HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
wendy f

anyone use herceptin with stage 1 no lymphs involved?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #2
Montana

Wendy,

I was dx stage 1; grade 3; <1 cm; IDC and high grade DCIS; 0/14 nodes last Oct. Finished chemo in Feb and rads on May 30th. My onc did not recommend it for me. I am on Arimidex for 5 years.

Sue
Old 07-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
karen w

I am stage one, 1.3 tumor, no node involvement, er/pr* and of course, Her2+++. I am being treated with Herceptin every three weeks, post chemo. My onc didn't want to treat me with Herceptin, because he said I have a good prognosis. After many chats with him and going for 2nd and 3rd opinions, we decided, Herceptin would be good for me to take.

Hope this help.

Karen
Old 07-20-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
*_tami_*

My tumor was 1.4 cm with 1 micromet found in the sentinal node. Did 4 AC, and 4 taxotere with herceptin. I have 2 more herceptin treatments left - I have been getting herceptin every three weeks for a year. I pushed my onc for herceptin after visiting this site and being alarmed by the number of posts I saw of early stagers that had recurrances. I also had 37 rad treatements.

I am glad I pushed for the herceptin and grateful to the women on this site.

Thanks
Tami
Old 07-21-2005, 03:37 AM   #5
Peggy

What a good question. I've been wondering the same thing, Too bad we can't all be in a study.
My Her2+++ tumor was a high grade 1.5cm er/pr- invasive ductal. I had two other tumors in the same breast that were not Her2+++ and were er/pr+. No node involvement. I had 4 cycles of A/C, last one June 14. No taxol, no rads.
It was assumed that I would do Tamoxifen or Arimidex for the er/pr+ tumors and nothing for the one that was clearly the most aggressive cancer. When I asked for herceptin my onc said that it was not what she would recommend but she would give it, and that I would be her ninth patient who had requested it and received it. My insurance company gave me no hassles. I had my second treatment on July 19th. I had a really bad headache for a day after the first treatment, and felt fine after the second. The treatment will be weekly for awhile then at some point will become every three weeks.
I am so thankful that the timing and an open mined onc all worked out for me. I too read way too many posts of women going from stage 1 to stage 3 or 4 with one test.

Peggy
Old 07-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
Cheryl

Yes, I am receiving herceptin with Taxol currently. Stage 1, 1.7cm., 0/7 nodes, Estrogen+. I was very furtunate to be in the middle of AC when the trials were haulted back in April. My onc. originally did not like the idea, but attended a conference the first week of May at the University of Minnesota and came back convinced. I was right on schedule to begin weekly Taxol and herceptin x 12 and will be on weekly herceptin for one year. She has since started many of her patients on herceptin for early stage. I actually talked to a lady the other day who has just finished chemo and started radiation for Stage III and her onc. said no to herceptin because she had finished chemo. I of course directed her to this wonderful website. Could those of us stage one keep eachother up to date possibly?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:43 PM   #7
Michelle

Hi, I was dxed in March with a 1.9cm mass, grade 3, er/pr+, and her2+++.I'am stage 1 with no nodes involved.My onc was on the fence about the taxol, but was all for the herceptin. I was finally able to talk him into the combination, and am happy with the decision I've made.I believe herceptin is a big breakthrough for us her2 gals.I would love to keep up with the rest of you ladies!I still have to start rads,(one more taxol to go) and some type of hormone blocker. Would love to get input from everyone.
best wishes
Michelle
Old 07-22-2005, 09:27 AM   #8
Montana

As Cheryl and Michelle said, it would be great to be able to keep up with how all the Stage 1 Her2+++ girls are doing on down the road. So, would you Stage 1 gals, whether taking Herceptin or not, post now and again? It would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently finished with all treatment -- 2 lumpys for clean margins, 4 A/C and 33 rads. I had my post treatment mamo last month and all is well. I am on Arimidex for the next 5 years.

TIA

Sue
Old 07-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #9
*_Meg_*

Hi,
I was dx in 2/04 Stage I 1.2 cm grade 3 er/pr+ Her2+++ no nodes. I'm in clinical trial 6 rounds Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin finished rads 10/04. Finished Herceptin 3/05. Taking Tamoxifen for 2 years then Arimidex for 3. I had a 90 day check up in June and all is well.