idea of getting to know some non-cancer facts about our friends and fellow fighters. I am currently retired after 28 years of working as a public sector lawyer doing civil rights work (primarily employment discrimination, and housing discrimination and accessibility issues). I went to law school because I saw the law as a means to effect positive change, particularly for those who have no voice -- and I have been blessed that in most of my jobs I have been able to do just that. I also taught law school for 7 years while my daughter, my rock, now 26, was young. I have an BA in music, which was my first love, and am now happily singing to two choirs, including a semi-professional choir - www.heritagesignaturechorale.org -- and composing sacred choral music. I am also catching up on a lot of travel that I postponed throughout the years.

And most importantly, I thank God every morning for new mercies.
lumpectomy 2/09
10 positive nodes; scans show no further metastasis, Stage IIIc
AC completed 5/09
Tykerb/Taxol (trial) 6/09, terminated from trial (due to bad reaction to Tykerb) 8/09; switched to Herceptin/Taxol
Taxol finished 10/09
Bilateral mastectomy 11/09
Radiation 12/09 to 1/10
Herceptin finished 7/10
NED
Start Vaccine Trial at Hopkins 2/11
Finished Vaccine Trial 11/11
Continue NED
Port Out 11/11
DEIP Flap 4/17)
8 Years NED 2/17
Estelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #184
snolan

Just saw this post would like to chime in.

I am a Physical Therapist Assistant for the last 15 year. Working mainly in inpatient rehab settings. Love to work with stroke, and head injury patients. I currently have switched venues and am the clinical coordinator for a PTA program, I still see home health patients on the side. I have enjoyed switching to the teaching side as it has forced me to relearn a lot of things we forget over the years. My husband and I also enjoy racing mountain bikes. We are not pros or anything but enjoy it and it gives us something to do together. I have two girls ages 11 and 8. I coach my 11 year olds basketball team, and my husband coaches my 8 yo soccer team. So we stay very active, which has helped me keep motiviated on recovery and getting thru tx.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #185
RhondaH

Hello all my BEAUTIFUL ladies!!!! It's been almost 6 years since my dx and while I don't post much, I do check up on you all. It looks like this hasn't been around for a while, so please feel free to add to it. Take care and love ya.

Your Breast Friend,

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #186
Pray

I worked as a sub-secretary for district and voluntered for Saint Vincent d' Paul Society. 10 years and for The last 6 I was President our Parish. Until my dx. Now I watch a new born twice a week and I am having so much fun!
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #187
fauxgypsy

I can't remember whether I have posted here or not. I am an artist and I am an instructor at a community college where I teach Anatomy and Physiology, Nutrition and other Biology courses. For many years I had a company and did faux finishes and murals. After my mastectomy, I couldn't do the large faux finish jobs without having flareups of lymphedema.
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #188
Pray

Leslie, I'm sorry part of your passion had to come to an end. Gods blessings to you!
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #189
Kmswilson

I just saw this thread! What fun! I have been married for 11 years and have a 5-1/2-year-old son, Jake, and a daughter, Ellee, who will turn 3 at the beginning of March. Before my stage IV diagnosis when my doc suggested I "spend as much time with family" as I could, I was an account supervisor for an ad agency in Louisville, KY. I handled a large portion of our GE Appliances account developing marketing and training materials and an internal sales training website for them. I loved it, but it was extremely stressful, and i worked a ton of hours. I believe some blessings have come from this last year's journey in that I've been able to spend so much time with my family, especially my kiddos. I've been on LTD and social security disability. The agency I worked for, however, is fabulous. They have stocked our pantry with carloads of food, diapers, toilet paper, paper towels, etc., several times over the last year, raised funds to help with medical costs several times, and they run a care calendar where someone brings my family dinner every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (primarily coworkers who participate), and they've kept this up for over a year! They are amazing people, and I can't help but feel thanks fo how blessed I am by coworkers, friends, and family.
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #190
NEDenise

Hi All!
What a great idea! I'm so glad this got bumped back up! I've often wondered what some of my HER2 friends do when they're not fighting the cancer beasties.

I am married to my high school sweetheart and very best friend. We've been a couple for 31 years...married for nearly 24 years. We have two wonderful sons, Jack 14, and Ben 13.

I have been a teacher for 26 years, and have taught every grade from preschool to 8th grade, except for 1st grade. The responsibility of teaching children the basics of reading...easily the most important thing they'll learn in school...has struck fear in my heart, and caused me never to venture into a first grade classroom. I was teaching 4th grade when I was diagnosed.

It's been exactly one year today since I left my classroom to go to the surgeon's office and get my pathology results. At first, I was anxious to get back to school. Then, I was too sick to consider going back. Now, I'm trying not to go back until the fall. I miss the kids, and I miss teaching. I miss my fellow teachers and staff members. I don't miss the paperwork....the testing...or my miserable principal. (I've been "sick" for an entire year now, and I'm still waiting for my first get well wish from her!) There are 5 other schools in the district...and I'm hoping that when I go back, I'll be assigned to one of them!

Anyway...my husband is an architect. He plays the trumpet, as does our son Jack. Ben, the younger boy, plays violin and French Horn. All three play in the wind ensemble at our church. (I would love to say that I play the piano...but alas...I do not.)

Our favorite thing to do together is laugh. We do an awful lot of it. We tend toward sarcasm, but not at the expense of anyone's feelings. For me, laughter really is the best medicine, and it's been a blessing to me during this whole BC ordeal.

We have a Norwegian Elkhound, Molly, whom we refer to as being pampered. (as opposed to being spoiled)

My hobbies are reading, crocheting, and chocolate. Not necessarily in that order. To say I love to exercise would be a lie...and my mother told me not to lie...but I can say that I love the idea of exercise. I often comtemplate it quite seriously. I've even had dreams about it...but so far...my motivation to do it while I'm awake is spotty at best.

Well...now you know a little about me...
If you're reading this and you haven't posted your "non-BC self" yet...

What are ya waitin' for!? We're dying to get to know you better too!

Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #191
KsGal

Well, my name is Jody, and I live in a small town in Kansas. I spent 15 years being a medical transcriptionist, specializing ironically in oncology and hematology. About 1-1/2 years ago I decided to take a part time job outside of the house. I had spent those 15 years working at home and raising my kids, which was such a wonderful blessing for all of us really, but felt it was time to get out and do a little now that my kids were about grown. That grew pretty quickly into me getting promoted and becoming a full time assistant manager in a restaurant/dairy store a block from my home. I love the people I work with, but the job is major stressful and pretty physical as well. I'm 43 now, and my youngest son and daughter still live at home, so I spend a lot of time with them. Right now I am in a holding pattern until I get this first set of therapies out of the way, but being diagnosed has really changed the way I feel about things. Im moving back to where I came from in a couple months, and kind of starting over the way again the way I wanted to do things in the first place. I probably wouldn't have had the motivation to do it before, but it comes easily now. Im pretty excited about what the future holds a few months down the road after the move, and spending time with family and friends that I have not been able to for years now.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #192
NEDenise

Jody,
Your move sounds exciting! I hope all your "starting over" dreams come true!
Denise
11/11 radiation x28
7/10/12 last Herceptin
8/23/12 Back to work
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
Old 02-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #193
Becky

I just looked at my post on this that was over 6 years ago. So much has changed! I did move and I am still in my "new" house - now here 6 years.

My daughter Robin is now 25. She ended up getting a BA from Rutgers in English and then went to Le Cordon Bleu and got a culinary degree. She is currently a sous chef in Manhattan and is getting married on May 26, 2012 (so we are very busy). Leigh (23) also finished college and has a degree in Baking and Pastry arts from Johnson & Wales University. She's worked in kitchens but recently saw an ad for a nanny who cooks. Her employers are a Princeton professor and a Gastro Surgeon. So she cares for their babies (2yrs and newborn) and prepares dinner as well as department events for their work and dinner parties (she adores this job). My youngest, Cara (20) goes to community college and works full time for the ARC (she is a care giver in a home for mentally disabled women. The home is a house just like any of ours). There are 6 women in the house. It is a hard job but she loves it. I am hoping it encourages her to get a nursing degree.

My husband now works for Rolls Royce (the turbine division not the cars). I am still at BASF but I DID get a sales job. I am in the Distribution group and I sell 6 (out of 13) divisions products only to BASF distributors. It is hundreds of products and veried. It is fast paced - sometimes almost crazy but it is what I wanted and it was weird to read my post on this thread from 6 years ago and wha la - I am actually doing what I said I wanted to do (even though I would still like to get into a business group and just do one line of products). However, life is a million baby steps. We still have our dog Chloe and our cat, Oil. We do not breed horses anymore but still have one at our home and one sport horse that is boarded (Cara is an avid equestrian and rides and shows).

I thought it would be good to update myself so I did.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #194
KsGal

My gosh, Becky, you must be so proud of your children! I totally want to be at your home for the holidays..so many wonderful cooks!
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #195
NEDenise

Hey!
Anyone else want to share?
11/11 radiation x28
7/10/12 last Herceptin
8/23/12 Back to work
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #196
Marlys

I noticed that Paula mentioned that she was a R.N. and decided it was time to bring this thread forward so we could get to know more about each other besides our boobies. Paula, there are a number of us who are nurses. Almost makes you wonder if breast cancer is like MRSA!
Love & hugs,
Marlys
Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #197
Jeanette

Where do I start, I am originally from Scotland. Met my husband there when he was in the Navy. Been married for 50 years, oh my how the time flies. We have six children, 16 Grands and 8 great grands. Love them all to death. I was fortunate to be able to stay at home with my children, had to sleep sometime, so having a job was out of the question until all the children were in school. Worked at a Fiber Optic company for 14 years , then moved to Nebraska. never get fed up of traveling.We now live in Florida, winters were too harsh for my husband.
We love to cruise, and are going again in November.
Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #198
Marlys

Forward again. Just saw the new thread and thought you might like to hear about some of us old "timers". (Ain't it great that we have Old Timers?)
Love & Hugs
Marlys
Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #199
MJo

It's been 7 years since my diagnosis November 1, 2005. I am still a fundraiser/grant proposal writer for an organization that assists Latino immigrants and neighborhood children in my small city of Wilmington, DE. I am not married. (Maybe I should put marriage on my bucket list). I don't have children or pets.

I'm trying weight watchers for the umpteenth time and have started line dancing as exercise (3 activity points for 60 minutes). My brain gets jammed and my feet lock up on the more complicated steps. I blame it on chemo, not clumsiness LOL.

Cancer still dances around the edge of my life. My good friend at work is fighting pancreatic cancer. I'm going to a benefit this weekend for the owner of a bar where my brother plays music. The owner is fighting lung cancer. But new treatments are working. I'm hopeful we'll see a cure in our lifetimes.

Happy Holidays to all....

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote