HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 08-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
harrie

My joy up and com'n will be putting together my Office Max computer furniture for my up and coming renovations for my computer room! I am so excited I can't wait!!! Monday is the laminate wood flooring....then comes the computer furniture and amoire, and then the new vertical blinds! The furniture is glass and black legs called the Sharper Image style. So in the corner I found this floor lamp with 3 different colored light fixtures coming out to put in the corner. The room will look totally different!!
( I wish we had an Ikea in our town!)
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Donna

my joy(?) today

Hi Amazing Group,

It will be with mixed joy and sorrow that I watch a tribute to my son today - he will be leaving his theater company to find fame and fortune in L.A. They are staging a tribute to him with video clips of his many roles while he was with them.

I am so proud of him as a person and performer!

Have a great day!

Donna
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
harrie

Donna, how exciting for you and your son!! Another big step in his life (and yours!). Wishing him the very best life has to offer!
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking Our *boys* Are Such Fun!

My boys, twin Maltese brothers Paul and I rescued 4 yrs ago, bring so much joy and love into this house, we are always calling one another to come look at this. Chase (12 lbs) and Scamp (8 lbs) are all white with huge doe-shaped black eyes and back noses. They survived together (kept in a tiny cat carrier all day and night). The rescue lady showered with them 4 X she said, to get all the urine and feces off of them. They'd been scared by taunting children banging on their crate as pups apparently. They had mange (mites that attack the entire body and further compromise the immune system, I learned). Chase was the worst. The hair on his face and neck fell out, leaving red raw skin, like a burn victim. He wouldn't eat or drink or come near us. We bathed them daily in special shampoo and loved them up with pets and hugs and kisses and prayers and meds -- and (you know ME) lots of HEALING ENERGY, all day and through the nights. I *nursed* them back to wellness, I swear.

After a few mnths, the vet was amazed that Chase survived. Paul asked why. They usually don't make it when they're that bad off. I wouldn't hear of that, of course. They wake up, in bed with us, always up against one another and at least one of us and then they *groom* one another, licking the other's face and ears clean. This morning that romped. It's a kind of dance, boxing each other with gentle growly sounds. Then all excited, Chase runs and Scamp follows. Originally, because Chase was so sick, Scamper scampered through the house and Chase chased after him. He was a lot slower moving as he was so sickly. We thought he just wasn't too bright, as he reacted so sluggishly. We thought he didn't get it. But he's brave and strong. And little Scamp, our coward, courageously stood in front of Chase whenever we approached, barking and *protecting* his weaker bro (we now realize).

Chase actually had a chemo-like bath at the vet at first, to kill off the mites. They dipped one paw, then after a while another, and eventually the whole dog. They let me take him home as we concurred home is where they are happiest. I stayed up that night w/him because he had these twitching fits the vet had warned me about. He was obviously in a lot of pain. I totally related. I held him tight against me and talked to him softly, telling him I'd stay w/him and reassuring him that he'd be all right, trying to lessen the jerking of his body. After that, the vet wouldn't give him any more baths, but -- he came through. Our boys are healthy and frisky and bless our home with loving energy every single day. Paul and I each delight at watching their shenanigans. They are precious. Know all you animal lovers understand our pride and joy. We have two little white things to be happy about. People tell us they're lucky we found them. We feel just the opposite. We're so lucky to have them. I swear they recognize the sound of a styrofoam doggie box of leftovers from a local restaurant as it comes out of the refrigerator and come running to anxiously watch me divide up the booty! With much appreciation...

Andi

AndiBB@aol.com
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
Mary Anne in TX

It's a great joy to be dropping our little granddaughter at her 1st day of 2nd grade tomorrow morning before heading to SAT for Herceptin infusion. How lucky can a girl get? Mary Anne

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
chrisy

I had the joy of taking a 1 day trip to Chicago (Glenview, IL, actually) for my 11 yo niece's birthday party on Friday night. Thursday they had tornados and major rainstorms and they were without power from 3pm Thursday until (I think) today. So we had the party with 11-11 year old girls by flashlight and candlelight. And the *worst* part was, we had to eat ALL the ice cream or else it would melt! I think it will be remembered as the BEST birthday party EVER!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
Mary Jo

Today's joy.........................................There were many!

1. A beautiful sunny day.
2. A beautiful sunny day to enjoy our church worship service and picnic at a local park.
3. A beautiful sunny day to worship our awesome God with our church family but also with husband, son, daughter in law and 2 precious grandchildren.
4. A beautiful sunny day to take a Harley ride with hubby along Lake Michigan and then stopping off for ice cream (caramel collision was the flavor I chose)
5. Ending this beautiful day with a nice walk/run - me, my ipod and a happy heart.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:44 AM   #8
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Talking It's meeeee!!!

Today's Joy: I stood in the kitchen and just held my husband tight. I hugged him, smiled, we did not say a word. In those 5 minutes we needed no words because it felt like we said a million already. I love the conversations that we have without even speaking, they remain our best ones ever. I am blessed to have found my true love and will cherish the time we have together an eternity!!

Hugs, Prayers and Big Love going out to 'ya all!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #9
Mary Jo

Today's Joy -

Going to the park with daughter in law and granddaughter Jennah ( age 7) and grandson Isaiah (age 18 months) then taking granddaughter for a special grandma/granddaughter lunch before our school year begins. We're going to Wendy's where grandma can have a healthier lunch and granddaughter likes it.

And breakfast today .................... hang on to your hats.............can you believe it..............................Cocoa Puffs for this grandma. Hahahahahha! We bought some little boxes for a trip we were going on and one of the cereals was Cocoa Puffs. No one ate it yet BUT I did today. Just finished it and drank the cold chocolate milk out of the bowl YUM! Not the most nutritious breakfast BUT I enjoyed every crunch of it.

Happy day all,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #10
Sheila

My joy today is that my twin girls are 32.....oh wait a minute, that means I am getting really old...so is that a joy? Yes it is...it means I am still surviving and enjoying each and every beautiful day I'm given.

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #11
Vanessa

I agree Sheila getting older is looking better all the time. Congratulations on having 32 year old twins. You did good. And here's to old age.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #12
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking Just Sit Back And Soak In The *joy*...!

GOSH THIS JOY THREAD IS FABULOUS. What a great idea, Brenda! It's a beautiful gift you gave each of us, that keeps on giving, day after day... Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Whenever Andrea Bocelli's Romanza CD plays, wherever I am, I drift into reverie. Also when Savage Garden's Truly, Madly, Deeply is on, I become transported to a cloud midst the heavenly blue sky and take a perch, observing the world. It is magical. The percussion, the words make my heart quiver. I WANT TO STAND WITH YOU ON A MOUNTAIN. (Can you see yourself atop one?) I WANT TO BATHE WITH YOU IN THE SEA. Dreamy. I WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS FOREVER UNTIL THE SKY FALLS DOWN ON ME... It just fills me with this overpowering feeling of LOVE for every one and every thing that Is! Today, as I was jotting something down, over my computer, my wrist accidentally hit the CD Play button and my song of Love came on.

It reminded me of THE MOMENT. Years ago. I was driving west in the late afternoon in Boca, going to my daughter Ali's house, to visit my then tiny granddaughter. Josie is now about to turn 11. The song came on and all I could think was LIFE IS SO WONDERFUL. AND JOYFUL. IT IS SO GOOD TO BE ALIVE. THANK YOU GOD. I looked up and the sun was getting ready to set. The sky was incredible. Giant brush strokes of vivid neon orange and splatters of hot pink stretched out above me as far as I could see. I was listening to my song of passion and became aware of the magical sight as my ears were soaking in the bliss of the vibe coming from the car radio. I bent my head down to get an even fuller view then reminded myself that I was driving and needed to look at the road. So I managed to look up and around at the same time, taking it all in. IT WAS A WOW NOW MOMENT I still carry with me and replicate every time I hear Truly, Madly, Deeply.

It's now an old song but I still catch it from time to time in the car. I have sat in parking lots, waiting for it to end, never wanting to stop in the middle, wanting every last drop of joy from it that I can reap. And the blue sky in Florida is bluer than any where else on earth, I swear. I can recall the buckets full of spilt paint painted by a master covering the blueness with coral and fuchsia and I feel utterly blessed. Nothing has changed, but suddenly I feel touched by something quite sacred and wondrous. JOY. SERENITY. BELIEF. LOVE. May they be yours as well...
Andi Thank you God for the gift of this glorious day!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #13
Sandy in Silicon Valley

Wink stuff I enjoyed today

Okay,

As a card-carrying iconoclast, I don't like these happy- happy- joy- joy la-la land pressures to put a smiley face on living with Stage IV bc...

But today, tho quiet, was a good day, can't deny it: after 3 doses of Macrobid antibiotic, my bladder infection is going bye-bye (I thought it was a prolapsed uterus - OY! - TMI on the web!) and I don't have to pee every 10 minutes; Bruce and I just had banana-mint chocolate mudslides & chips & dip for dinner - YUM; I booked my flight, hotel & car rental to see a close cyberfriend in Austin TX in October; things are lookin' up (need-to-pee-wise) for taking the two little boys (for whom I was Child Advocate & am now just another adult admirer) to the Fiestas Patrias in downtown San Jose tomorrow - parade & music/dance performances to mark Dia de Independencia!

