HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #21
Berta

Sandy: I agree with you. Don't let the response bother you. Someone probably just having a bad day. We all know that anger can be a reaction to this disease and sometimes it come out toward others. I would hate it if you or Ronda left.

BERTA
Berta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:33 PM   #22
Jean

Very sad

Dear Sandy and Rhonda,
I was very upset to read the reply that Sandy received. I have always enjoyed her warm and informative posts which are full of care and support.

Rhonda if we loose you from this site I would be VERY UPSET so please do not think that way.....your are a VERY important person to me.

I will say that in the time I have been on this site I have gained so much courage - knowledge - and support. I had a very unusual situation with my dx. and needed all the information I could gather in order to help myself.

I must say that the wonderful ladies on this site were extremely valuable to me and also (and this is the best part) helped me to help others in my OWN way.

But I must admist that lately there has been some comments that have been a bit biting and hurtful and I can't help but notice that it has a pattern and I truly hope that the persons who are applying this tone would re-consider and remember that we have some very strong women here who are FIGHTING
a very strong disease - so back off and try to rememeber we are not here to judge but to share and to assist is to assit with unconditional support - we could do without any additional pain and personal comments which are attacking another memember who by the way is fighting the battle of their life. I do not only mean the lady who responded to Sandy.
I have noticed after a scolding and belittling reply that one of our wonderful members has backed off and I do not see her on the site anymore....wonder why? I did not reply and had wanted to at the time and know I feel guilty that I did not do so - because that talented lady is not active on the site. I felt her pain in her reply to the sender. Everyone has something wonderful to contribute - but noone is top dog on this site and I have noticed in particular one person who does lash out when she is challlenged......it does not belong here.

Sandy I do agree with you and I do not think for a moment that you were rude....to the contrary - you have always displayed a loving nature on the site. (You too Rhonda)

Joe had requested back when that we must register and his reasons are clear
enough said.....Rhonda and Sandy I love you and appreciate you ever so much!

Fondly,
Jean

Last edited by Jean; 07-29-2006 at 02:08 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #23
jag

hello..

sandy you said or did nothing to deserve the kind of reply you got from aquinus..all you ladies are inspirations...i learn so much about her2 from all of you...thank you all and God Bless you all...
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #24
sarah

I also like names. I can understand some people's hesitation at first to use their name or even a fake name but this site seems to be a site where everyone trusts each other and bares their souls, their worries, their sorrow and seeks important, real advice. We are all very vulnerable and sick or we wouldn't be talking on this site. The posts I mainly see are very supportive and informative and I hope they will stay that way because it would be tragic if we lose good people because of unpleasantness. Speaking for myself, I've been helped a lot on this site and I'm sure I've sometimes asked stupid, obvious questions but I have always received serious and kind replies and I appreciate that greatly. I am upset to read that there have been more than a few instances of nasty comments on the site because I've seen other sites (luckily not health oriented) descend into chaos because of tiffs between members. This site is far too important. And yes, I've noticed some names are no longer posting and I've wondered why. When we disagree, let's remember to put on the kid gloves!
Let's all just concentrate on getting and staying healthy!
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #25
madubois63

The one bad thing about the internet is that true sentiment does not come through. You can't see the smile or frown behind the words. It is easy to read the words and become defensive even when no ill will was meant. I JUST got a ton of e-mail about an astrinomical event that is happening on August 27. I kept getting the same e-mail over and over, and I was getting really tired of it for 2 reasons...first, repeat e-mails and second - it already happened 3 years ago. I very nicely (or so I thought) replied to all and asked that I be removed from the bulk mailing list. Several people including the original sender jumped ugly on me, and it really surprised me. I have to agree with Sandy - a name is nice...Maryann
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #26
Kaye

There were times when I have been registered where:
--I have had a hard time signing in or wrote a post and forgot to sign in first. When that occurred, I may have not initially intentionally posted 'unregistered.' It hasn't happened often but it does happen.
--And, I do see where it is beneficial for this group/Joe for posters to register but sometimes, for very personal reasons and in the name of increased security, one may sometimes wish to remain anonymous.
Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #27
Jean

Anyone can and is entitled to remain anonymous - by using another sign in name
rather than their true given name if they so wish. But to use no-name is not
what Joe intented for the site. This is not a huge request and has already been
established on this beautiful wonderful site....

Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #28
mamacze

Lightbulb

Sandy, you had a legitimate question that needed asking; as Joe so kindly pointed out.
And Aquinis, I have read your posts and see that you are a sensitive caring sister; perhaps you misread Sandy's intent ...
we all have some good to contribute; lets all keep focused on the good.
Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #29
sarah

Kim I agree totally with you. S
Sometimes an email seems harsher than intended or was written in haste.
stay strong and well, fighting cancer is the only fight we should be involved with.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote