HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
DianneS

Had to stop Tamoxifen

Well, I gave it the old college try for about 2 weeks and felt progressively crummy on the Tamoxifen. Spacey, achy, headaches and very tired. My husband said I looked ill. Today I didn't take the bloody pill and feel better already.

I am weakly ER positive and really had to rethink what a benefit of 4-6% meant. Was it worth feeling crummy for a year? If the weather report says '4-6% chance of rain', does it rain? My benefit, I think, would be nothing.

I am postmeno and had my ovaries taken out before the bc dx in 2008, so not much estrogen left.

I could not take Arimidex either. So, I will eat well, exercise, do my Che Gong and pray.

Anyone else quit Tamoxifen? Why? And how are you doing?

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
hutchibk

Re: Had to stop Tamoxifen

I didn't have to stop Tamox, but after a year of it my doc switched me to aromasin...

However, he has been talking about Faslodex too, as another option when it appears Tamox has stopped working. So, even though you didn't quit Tamox from it not working, I wonder if Faslodex might be an option for you in place of it? Worth the ask, I say.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Jackie07

I'm close to completing my '5' years of Tamoxifen. Not sure what my oncologist will recommend. I went behind his back and got a hysterectomy/oophorectomy scheduled early December. The surgeon agreed that it would cut down the 40% elevated risk for my getting ovarian cancer somewhere down the road. After my surgery in early December [Note: ended up getting it Jan. 14], I should start taking aromatese inhibitor (Arimadex or...)in January. Of course, I'll have to 'remind' my medical oncologist on that.

Basically, I think having been born premature caused me to have some genetic defect and immune deficiency that made me cancer prone. I think ever since my (life-long) brain tumor had been found, I should have gotten rid of anything that is not a 'vital' organ. I'm not being 'radical', instead, I'm trying to be rational.

Those doctors can not possibly fault me for not trusting them after they have 'goofed' again and again. And I will not accept the 'title' of a 'hypochondriac'. I just have had enough and don't want to play 'hide and seek' any more.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 09-02-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
DianneS

Hi hutchibk,

How did you initially feel on Tamoxifen? I felt just rotten and looked it, too. Would you take something so powerful if it only benefitted you a mere 4-6%? Now, if it was 20% or more, maybe. But really......what would you do?

I am beginning to wonder why I can't take Arimidex or Tamoxifen. I did the DNA test and am a normal metabolizer for Tam. I can't imagine feeling crummy for a year. But I felt nausea enough to make me head to ER while on Arimidex. And tired enough on Tam to make me quit, as well as periods when I felt really cold and weird. Hot flashes woke me up more than once. However I had an oophorectomy last year and it may be still remnants from that. I just don't know.......

Dianne
ER+ weakly positive
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
hutchibk

I felt pretty ok on it... hot flashes, leg cramps and my hands were stiff every morning when I woke up. But it was basically tolerable for me.

I have no discernible side effects from Aromasin...

Regarding nausea, did they tell you to take it with food? I believe that is the most effective way to avoid nausea when taking AIs.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
DianneS

Hello, Jackie,

I had a hysterectomy in 1998 and ooporectomy last year. Everything was benign. I hope you're having a laparoscopic hystero-oophorectomy. They are much less painful than having one's abdomen ripped open like I had for the ovaries because the cyst was the size of a golfball (benign) but we did not know it at time of surgery. I think you are wise to have surgery, altho I read that Tamoxifen has only a small risk of ovarian cancer. Why are you on it so long?

Sweetie, you are certainly NOT a hypochrondriac! Who called you that? Sounds like you're having some issues with your onc? I do suggest a 2nd opinion before surgery of any kind...wish I had done that but I live in a remote are where that's not possible.

Being your own advocate is a very good idea, you know your body better than anyone. I, too, am tired of being a guinea pig and taking medicine that no one can tell me if it's even going to work for me. Meanwhile the pharmacies make out like crazy.

Best of luck and a speedy recovery if you do the surgery in Dec.

Dianne
ER+ weakly positive
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
DianneS

Yes, they told me to take first the Arimidex with food and also when I began Tam it said take with food. I always took it with breakfast. Didn't help. With the Arimidex, the waves of nausea hit me all day for weeks. It was a real drag.

Dianne
ER+ weakly positive
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #8
hutchibk

Here's an idea... try taking it at night before bed with a glass of milk or a piece of toast? That way you might be able to sleep through a lot of the side effects. Or maybe you already tried that? That's what a lot of us have done who are on Tykerb... take it at bedtime and sleep through the nausea (as we are not supposed to take Tykerb with food.)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #9
DianneS

hutchibk, how are you feeling? I was reading your signature line and wondered how things went after your tx's in Oct?

