HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
charlotte

legs feel funny

Hi all:
I am back again with a question .... I am on taxatore and gemzar dose dense chemo.. my question is this. is anyone having funny feelings in their legs??
It is very difficult to describe, when I walk I feel like my legs are not there?? sometimes I have horrific pain , usually in the knee caps. ( I think that might be due to the neuplast) any way, my legs are tired, I am tired and only have a few "good" days before the next round of chemo.... I have had 4 chemo treatments with 8 more to go then hereceptin if my heart gets up to where I can take it...
I was the person who the Dr. thinks might have had a heart attack and I only had 25% function at the time of the 2 d echo.... I am on heart medication for that.
I would appreciate any feedback on this... my feet don't tingle... so I don't think it is neuropathy??
thanks ,you guys , ya'll are great
charlotte
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
CPA

You mentioned neuplast. Could this be neulasta??? Bone pain and myalgia are common side effects. My wife took neulasta for several cycles and had muscle/joint pain with almost every dose.
CPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
Chelee

CPA is right....if you mean neulasta it can cause REALLY BAD bone pain. It doesn't happen to everyone...but most get it. I know when I had the neulasta it was AWFUL. I had severe pain my my bones, legs, knees and you name it. It was so bad once...I thought I would never take the neulasta again. But to keep my white count up I did it anyway. I hope things get better for you.

Everyone reacts differently to chemo...so its not always easy to tell. It can be a combination of your chemo, neulasta, and any other meds you might be on. Its so hard to pin point these things. I can certainly understand how frustrating and worrisome it might be. I had taxotere in my chemo regimen and had painful knee caps. Now that I am off the chemo...its gone. Not sure if that helps or not? Hang in there...hopefully someone will have a answer for you.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
Becky

However... the taxol (like taxotere chemically) made my legs feel like I was walking on rubber bands. Also, when at rest, they had - its hard to really describe - a pain but more like electrical pulsations. My husband would have to rub and massage my legs really hard. It actually felt better if I was moving around rather than lying down.

The WBC booster does cause pain as well but mine was more in the breastbone and ribs. This does not mean you would not feel it elsewhere.

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #5
charlotte

legs feel funny

Thanks for the replys

Becky, I think maybe your description was kinda close to what I am experiencing..
However, my pain is almost non stop... until a day or so before I get chemo..

Chelee,and cpa ya'll are right on with the neulasta.. my spelling was sad...I have to take neulasta after each round of chemo.. thanks for the reply.

that is one of the great things about this board... folks help you wade through .. a great bunch of people can be found here...

thanks again....

Charlotte
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote