HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
Unregistered

Question Partial and complete regression of breast cancer ... in relation to dosage of Q10

Please see also Becky's post below.

There is quite a lot about Q10 on NCBI and the web. What is being suggested by this trial in very significant. I have tried to find follow up trials without much luck.

I have also read a short book on the topic, and started taking Q 10 inconsequence.

It seems to be manifactured by several parties which is always reassuring as it means it is not one manifacturer plugging its product.

This link is also interesting.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2005/...t_coq10_01.htm

My recollection is that side effects were limited but you should check that out for yourself. It is not cheap but I suppose it is relative.

Can anybody add to the body of wisdom - if Q10 is so potent why have there not been more trials - no money in it ? - where are you governements of the world ?.

1: Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994 Mar 30;199(3):1504-8. Related Articles, Links
Click here to read
Partial and complete regression of breast cancer in patients in relation to dosage of coenzyme Q10.

Lockwood K, Moesgaard S, Folkers K.

Pharma Nord, Vejle, Denmark.

Relationships of nutrition and vitamins to the genesis and prevention of cancer are increasingly evident. In a clinical protocol, 32 patients having -"high-risk"- breast cancer were treated with antioxidants, fatty acids, and 90 mg. of CoQ10. Six of the 32 patients showed partial tumor regression. In one of these 6 cases, the dosage of CoQ10 was increased to 390 mg. In one month, the tumor was no longer palpable and in another month, mammography confirmed the absence of tumor. Encouraged, another case having a verified breast tumor, after non-radical surgery and with verified residual tumor in the tumor bed was then treated with 300 mg. CoQ10. After 3 months, the patient was in excellent clinical condition and there was no residual tumor tissue. The bioenergetic activity of CoQ10, expressed as hematological or immunological activity, may be the dominant but not the sole molecular mechanism causing the regression of breast cancer.

Publication Types:

* Case Reports
* Clinical Trial

PMID: 7908519 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]