HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
lindaw

Hi All
Does anyone having carboplatin experience headaches. I am trying to figure out if it is the carbo or the cold my husband has - or something more. It seems to have made me really tires as well.
love
linda
Old 04-26-2005, 03:53 AM   #2
madubois63

Every once in a while, not too often, I get a throbbing in my left temple. Of course, I get canceritis and my mind assumes I have mets to the brain or I am going to have any anyuerism. I am sure it is just all the meds, stress and fatigue since all my test are good...

Carboplatin SIDE EFFECTS:
Nausea and vomiting may be severe in about 1/3 of all patients but usually subsides within 24 hours of treatment. Medication may be given prior to therapy to help reduce this effect. Pain, diarrhea, constipation, frequent headaches, change in taste, or hair loss may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, inform your doctor.

Tell your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: mouth sores, unusual bruising or bleeding, weakness, skin rash, flu-like symptoms (e.g., chills, fever, weakness), loss of appetite, breathing trouble, a rapid pounding or irregular heartbeat, tingling of the hands or feet, tremors.

An allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing.

If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist

Herceptin SIDE EFFECTS:
Diarrhea may occur. If this effect persists or worsens, notify your doctor promptly.

Report promptly: trouble sleeping, increased coughing, swelling of the hands or feet, bone or joint pain, persistent sore throat, unusual fatigue, pain/redness at the injection site, nausea/vomiting, dizziness, headache.

Unlikely but report promptly: tingling hands or feet.

This medication can lower the body's ability to fight an infection. Notify your doctor promptly if you develop any signs of an infections such as fever, chills or persistent sore throat.

In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this drug, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing. Symptoms may occur while the drug is being given; in these cases the drug infusion must be stopped.

If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
lindaw

Thanks heaps - it is a week today and I am starting to feel better and the headaches have subsided.
love
lindaw