HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
michele u

Me and my husband want to house a family that has been affected by Katrina. If anyone know's a family that is homeless due to Katrina, please let me know. We want help out. We live in Nebraska.
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
Rhonda4

Michele,

That is SO thoughful of you. I would love to do the same but, my mother, son and I live in a 2 bedroom apartment (we were going to get a house this year, but w/ my bc dx, my father passing away and my mother being ill/having surgery we won't until next year), but I know there would be added expense. If you ARE able to sponsor someone, please let me know and I would be happy to help w/ the cost.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #3
michele u

I'm wondering how to reach anyone? I thought of calling the cancer centers there and see if anyone is on chemo and needs a home. They could come here and get there chemo at the clinic where i work. I hope i can find someone
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Rhonda4

Here is a list of phone #'s of "where to help" that was on CNN's website, maybe they can give you an idea.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/30/katrina.a...e.us/index.html
Old 09-01-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
StephN

Very generous and humane of you and your family to want to take in some displaced people. That is what sets you apart and above so many others - your constant willingness to step up and help no matter the hardship on you!

My husband and I live in the Pacific Northwest and I know some churches here will be taking people.

We made donations of $100 to both the Salvation Army and Red Cross through the Networkforgood.org website.

There are a couple dozen choices for giving at this site. They process and disperse the funds immediately for a 3% credit card fee.

My house is full of family visitors at this moment!
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
vpfeiffer

I think you can contact your local Red Cross office and they can tell you how to proceed with housing people displaced due to Katrina.

Donations can be made right at the Red Cross site (www.redcross.org) -- I didn't take it to the final screen, but I am fairly sure they charge no credit card fee.

Val