HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
theresaw

Red face Tired all the time...

Hi Sisters,
I don't know how to feel. I am tired all the time even tho' I take vitamins daily, get enough rest. The last time I felt like this was a little over a yr ago when I discovered I had b/c. I don't see my onc until feb. Any advise, should I call my onc and let her know how I am feeling. I am trying not to worry but sometimes I can't help it. I do my self exam regularly can't feel anything. I am not on herceptin or anything anymore. This started like a month ago, when I had my first period in 1 1/2yr. Then no period again. I thought maybe I was preg. took a hpt and came back neg. So I don't know what to think..HELP!
theresaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
rinaina

Perhaps a trip to the doctor is in order if nothing else, to get peace of mind. I know after I completed treatment, I was still experiencing fatigue for quite a while. Doesn't hurt to make an appointment with your primary care physician though. Keep us posted.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Janelle

Maybe you are anemic....Maybe your period pushed you into an anemic condition. I hope you regain your energy soon!
vascular invasion
multifocal disease
Lumpectomy November, 2006
A/C every 3 weeks (started Jan., 2007 and finished March 2007); followed weekly Taxol (finished June 2007) concurrent with Herceptin (finished March 2008);
Bilateral Mast with immediate recon in Sept 2007; finished recon Dec. 2007
Started 5 years of tamoxifen Nov. 2007; started peptide vaccine clinical trial at MD Anderson October 2008 and finished active part of trial in April 2009 (monthly injections of AE37 peptitde (HLA type specific) with GM-CSF or GM-CSF alone depending on if I was in experimental or control group); started Zometa infusions June 25, 2009- 4mg every 6 months for 3 years (taking it "off-label" to try to prevent mets)
Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Theresaw

When was your last comprehensive blood test? If it's been 3 mnths, I'd ask if I could come in for that at the very least. See if all the #s are as they were. No other symptoms but extreme fatigue sounds normal. Though you say that exhaustion has only been for a month or so. Your hormones are apparently all over the place, w/a pd and then none, which can be draining. Start w/bld and maybe move your doc appt up. Call tmrrw. Let us know what onc says. Stay calm. Breathe. I know. Really hard. Until you know there is something to worry about, just be vigilant and positive. Know you are doing your best to keep on top of it. Good for you for being in touch with your body. May just be the result of menstrual woes. Hold that thought.
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Lolly

It's always wise to bring any unusual symptons to your onc's attention. Tiredness can be a hallmark of other things going on also, such as winter doldrums, anemia as mentioned above, maybe you're fighting off a virus which can sometimes bring on that tired feeling. But it's definitely something I would take to my onc.

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote