HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #21
prasadgvs

Need advice.is liver mets really end of story

Hi :-
I am new to this website and please bear with me & my questions.
My mom ( India) has BC in 2005(HEr+++,ER/PR--) and she had recurrence locaLLY 6 months back. She had normal chemo this time and rads for 5 weeks.
We came to know that now she developed secondaries in liver( assuming these are liver mets) and she has plenary effusion( water in lungs) which is causing a lot of breathing problems
My mom is not knowledgable abt the disease, very weak physically after the treatment. The Onc said with liver mets and her condition it is better to stop furthur treatment. According to him she has utmost 6 months
Our whole family is shatterred ..we thought we atleast have couple of yrs but this was too fast. My wife is expecting and we thought my mom get to see her grandchild etc etc..
I read a lot abt herceptin. and I know some of you in these posts had liver mets. Can you please tell us what are various treatment options tried after the onc found liver mets.. and what options we can try..With my mom's condition chemo is ruled out..
Is herceptin an option ?? And is this water in lungs a common occurrence..This is the second time she has this in the last 4 months
Any positive experiences with liver mets are appreciated
Satya
prasadgvs is offline   Reply With Quote