HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
mariakonoff

anyone taking arimidex for breast cancer that spread to the lungs?

anyone out there have experience with arimidex?????
mariakonoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
Unregistered

Hi Maria- I took arimidex after tamoxifin which I took after surgery and chemo for breast cancer. Within 5 years they found 3 spots on my lungs and one on my collarbone. Also- an area between my lungs. I am now on herceptin and xeloda which seems to work well. My catscan showed them shrinking. God Bless- Cathy
Old 11-30-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
mariakonoff

Cathy, thank you so much for replying. I am trying to find info for a friend whose story sounds exactly like yours only she has multiple spots on her lungs. how long ago did you find the spots on your lungs and what is your prognosis? my friend is a single mom w/4 kids and scared out of her witts, she does not know how to do the research and I am helping you. Any info you can give me would be very helpful. I showed her how to get on these sites earlier at the library and thought you were her repling to me
Old 12-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
Unregistered

Hi Maria- It was in April when my catscan showed the spots on my lungs. I take weekly herceptin and 3000mgs. of xeloda. There were 3 lung spots-5mm each in April. After being on the drugs for a few months in August I was retested. The scan showed that two of them were now 3mm and one was 2mm. and the area between my lungs that was there before , had now disappeared.I need to tell you that I attended daily Mass and said Countless prayers which I beleive causes so many miracles in my life. Did you read Trish's post about lung mets? she is so inspiring! Thank God for all the new wonderful medicines.Tell your friend to keep praying hard and take the drugs that are prescribed by a doctor that she trusts. God Bless- Cathy
Old 12-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #5
mariakonoff

Cathy, thank you so much for your information. I would so much appreciate the ability to ask you more questions if I need to. Your imput will be so appreciated by this woman. I think she got bad news at the doctor today and will not call me back my direct email is would you mind keeping in touch with me? I am doing as much research for this woman as I can as well as praying. She too is a Christian woman. Thank you again cathy.

Last edited by mariakonoff; 12-13-2005 at 06:48 AM..
Old 12-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
mariakonoff

anyone have surgery on lung cancer?