HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
clisac

I am a new poster here - so bear with while I figure out what I am doing. Was DX with stage 3 Her 2+ breast cancer 2 weeks ago - was accepted into a clinical trial for Herceptin and was feeling very optimistic. I am only 38 years old and still feel like I am living in a dream here - can't beleive this is happening to me.

5 days I was "kicked" out of the trial because I had developed liver mets - and no longer qualified and then to receive this Herceptin approval here In BC has been my saving grace - it is probably my best - if not my only chance of survival.

I am strong, I am stubborn and determined and so very tired today - Had my first chemo yesterday and feel surprisinlgy well considering all.

Girlfreinds coming into town this weekend to go wig shopping - kinda looking forward to that. Going to go back to work on Monday too - we'll see hiow my energy level is - kinda learning to work with it today so...

I have been so inspried on this forum by all the people with mets -even when my Dr's keep shaking ther heads about my advancement into stage IV being a death sentence. They keep asking me if I know what it means - well of course I know what it means but I am not ready to give up the fight.

The Doctor's say they have to put my liver into remission and shrink the tumour in my breast before they can consider my masectomy - they say this is a better way to go - chemo first. Not too many people seem to be going this way - most have surgery first so if anybody has any feedback for me on that - let me know.

Thanks to all ahead of time.

There is no perfect. Only life.

Lisa