Dianne
ER+ weakly positive
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
DianneS

hi again

It wasn't the nausea that got me with the Tamoxifen. It was the extreme fatigue that was making it hard for me to do anything. That was one side effect. My husband said I looked like, well, hell. It was like having the flu 24/7.

This, for a 4-6% so called 'benefit'???

Dianne
ER+ weakly positive
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
hutchibk

I am doing great. I am worn out from almost 50 days of radiation over the last 7 weeks, but I can't complain. It will go away in due time. Other than that, I am rocking right along, got great brain MRI results this week, things couldn't be better. I am lucky to have the most brilliant doctors in the world, in my opinion, of course.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #12
Laurel

Dianne,

I took Tamoxifen for 9 months and felt lousy just like you. When I was determined to be menopausal I insisted on switching to an A.I. My onc said most women have more s.e.'s with the A.I.'s, but I could certainly go with one if I wished. I am so glad I did, because that is when I seemed to come out of my fog! Additionally, my blood pressure fell back to normal. For me, Tamoxifen was no walk in the park. The Femara is definitely an improvement.

As an aside, you can look into DIM and Calcium D-glucarate to moderate your estrogen.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #13
Jackie07

Diane,

They are going to try the 'vaginal' route first. If it doesn't work, then they will try the other surgical methods. Because of my past brain surgeries, I couldn't tell too much about any menopausal symptoms I may have experienced. I think I'm going to be feeling 'lousy' just as I've been feeling my whole life. [Mind you, I 'd been' quite active and had been singing in the choir all my life till 2003...]

Note (7/14/2010):

I did end up with a laporal Abdominal Hysterectomy which worked out very well. Went home within 24 hours and took pain meds for just two days. The tiny stitches fell off pretty quickly and there're no complications.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
CN 3 GKRS 52301
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Last edited by Jackie07; 07-14-2010 at 02:59 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #14
Unregistered

Suicidal on Tamoxifen...... my girlfriend was diagnosed with stage 2- estrogen receptor postve breast cancer last summer at the age of 44. After 2 surgeries (they didn't clear the margins the first time), she went through several months of chemo followed by several weeks of radiation, and is now being prescribed 20 mg. tamoxifen daily. The drug is sending her screaming in to menopause. She can't sleep, can't think, wants to die, has panic attacks where her whole body shakes uncontrollably, cries all the time, has no energy, body aches, and is now saying she is going to take a vacation from life and get on a plane and go somewhere by herself. After arguing with the doctors, they finally agreed to cut the tamoxifen to 10 mg. and titrate up once she is stable, but she seems to be wors on 10 mg.!!! I just read that tamoxifen withdrawal can also mimic menopause because it has an estrogen-like effect. She has been prescribed anti-depressants and absolutely refuses..... will not take them, would rather be devistatingly miserable!!! Does the tamoxifen really only lessen your chance of recurrence by 4-6%? I don't know what to do for her anymore and I'm very afraid for her.It is so scary to think of quitting a drug like that if it will keep the cancer from coming back. On the other hand, she is not living a life worth living right now. I am beginning to fear that she is too emotionally unstable and don't know how to help her. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #15
Rich66

Since there was recent info that generic Tamoxifen might have more side effects, is it true that everyone in this thread is Talking about non-generic Tamoxifen?

If you wind up with no "conventional" treatment to take, consider high dose/high quality green tea supplements and Vitamin D.

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
Carol.hope

Dianne and others,
Yes, we are the customers, and we know our bodies. We get to choose whether or not to take a drug that has a 4-6% chance of helping us! Read Dr. Susan's Love's Breast Book. (I was just quoting her on another thread). She reminds us it's OUR choice!

And remember, too, that these benefits are statisical benefits, relating to a population, not to a person. That means, if a drug has a 6% benefit, that 94% of people taking them are NOT benefitting from them (but still paying the same $ to the drug industry and dealing with the side effects).

I take DIM with green tea and cucurmin (from a Naturopath), which also reduces the estradiol. No side effects. A urine test can tell you if it's working. If you want my ND's contact info, she may or may not help you via telephone.

