HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Inflammatory Breast Cancer
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
pattyz

Red face Seven (plus) years out from Inflammatory; Four 1/2 w/brain mets....

My treatment consisted of: Surgery first, followed by 4 rnds of A/C. No rads.

The entire bottom half of my right breast was 'orange peel' - I had an additional two tumors, inside upper (3.8cm) and lower (1.9cm) quandrants, plus 6 nodes positive of 26.

Recurrance two plus yrs. later. Mediastinal nodes/spot on lung and pelvis. Brain mets dx'd just two mos. later.

Focalized rads for 16 brain mets in batches over course of 18 mos. Successful to treated areas.

Navelbine/Herceptin put body in NED after a few months. Stopped all treatment.

Third recurrance of brain mets treated with Xeloda/Temodar responding by shrinkage and stable to all new eight lesions. Still under X/T schedule coming up on two yrs.

Still NED in body, (knock wood) four 1/2 yrs out, with active/stable brain mets.

Feeling amazed and grateful,
yours truly, ;o)
pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
vickie h

Patty's remarkable journey

Patty, your email brought tears to my eyes. I am 3 years into constant treatment for IBC. NED, except for skin mets, for my last 2 PET scans, and I still am going to start a new treatment soon. Your messgae gives me alot of inspiration and hope. Thank you for sharing will all of us. You will be in my prayers as I go along my journey into territories you have already visited. Thank you so very much. Sending you lots of love and good positive thoughts, Vickie
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
SherriT

Pattyz you will never know how nice it was to read your post. In December 2005 I was given the diagnosis of IBC. I was so disheartened by just about everything I read regarding IBC that nothing makes me happier than to read a post like yours. While I've been lucky I have no mets, it seems to be a constant 'thought' on my mind. I receive my second-to-last Herceptin next week and the final Herceptin three weeks after that so I'm more apprehensive than ever as to what the future holds for me. Your post has given me more hope that I may have actually beaten this dreaded disease. I wish you nothing but the best for the long future ahead of you.
SherriT is offline   Reply With Quote