HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #21
Maryanne

Steph,

You will be in my thoughts and in my prayers as always.
You are a true inspiration to all of us on this board.

Maryanne
Maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:49 AM   #22
Shell

Steph-

Thank you for sharing - I echo the thoughts and prayers mentioned by the other board members. Think positive thoughts.

Shell
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #23
kristen

Dear Steff,

Moving Fast is kinda your speed isn't it? I don't see you waiting around long to get anything done, so this must be meant to be. I hate to see any of this happening to you. You have been through so much already. I know your strong willed and everything will be alright. My thoughts and prayers are with you always. You know how much I respect and admire you. Go get em., get rid of it and get NED again. love to you my friend.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #24
mts

keep the brain intact!

Dear Steph- I'll be praying for you. Also, please know I always look for your posts and comments to others... your knowledge and experience are an incredible resource to this website. Please do well and hurry back!
Maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #25
Joe
Webmaster

Stephanie,

All of our prayers will definately be with you.

Hugs and warm regards
Christine and Joe
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #26
TriciaK

Dear Steph, Again let me add my thoughts and prayers to all the others on this board who love and admire you. I know we were all praying for you yesterday so maybe this fast decision and move is part of the answer for you. We'll all be sending positive vibes and prayers your way tomorrow. Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #27
Kim in CA

Steph,

Just sending my love and lots of prayers and positive energy to you. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and will be waiting to hear from you soon. Love ,Kim
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:40 AM   #28
jojo

Thumbs up Hi to Steph N! :-)

Dear Steph,

I am so sorry for not having had the chance to timely email you back last night, as I just got home from the hospital around 8pm or so. I guess I am too late to shoot you off an email before you start your craniotomy tmw morning, huh?

Anyway, it is extremely important to focus on important parts, especially wehn you are getting ready for a craniotomy. You are charging in just to get this bugger out of your system. Keep in mind that you are being pro-active about your brain situation. Your neurosurgeon has had a LOT of experience in brain surgery, so you are in very good hands. Remember that once you are done with the surgery, you will be in a much BETTER place, after all!

If you do get a bit scared of having the upcoming craniotomy, just keep reminding yourself to take deep breaths, take prayers or meditation, and do little easy things that can take your anxiety off the surgery.

And do NOT feel bad if you happen to be anxious about the craniotomy; it just goes to show that you are very human and VERY normal! :-) God will be with you in EVERY step, as you go along.

Warm hugs sending your way from Sunny California here. :-)

Steph, you will be in my prayers & thoughts.

1st Dx: May '03 at age 35
Stage 3b
6cm IDC tumor
17/18 + nodes
Neoadjuvant: 4x A/C dose dense; 12x weekly Taxol & weekly Herceptin
Left Mastectomy: Nov '03
27x Rads
Stage 4 since June '04
Still on maintenance Herceptin since the very beginning
Currently on Abraxane (3 weeks / 1 week off)
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #29
StephN

Wink God's BIGGEST Angels ...

You all are such dear ones and so empathetic when you need your energy for your own healing and life - that is the beauty of this board; that we are here for each other like long-lost old friends. And maybe we are - just had to come together in a different way in another life!
I was once told that I was one of the "old souls" whatever that meant. The woman was a little odd, but I do recall her comment and she seemed sincere enough.
Off the subject - with all your whole-hearted support I can face this next speed bump. JoJo and Barbara2 say it is not a difficult surgery to recover from and also not very painful. The surgeon says that it will only be the muscle healing that will hurt at all.
Hospitals are usually noisy and it is difficult to really rest unless you are zonked with pain meds. Will let you all know ...
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #30
Vi Schorpp

Steph

I'm sending all my good thoughts and prayers your way. You were very helpful discussing my husband's gamma knife procedure, decadron, etc. I will be thinking of you tomorrow (along with everyone else), so you will feel a rush of good feelings throughout the surgery and recovery.

Take care, be well, stay well.
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #31
CLTann

I just want to add my belated best wish for a speedy recovery from the surgery. You are one of the VIP in this group and we need you.

Ann
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #32
Berta

Steph: Good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you. BERTA
Berta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #33
mamacze

Good Grief Steph!

Never again will I dilly dally about checking onto the discussion boards again! I check in tonight and am blown away to see you are going in for a craniotomy tomorrow! How on earth could I have missed this?! Thank God I have time to pray for you before you go in tomorrow. I will ask God to wrap his loving arms around you and cradle your mind body and soul all day tomorrow. He will be holding one of his angels and protecting you; the temple of his spirit...hang in there for us and please post as soon as you are on your feet. God speed my friend.
Love Kim from Connecticut.

ps tell Emil the Big Nose was spectacular...:>)
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #34
al from Canada

Dear Steph,

Both Linda and I are wishing you the speediest recovery from this "speed-bump" in the road. You are a role model for all of us who visit here. We will be thinking of you and also your husband, who will also need strength to carry both of you through this.

Your Canadian friends,
Al and Linda
Old 02-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #35
Leslie S.

Steph,
Please know that you are on my mind and in my prayers. Lots of love,
Leslie
Old 02-09-2006, 07:00 AM   #36
brittd01

I'm praying for you Steph!!

Love,
Brittany
brittd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #37
lu ann

Dear Steph,

You are loved by so many. I will be thinking of you and praying for you for a speedy recovery.

God Bless You, Stephanie.
Lu Ann.

I'd like to pass a little advice on to those who know they are having upcoming surgery with general anesthesia. It is too late for you, Steph., but here goes.

About 2 weeks prior to my hysterectomy, I omitted meat from my diet. Meat takes the longest to digest and remains in the bowel longer then fruits and vegetables. I ate healthy fruits, vegetables, grains, and water. Twenty-four hours before surgery I went on a fast. I drank broth, 100% juice, and plenty of water. This was followed up by an enema, (prescribed by Doc.), the following morning. The gas and bloating that many of us get following surgery was kept to a minimum. I was up and walking the next day, which also helped in my recovery.

Always check with your Doc. before doing this, as you may have other issues to deal with.

Blessings. Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #38
Marlys

Steph,
You are in my prayers today. I can't remember what it means but I do know that being called an "old soul" is a great compliment. And from what I have obsewrved on this board you are one.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #39
Cynthia

Steph,

I too wish you a speedy recovery. You are truly inspirational.

Cynthia
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:41 AM   #40
StephN

Wink I am home

Thanks so much, everyone!
Wanted to reply to Luann's advice.
I had just 2 days to prepare for the surgery and did choose to eat light and hydrate myself well.
This really paid off - I was walking the second day and came home yesterday - day 3.
Will post more above. But I had NO nausea this time and not much gas either, so heed what Luann says about presurgery food and liquid intake.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote