HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 AM   #21
newgg

Hang in there

Can not add much to those that have already shared with you....Janet listed much of what I found that I had to do to control things. Diarrhea, constipation, bad taste ( lemon drops during infusion) taste buds ( got hung up on chocolate shakes, mashed potatoes, pineapple)....most of all...talk to those oncology nurses .....the experienced ones can help.....and take the meds before you have a nausa problem. Did have to reduce my steroids...those highs and lows were a bit much. Hang in there....herceptin will be a breeze after this !! FIGHT !! Think Warrior Woman !! Swing the huge laser sword at the beast and beat it down !!
We all are swinging and slashing it down with you!!
Hugs, Bonnie
newgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #22
TriciaK

Hi Tricia! There are three of us now named "Tricia", one in Ireland , me in St George, Utah, and now you in California. I am the oldest at 77 and have been fighting BC for 21 years. My heart goes out to you with all you are going through. I can help with self-hypnosis ideas as I have used hypnosis or guided imagry extensively with my own cancer fight, as well as helping others in my counseling practice. I know these techniques and positive thinking can make a big difference in your battle with BC. You sound like a fighter, another of our "Amazon Warriors" . I am so glad you have found this website. It will be such a blessing to you, as it has to all of us. When we say we are praying for you it isn't just idle talk. There is so much love and caring here, as well as true understanding. I will be watching for your posts and wishing you well! This is not a fun club but we have all grown tremendously with all we have been through together. Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote