HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #21
firstplace

Red face journeying through her2

Thanks for your story. I am her2 positive with 27% chance of surviving 10 years and it was DCIS 1st and invasive during the 2nd biopsy which revealed the info about the aggressive her2 gene.
firstplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #22
Annemarie

Happy Birthday

Christine,
You have inspired me in many ways. First- you are the reason I am on Herceptin. I was searching the web when I came upon your story. I am always amazed by people who take such horrific circumstances and go on to do great things. You have done a great thing! And let me not forget your husband Joe. It is wonderful you have found one another. Have a wonderful birthday and MANY MANY more!
Annemarie
Annemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #23
Emmay

Happy Birthday Christine, Joe, and your whole family!
Thank you so very much for starting this website, sharing your story, and staying up on the latest research for all of us. You are a wonderful inspiration and source of hope for so many -- more power and blessings to you!
Emmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #24
VaMoonRise
Deceased

Happy Birthday!

Christine,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how deeply and profoundly your story has touched me. You are such an inspiration to us all, you are an incredibly strong, courageous, intelligent, innovative, positive woman whose spirit is absolutely beautiful.

What you and Joe have done for all of us is immeasurable. There are no words adequate enough to thank you properly for the wonderful gift you have given us and continue to give on a daily basis. I know that without this site many of us would truly feel lost, frightened and alone. This is definitely, in my honest opinion, the best cancer support group on the web. The amount of information, support, comfort and true friendships that have been established because of this site has been like an answered prayer for me and for others.

Thank you Christine and Joe and may you have many, many more birthdays, you guys certainly deserve it and the best of everything in life.

Love & Big Hugs to two of my biggest Hero's,
Nicola
VaMoonRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #25
Ceesun

God Bless, Christine

thanks to you Christine-what a wonderful outcome you have had. I am a thyroid cancer survivor of 22 years and recently went from stage 2 to 4 breast cancer--starting a clinical trial in the next week. today my daughter named Faith is turning 19-she is the child I had post thyroid cancer--we can do it ladies!! Ceesun aka Cathy
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #26
sarah

Christine you are amazing! such an inspiration and you give us all such hope and great information to fight this disease. You and Joe have created a fantastic site that is so helpful and supportive.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday and stay well.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:39 AM   #27
Val Pfeiffer

Congrats on the b-day, Christine! Had your recurrence not occured, this board would not exist. My treatment would not have been the same without it--I learned from all of you, and was able to make recommendations to my oncologist, with which he agreed. All of us will be forever grateful.
3 months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
Significant tumor shrinkage
Mastectomy 3/05; Stage 3b, 9 cm tumor, 5/8+ nodes
3 more months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
7/05 30 radiation treatments, IMRT planning approach
Started 1 year of Herceptin 9/05
9/06 Began quarterly triple doses Herceptin. Brain & breast MRIs semi annually.

6/08 Right breast, intraductal carcinoma, high nuclear grade associated with comedo necrosis; extensive diffusely involved the entire biopy specimen. ER+, PR-, Her2 unknown at this point, 07/08 mastectomy.
Val Pfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #28
Audrey

Happy Birthday, Christine! Your story is so amazing and inspiring for all of us. I remember so well being diagnosed in July 2001 and searching the web for any info on Herceptin--your site was such a gift to me and still is! It was such a pleasure to meet you and Joe in San Diego at the CURE conference last year. I'm wishing you all the best this year, with continued NED and many thanks!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #29
Andi

Happy Belated Birthday!

I had so many questions and fears when I first received my diagnosis. It was on this site that I read of many successes to Stage 4 people like yourself and other stage 3ers. Until then I really only knew of those whose outcomes were not so good. Thanks so much to you and Joe for making this site possible, you are truly wonderful people.
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #30
mamacze

Talking

Dear Sweet Christine,
No on makes such good lemonade out of the lemons life throws at you, like you do. You are incredible; we are all so grateful for your outreach to the rest of us...we are so fortunate to hold your hand and be part of this web site.
Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #31
sherri

Dear Christine,

You are an amazing woman and I always admire you. I wish you a long and happy life.

Love and hugs,
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote