HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
Tom

Thumbs up Great Article on Preventing Metastasis

http://www.lef.org/news/LefDailyNews...ction=VITAMINS

Dr. Rath Discovers Natural Control of Metastasis, Mainstream Science Still Mystified

PR Newswire

08-31-06

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug 30, 2006 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- According to Aleksandra Niedzwiecki, Ph.D., CEO and Director of Research at the Dr. Rath Research Institute, the solution to the "mystery of metastasis" mentioned in the New York Times article published August 15, 2006 was found more than a decade ago, and has since been confirmed in a series of scientific studies.

The New York Times article has brought attention to the fact that while 90% of cancer deaths occur from its metastasis to vital sites in the body, only a small fraction of research efforts has been dedicated to solve this problem. According to Dr. Danny Welch, professor of pathology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, "Under 100 people in the world [have] labs [that] focus on understanding more about how metastasis works."

This article however, fails to report about impressive research results that prove that cancer metastasis can be curbed by a combination of natural substances (Lysine/ Proline/ Vitamin C/ EGCG), acting through several mechanisms. This nutrient synergy has demonstrated an ability to stop the activity of enzymes that cancer cells use in order to spread through the body, and has been shown to curb metastasis in vivo. The effectiveness of this natural approach has been documented in almost three dozen cancer cell types. These results prove Dr. Rath's concept that cancer metastasis can be stopped through the "tumor encapsulation" effect achieved by enhancing natural mechanisms already operating in the body. The results of this approach have been published by researchers at the Dr. Rath Institute in over 20 scientific papers, and they have been presented at numerous scientific and medical conferences as well. To date, Dr. Rath has developed the only natural, safe, and effective scientifically proven approach to control metastasis.

These studies, together with the last year's publication of a study conducted at the National Institute of Health (NIH) confirming the mechanism by which Vitamin C kills cancer cells, provide further documentation that the control of cancer is possible by using natural components devoid of devastating side effects. Overall, there are many well-documented examples of the success of these natural approaches in cancer patients.

Dr. Niedzwiecki concludes, "Our research with non-patentable compounds has to overcome many obstacles that are not present when patentable, and therefore profitable, options are being studied. This is unfortunate for millions of cancer patients and it urgently calls for restructuring the priorities of medical research, and orienting it towards curing diseases instead of maximizing company profits and shareholder value."

Bryan Tallman

Dr. Rath Research Institute

1260 Memorex Drive

Santa Clara, CA 95050

Phone: 408-567-5059

b.tallman@drrath.com

SOURCE Dr. Rath Research Institute

CONTACT: Bryan Tallman of Dr. Rath Research Institute, +1-408-567-5059, or

b.tallman@drrath.com

Last edited by Tom; 08-31-2006 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: text failed to embed
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
RobinP

Wink

Linus Pauling coined vitC useful for the common cold. Now look how far vitC has come, being advocated for cancer, truly amazing. Pour on the vit C.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
heblaj01

Tom,

If the author of the research is Matthias Rath I would be circumspect even if he might be right in this perticular case.
A google search with the words RATH QUACKWATCH will bring out a number of unsavory stories including criminal charges in Germany a country that is usually lenient towards alternative medicine.
heblaj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
Tom

Duly noted

Hi Heblaj,

I am very familiar with what you are saying. As a matter of fact, I almost blew off the article without reading it when I saw which (witch?) doctor they were referring to in the text. But, since it was posted on the Life Extension website news, I decided to read further. I was surprised and relieved to see that the results seemed to be backed up by researchers with more favorable reputations.

I have read much of what Matthias Rath has written over the years, and found his attitude sort of quirky, if not downright kooky. He reminds me of the type of guy they stick in a labcoat and plaster on the front of a penis enlargement brochure...lol. Some of the photos of him I have seen invoke visions of Dr. Frankenstein.

I simply found this article a little more genuine than most that concern him. I'm sure many of his theories will be either proved or dismissed in the years to come, but I like to read everything I can to provoke thought about the therapies if nothing else. Thanks for the caveat.

Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #5
tousled1

Tom, Love your description -- sure made me laugh. You have such a great sense of humor and it comes through in your posts.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote