HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 11-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
PinkGirl

Smile Mississippi Tip Pics

Attachment 159

Attachment 160

Attachment 161

Believe it or not Faux, I have never seen how cotton grows.
I had no idea it was a white blob on a tree. I've lived
a sheltered life

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-29-2008 at 07:33 AM..
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
PinkGirl

Smile the pictures

Faux,
Your pictures are the same as Becky's. I didn't have to do anything to them. I was just able to upload them and post them. I don't know why I get them compressed and small enough to post.

So send more if you like. It just takes me a second to post them (not like Andi's )

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Unhappy

You know I really really tried to compress my pics of Tip.

Beck and Kate can you send me a PM or email explaining what you did so I can learn? I'd really like that. I feel so inept. If it can be done, I aim to make it happen. I never give up. And never give in.

And I am still sorry Pinkie, that I wasn't more cooperative. I fail at photography but I swear I have lots of endearing qualities...

Sent with LOVE if that counts for anything...
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
fauxgypsy

I take them and run them through Polaroid Photomax and reduce the numer of pixels keeping the same proportion. I think in this program it is called resampling. It can also be determined by the image size and quality that you set on your digital camera, as well. I set mine on a higher quality and a larger picture size if I am photographing artwork than I do for just fun stuff. Cotton plants average between waist and shoulder high in Mississippi although I have seen them higher than my head. Hence the saying, walking in high cotton. Which, if you own the cotton, is a good thing. Here, they are annuals because of our climate but I am told that in the tropics they can get very large. I will send a picture of Tiptoe with a cotton bale. This is cotton that has been compressed after it is picked before it goes to the gin to be processed.

Leslie
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
PinkGirl

Smile Mississippi Tip

More pics from Faux. The kitty is Franklin.

Attachment 175

Attachment 176

Attachment 177

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-29-2008 at 07:32 AM..
Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking Awwww

GREAT LESLIE. THANKS FOR SHARING. ISN'T IT INTERESTING HOW ANIMALS (OUR BELOVED DOGS AND CATS) ARE SO SWEETLY CURIOUS ABOUT LITTLE TIPTOE. NOT SCARED. SNIFFING. READY TO PLAY.

AS AN ASIDE (WHICH I AM SURELY PRON TO) -- I DO HAVE STUFFED ANIMALS FOR MY PETS, IN ADDITION TO REGULAR DOG TOYS. FROGGY LIVED AFTER JEZEBEL DIED AND I GAVE HIM (HER FAV) TO MY DAUGHTER'S DOG, DIBS. I TESTED HIS ARMS AND LEGS IN THE STORE, SECRETLY PULLING ON THEM REALLY REALLY HARD TO MAKE SURE HE WAS NO WIMP. BECAUSE THERE'D BEEN THE CUTE LITTLE PANDA THAT BECAME DESTUFFED AND WAS LATER JUST PANDA HEAD...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote