HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
Montana

Fish oil

Fish oil 'aids weight loss' without diet

RAYMOND HAINEY
FISH oil can help people to lose weight without dieting, according to new research.

Scientists said that fish oil containing Omega 3 fatty acids, plus a little exercise, helped overweight people to shed pounds - even if their diet remained unchanged.

Researcher Alison Hill said: "We were very surprised to see it was so effective, especially since these people were still eating whatever they wanted."

The Australian team fed daily fish-oil doses to obese people and told them to take moderate exercise.

Another group was given sunflower oil and told to take the same 45-minute walk or run three times a week. Other test subjects received either fish oil or sunflower oil, but took no exercise.

The study found that those who took the doses of fish oil and exercised lost an average of 2kg (4.5lb) over a three- month period. The other groups, including the one which took sunflower oil, which does not contain Omega 3, lost no weight.

Ms Hill said: "The Omega 3 increases fat-burning ability by improving the flow of blood to muscles."
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
janet/FL

Now that is good news! Chocotate cake, fish oil, and a 45 minute walk--heah, might work for me!
Wonder what the amount of fish oil was given?
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 AM   #3
angelwings

yeah i agree with the fact the omega3 helps a lot in loting weightand is so much more beneficial to the body. i have been altering my own diet to include more omega3 in it.
angelwings is offline   Reply With Quote