HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #21
MCS

Congratulations! The stars were lined up just right.

Thank you for the hope

MCS ( maria)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #22
lexigirl

Thank you for sharing your encouraging story. You have given hope to myself and others. It is so terrible to have a bc diagnosis and then to have the her2 on top of it is so much to take in. I am happy that you received the herceptin and are doing so well. I wish you many happy and healthy years ahead!

Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #23
sassy

Mary,

I too feel that the stars were lined up just right, or more acurately, God had a hand in my life. I was not originally tested for HER2. I switched oncs after diagnosis and prior to beginning chemo. I was finishing A/C when the trial results were released at ASCO. I read about it on the internet. I asked my onc at that time if I was possibly HER2+ and he said my records did not indicate it. I pointed out that I had switched to him after testing and had not to my knowledge been tested for HER2. He immediately sent for my tissue samples, had them tested and...you guessed it, I was HER2+++. My next chemo with just Taxol was scheduled for the next week, so I was able to step right into the treatment protocol.

I am NED for 1 1/2 years now and stories like yours give me hope that I will remain so.

Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Sassy
________
VAPORGENIE VAPORIZER REVIEW

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:51 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:56 AM   #24
RobinP

Smile

Lovely story Mary, I am glad you came out of the closet to post it. It will inspire others here.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #25
firstplace

Mary, thanks for your encouragment. I didn't quite understand the herceptin thing. I thought it only inhibited the her2 gene from producing while in use. I live each day to its fullest and thank God for all my days and tommorrows. You really encouraged me! Are you on tamoxifen or any er blockers? I am thinking about having a hysterectomy to stop the her2 from going to my ovaries and uterine wall, but if the herceptin works(it doesn't always) I will not have to be concerned about that.
firstplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #26
VaMoonRise
Deceased

Congratulations!

Mary,

Congratulations on your 5 years of remission, that is absolutely wonderful news and so inspirational to us all.

I can't thank you enough for sharing your story with us, it truly touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I am so overwhelmed with happiness for you, your children and family.

You are not only an inspiration in your success of battling this disease and for being a trail blazer with the Herceptin trials but you are an inspiration in what you have achieved academically and what you are doing for children in need. You are truly a hero in my eyes.

God bless you and yours and may you have many, many more years of life and happiness.

Love & Hugs,
Nicola
VaMoonRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #27
Joe
Webmaster

Mary,

My daughters were 5 and 3 when Christine was first DX'ed with BC. They are now both in college.

Regads
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #28
sarah

Mary,
Congrats!!! Stay well.

and
Wow Joe!!! Christine is such a great inspiration and what a wonderful home you have created for us HER2ers!
Sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote