HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Emelie B

So thoughtful,

But of course it comes as no surprise that Sheila is once again, thinking of others. You blow me away. It is strange too, because you have been on my mind lately. I have read of your setbacks and I am so sorry all these road blocks keep recurring.

On the other side I am so happy for those of you who have found a treatment that is working and looking forward to more coming down the pipeline. Just hurry up, already!!

I am doing really well, considering I have just about made it thru that famous 6th month mark and am looking at #7. See, they’re just numbers and you can’t pin anything on them.

I have to say that other than the chipmunk cheeks and chin, most people have not a clue that I am ill. Fine with me, except when I get those looks from people when I get out of my car with the handicap sticker. “Well, she doesn’t look handicapped to me.” Know what I mean?

I have such a great support group; they are really, really nice people. They come once a week and we check all my meds, my pain levels at different times of the day/night, my appetite, (I can always eat) and anything else I need help with.
I take 100 milligrams of morphine 3 times a day and the liquid kind for fast acting any time the pain is really bad and it is not time for my 100 mg. I also take dexamethasone and lorazepam to complete my med cocktail. Oh, and Ibuprofen helps too. Who knew? I chart each day what and when because that is the only way I can stay on schedule. I never said I could remember anything anymore. There are Post-it’s all over my house!

So, combined with lovely lunches and dinners with Lori R., who is my hero for going into the trial at the University of Colo. re-decorating the guest bedroom and my husband’s office, keeping my garden in shape and starting to put it to bed for winter, I am a busy lady.

If I make this sound like a walk in the park, it is not. It is however; a lot easier to manage than I first thought, and I now have a new number on my pain scale. It is right up there with giving birth to my son who weighed 9lbs 12oz. It hurt a lot; this is just a different kind of hurt.

I still am so grateful that I gave myself, my family and my friends some quality time to share. No regrets ladies, no regrets.

Enjoy the beautiful fall weather everyone and thank you again for thinking of me Sheila, you are a remarkable women.

Best regards to all,
Emelie

March 2007-MRM with 8 of 14 lymph node involvement
May 2007-36 Rads
Sept. 2007- Stopped Herceptin
Jan. 2010- CT scan shows enlarged lymph nodes in sternum and lung involvement
Feb. 2010-PET scan shows mets to liver, lung, lymph nodes and bone
Feb. 2010- Started Herceptin/Taxol and Zometa
April 2010-PET scan clear. Herceptin and Zometa
June 2010- Stopped Herceptin continue Zometa and still NED
August 2010-Back on Herceptin and Zometa every 3 weeks
August 13, 2010- Had another port placed
August 24, 2010- PET scan clear. Herceptin and Zometa every three weeks
Nov. 2010-PET scan clear
Feb. 2011-Brain MRI clear
March 2011- PET scan clear
May 2011- PET scan clear
Sept. 2011- PET, Mammo, Bone Scan all clear- Herceptin only
March 2012-Recurrence in lungs and tumor around pota hepatis artery. Added Navelbine to herceptin
April 2012- Entered palliative care
June 5, 2012-Entered hospice care
Planning my memorial
Emelie B is offline   Reply With Quote