All-in-all, I'll take it!

Sandy in Silicon Valley
1999 - off Tamoxifen, on Arimidex
2003 - dx'd Stage IV - lymph nodes & lungs. ER-/PR-/HER2neu+++.
Tx: Herceptin & Taxotere (6 cycles).
2005 - 2.9cm x 3.6cm brain tumor. Craniotomy, CyberKnife. 9 mo. staph aureus infection at incision site - 2nd craniotomy. Two small brain mets CyberKnife'd.
2006 - revisit Xeloda - dosage lowered to 2500mg/day, 5 cycles.
2007 - "spot" dx'd on qtrly brain MRI - same location as CyberKnife 7/05. > by 2-4mm per quarter - - radiation injury or re-growing cancer? Tykerb added to Herceptin - July, still "watching & waiting". Otherwise, fully functional...

"The majority of people are not only afraid of holding a wrong opinion, they are afraid of holding an opinion alone." Kierkegaard
Sandy in Silicon Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #14
Jean

My joy today was my husband and I played hooky and drove down to the shore....what a splendid day! We took tuna fish wraps and fresh sliced
tomatoes...hmmm and eat them on the beach...with the beauftiful waves
rolling in. Then a swim and long stroll on the beach...it just doesn't get any better.

Each day is gift and a joy!
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #15
BonnieR

Jean, you and I have made reference to "the shore" before. Was it the Jersey shore you visited? Most everyone else calls it "the beach".
Anyhow, wherever it was, I want to go!!!
I settled for a friend coming over with nice cheese and a tomato and we grilled sandwiches which is one of the few things I have a taste for. Now I am wiped out from that simple exertion! But it was a great visit..

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #16
fauxgypsy

Talking Synchronicity

I had an interesting day. It started because I found a quote from a Buddhist nun on a cancer blog today. It was about accepting bad feelings and moving on, a simplified version of the quote.

http://blog.healthtalk.com/breast-ca...#comment-11471

I have been interested in Buddhism for many years and this really touched me so I did a search for this Buddhist nun, Pema Chodron. This led me to a website with information about her books. It also had a map of Buddhist meditation centers.

http://www.shambhala.org/centers/

Now I live in Northern Mississippi which is not ordinarily a place that you associate with Buddhism. But there was a link to a site in Memphis. So I went there.

http://www.dharmamemphis.com/index2.htm

While I was browsing this site I found a link to a meditation center not very far from where I live. Very rural. Not Memphis. Now I would have been less surprised if it had been near Oxford, since it is more of what you associate with a university town. But I called the number that was listed. I was promptly invited to visit. They were having a festival today. I haven't been out much since my surgery but I put on my breast and got my husband to drive me there. It was beautiful and almost completely Vietnamese. It was like a large family reunion. There was one women there who was not Vietnamese and she explained what was going on and introduced me to several people. I was made to feel very comfortable and had a really good time even though I am still very tired and sore from my surgery. We had missed part of the festival and I couldn't stay long but I did learn more and have found out that there are some people in Oxford who are also interested in learning more and that get together for meditation. So that was my joy for today, and also, seeing the lotus blossoms blooming in the beautiful pool. Now I am almost too sore to move but it was worth it.

Leslie
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #17
fauxgypsy

I just wanted to add something here. This forum is something that I look forward to. I have roamed the web since I was diagnosed and this is the one that touched my heart. This is the one that I compare all the others to. It is so full of loving, caring, thinking people who are talented writers and creative people. I almost said women, but I know there are men here as well. I enjoy the opinions, I am glad of the information, and the support lifts me up when I am having a bad day. I wish I could meet all of you personally. I just want everyone to know that I appreciate the effort that has made this possible and the time that everyone puts in to answer questions and calm fears. I know that I would feel very isolated without it. Thank you all.
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #18
Donna

Pema Chodron! Yeah!

Hi Leslie,

I LOVE Pema Chodron! Her works are simple, but not easy. Reading her books and listening to her CD's have been such a huge help to me with this cancer stuff! I would personally recommend "Confortable with Uncertainty" as a great book for our circumstances.

Happy you found her, she is amazing!

Love to you,

Donna
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
tousled1

My joy today was being able to take Eli my grandson to the swimming pool for a few hours. His father had to go to work for a few hours and his mother had shopping and housework to get done. So Eli and I went to the pool. It was a beautiful day and even though there were no other children at the pool Eli and I manged to have a good time just playing catch with a ball in the water. He is the light of my life and every minute with him brings me such joy.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:14 AM   #20
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile Believe Me...

Today's Joy: Remembering that I asked my husband if he was hungry last night and the cat answered!! That really started my morning off right and I am even chuckling now. Of course I knew what the cat was going to say!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote