HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
Mary Anne in TX

Neratinib Trial 09

I spent the last couple of days doing mammo, muga, blood work, EKGs, chest x-ray, etc to get in the Neratinib Trial AND it's done, I'm in! I go Monday to get the meds and instructions on use and what to do about side effects! This drug is the one that I was so excited about last year at the San Antonio Symposium. (Thanks again Christine and Joe for allowing me to go).

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any hesitation about the trial and the possible side effects, but those little fears are so much less than the possible benefits of this drug. I'm takin' these pills each day starting Monday in honor of our super warriors in the midst of battle right now. I do think a lot about those on this board who day by day fight to receive a new drug to hold back the growth of tumors, who fight with insurance companies to pay for appropriate meds, and who struggle to continue the fullest life possible while doing daily battle.

I'm also very selfish...I have a 10 year old who depends on her grandma to be there every morning to send her on her way to school and life's adventures. I'd surely like to finish that job over the next 10 years and get her in college and into adulthood. Whatever happens, she's surely given me purpose and strength.

I'll keep ya posted on the drug as I get into the next few weeks. I might get the placebo too!

If anyone else is on the trial and would like to share this thread for sharing ideas on side effects and experiences, that would be great.
ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote