HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
Annemarie

Being a friend and having cancer

I am writing with a heavy heart. I find that living with met. bc takes on a life of it's own. I have been fighting bc since I was 32. Brain mets have popped up three times in four years and then the MRI's every 90 days, waiting for test results, getting Herceptin every 3 weeks, doctors doing extra tests such as a spinal just to be certain or testing scar tissue for ca or seeing if arthritis is a met. -all this sets me into a tail spin. It seems to be constant. Even if it is nothing the anxiety alone puts me over the edge.

I am so consumed with bc (trust me I do try to forget I have it). I just always feel so overwhelmed with raising our son, working f/t and battling this disease. I have a friend I have offended by my lack of communication during her difficult time. I was having a lot of testing done which I generally keep to myself. Well now she is really angry with me and not sure she wants to continue our friendship. I feel terrible. She feels that I have been on the receiving end for over 5 years and it was my turn to be on the giving end and I was not there. Her estranged brother has huge troubles with the law. I just feel my cup is full. Can anyone else relate? I did say I was sorry and asked for forgiveness. Any advise or words of wisdom or experience?