HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 AM   #1
juanita

glad to be around

Today I have reached one a half years of surviving. I know it doesn't sound like much, but if I had listened to the first onc that I had who only gave me the numbers chemo doesn't work for, etc.... I thought I'd never make it this far.
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
TriciaK

I'm glad for you!

Dear Juanita, I am glad you are still around, too! You might also want to send your post to the regular section, and I'm sure others will respond. I was also told I only had a few months to live; that was in July of 2004! However, that was only my third mets (to the lungs). I also had spinal mets in 1990 after the original dx of BC in 1985, so as you can see, those statistics don't necessicarily apply to real people! I am currently NED and plan to be around quite awhile, even though I am now 76. Hang in there and just keep a'keepin' on! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Susan2

Congradulations!

Some of these drs. can be so cold and unfeeling. The first dr. I talked to told me that the stats were not promising and that I could die from this. (He has a firm grasp of the obvious!) Needless to say, I did not go back to him. The next dr. I talked with said she had a Stage IV patient who had survived 20 yrs. and that's using old technology. I knew that she was a dr. that I could work with. We must be our own best advocate and cheerleader.

Susan
Susan2 is offline   Reply With Quote