HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2005, 11:01 AM   #1
Lisa

I just returned from the onc and I'm about to leave to have my spine MRI. My onc has decided to switch me to Gemzar rather than Abraxane since it's not just a matter of cleaning up what the Taxol couldn't do. (The liver mets, by the way, are looking much better.)

So starting tomorrow I'll be on weekly Gemzar/Herceptin. So much of the grandbaby trip. After my MRI later today I'll know more about the spine.

Gemzar is one drug I know nothing about. Can you share your experiences please?

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 07-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
*_celina_*

Lisa, don't know much about gemzar, but I just read your earlier post and wanted you to know that although tumors on the spine can create great anxiety, they ARE manageable. My sister's tumors on spine have always been well under control since day one...my sister-in-law had tumors on her spine and all are gone. I know there are no guarantees, but look what you've fought off to date! Good luck with your new treatment.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
StephN

Hi Lisa -
I do not personally know anyone who has taken Gemzar, but there have been a lot of posts on this board starting last summer from some who took it.
The infusion nurse I often get is on a Gemzar protocal at my cancer center and said that most patients are doing well on it, no worse on side effects as well as some good results. I asked as I had seen something at San Antonio on Gemzar results that looked encouraging.
Was wondering how it was working in "real life."

Will pray that it will knock the daylights out of those mets.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote