HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
Unregistered

Xeloda-Nausea & Headaches

My wife, Lisa, is currently taking her third cycle of Xeloda (two weeks on and one week off, 2500 mg per day) The first two cycles went fine, however she has developed a consistant nausea which comes over her in waves generally after she takes the Xeloda. In addition, over the past few days she has developed an on and off headache which appears to be a result of muscle stiffness in her neck. She has taken Zofran for the nausea, although it helps the nausea it also makes her headache worse.

Has anyone on Xeloda had this type of reaction, and if so, what did you do about it?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #2
energystar

I had a little nausea with xeloda when I took a higher dose.

I am back on a lower dose now, and am having no problems with nausea. I always take it with food, as they say to, and I keep well hydrated. If I feel any nausea I eat some yogurt, that helps to rebalance the friendly bacteria in my system.

Also I find acupuncture to be very helpful with side effects of chemo.
energystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
al from Canada

Dear Brian,

Considering the relativley low dose of xeloda your wife is on, she may just have a sensitivity to it, which may be a good thing as so may the cancer. Take with food, that may help.
Has Lisa has a brain MRI because if not, you may want to consider getting her one. The thing I would base this on is the headaches.

Good luck,
Al
Old 01-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
Unregistered

Brain MRI

Dear Al:

Lisa had a clean brain MRI in October. She had gamma knife in April on a 3mm tumor on the right side of her brain. Since then she has had two clean scans, one in July and one in October and the brain met had totally resolved by the July scan.

We believe that her headaches are from muscle tension in her neck, but we were wondering if anyone else had this experience.

Brian
Old 06-12-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
Unregistered

Re: Xeloda-Nausea & Headaches

I am tooking Xeloda from December and now is June. I started have pain and headeches staring May in the lower back side of may back. Anyone can help? I am very scared