Dianne, I refused Tamoxifen and AI's from the beginning. I think the oncs only let me get away with it because I had a tia (blood clot) years ago, and that's a possible side effect of Tamoxifen. You are not being crazy. You are listening to you body!

dx June '05 at age 55
Stage 1, 1.5cm
ER+++, PR--, HER2+++
Lumpectomy, A/C, T/H
Herceptin stopped due to low LVEF (35%)
2010: NED, but continuing major chemo brain injury
www.BeyondChemoBrain.com
Carol.hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #17
Jackie07

Statistically, the recurrence rate for those who have taken Tamoxifen is half of those who did not take Tamoxifen. So if 15 patients out of 100 non-Tamoxifen user recur in the 5 year follow-up, there will only be 7.5 Tamoxifen user experience recurrence. That's why they claim Tamoxifen cut the recurrence rate by half.

It doesn't sound much. But when you use 100,000 patient as the sample, then we are talking about 15000 vs. 7500, a very significant drop.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
CN 3 GKRS 52301
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
DEXA 1/13

Last edited by Jackie07; 09-02-2010 at 07:58 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #18
Jackie07

Retrieved this thread because of a new development today.

[Unregistered: How's your girl friend been doing? I would think her reaction was more related to the chemopause caused by chemo instead of Tamoxifen. The reactions you had described sounded more like menopausal symptoms.]

I had a good chat with my oncologist during my 3-month follow-up Monday afternoon. Showed him a couple of (English) articles written by two doctors of a college alumni association based in Southern California (one is about 'Earthing' and the other about 'Dietary fiber'). There's also a Chinese article written by myself about my cancer journey. The oncologist's name was shown in English, but he had no idea what was said about him in my article

Unexpectedly I found a letter in my mailbox today. Inside of the envelope was a prescription of Tamoxifen and a sticky note from my oncologist: "Wanted to be sure you are taking your Tamoxifen."

This is beyond 'weird'. I started taking Tamoxifen in summer 2004, almost 6 months after stopping chemotherapy. Several doctors I saw before summer had mentioned about my starting Tamoxifen. I thought they were crazy because my oncologist had told me at the very beginning that my cancer was 'not' hormone sensitive and could not use Tamoxifen. [It was written in my notebook - I did take good notes.] After I contacted my oncologist's office, I was then given the prescription and I took it until we found the recurrence in 2007.

The first thing my oncologist told me to do when he learned about my recurrence was to stop Tamoxifen. [Because of possible 'blood clot' during surgery?] After chemotherapy I bugged them about Tamoxifen again and started taking it again until I quit taking it this spring after my prophylactic hysterectomy/oophorectomy. I contacted the oncology nurse and told her it's about 5 years and I should be able to stop taking Tamoxifen and start Aromatase Inhibitor. She checked with my oncologist and told me that I could stop taking it because my recurrence was not hormone sensitive to begin with.

Now my oncologist wanted to make sure that I take my Tamoxifen?

Right away I did some search and found one possible reason:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/tamoxifen
Under 2. How does Tamoxifen work:
Although tamoxifen acts against the effects of estrogen in breast tissue, it acts like estrogen in other tissue. This means that women who take tamoxifen may derive many of the beneficial effects of menopausal estrogen replacement therapy, such as a decreased risk of osteoporosis.

This is quite interesting because I always thought Tamoxifen causes 'less' osteoporosis when compared to AI. I'd never have figured that it actually decreases the risk of osteoporosis.

Another possible reason is that he realized I had not taken 5 years Tamoxifen in a row. I'd only taken it a little more than two years since my recurrence. Since I've already had hysterectomy, I don't have to be worried about the side effect of possible endometrial cancer and uterine cancer.

Guess I'll be a good patient this time - I'm just going to fill the prescription and start taking it without calling his office and asking questions... (perhaps that's why he'd mailed the letter near the end of the week.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
CN 3 GKRS 52301
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
DEXA 1/13

Last edited by Jackie07; 09-03-2010 at 07:24 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #19
Debra

Dianne -
Just curious as to why you were on tamoxifin if you were post-menopausal?? Perhaps I am missing something but I understand that to be the standard for pre-menopausal women.
I do agree with you about weighing the factors being low est-positive. I am in that catagory too but have had a total hyst. so am on aromasin. Often wonder if I should be??

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #20
medicare

You should call your Doctor, and ask if they could call in a prescription to a local pharmacy where you are. Just have the local pharmacy prescription phone number, PLUS have their FAX number available (in case) when you call your Doctor's office. Don't forget to ask if the pharmacy takes your insurance, first. Good Luck.
medicare is offline   Reply With Quote