HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
Patricia

Thank you everyone for your replies. I love that I can get advice/feedback from all of you so quickly. Luckily, the little 'node' on the back of my neck turned out to be a bite or pimple and has come onto the surface more now that time has passed. It really got me nervous to have the little one above my clavical that has been there and then to find the new one on the back of my neck. I am feeling much better now that I know I am back to the one that has not been changing size. I am off to my onc in 2 weeks so I am going to hold on until then and talk to him about it. Thanks again for all the concern and advice. As always, you gals are the best.

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
Unregistered

Unhappy something on the back of my neck

Hi everyone,

My name is Sandi. I live in upstate NY. As of last week I am a 3 year breast cancer survivor. In March of 2005 I was diagnosed with lobular carsinoma in situ, with resulted in a bilateral mastectomy and tram flap reconstruction. Ironically enough the only reason I was diagnosed was because I had a breast reduction and found out when I went to get my stitches out 10 days later.

Anyway, about a week ago I was putting my hair up when as I brushed my hand along the back of my head to smooth my hair I felt "something" You see the type of cancer I had I not a hard mass that could be felt so I didn't know what I was feeling. I decided to wait a few days before calling my oncologist. Well I went to see him yesterday, he didn't want to do anything just yet he wants me to come back in 3 weeks provided it is still there.
Needless to say I'm pretty nervous about the whole waiting thing.

If there is anyone who has a "something" on the back of their neck could you please write me and let me know things like where it was in relation to your hair line and what it felt like, if it hurt or not. I'd really appreciate it, I'm really trying to freak out!!!

Thanks
Sandi