HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
*_sassy_*

I have just complete 4 dose dense A/C and will start taxol and herceptin Friday, 12 treatments weekly. If after these 12 treatments tests indicate post menopausal, will I then begin AI while still on herceptin, or will AI not be started until after the remaining 9 months of herceptin. I am ER+ PR+ and HER2+++.

Sassy
Old 06-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
Cheryl

Hi Sassy, I am right ahead of you on this, but I am wondering the same thing. I have to have my ovaries removed first, but I believe the AI is given right away together with the herceptin. I am not sure, so if any one else knows please clue us in. Sassy - what is your stage etc...?
Old 06-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
*_Becky_*

I finished chemo 1/31 but am within the 6 months post chemo and start Herceptin next week. I was just "deemed" postmenopausal and was switched from Tamoxifen to Arimidex. I started the Arimidex this past Saturday. But I am different because I am done with chemo and rads and that can make a difference. I started Tamoxifen one week after rads were completed.

Becky
Old 06-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
sassy

Cheryl,

I was stage 2, 0.9 tumor with 5 of 14 nodes positive. I am 46 so chemo will probably put me into menopause permanently. Before I knew I would have Herceptin, my onc said I would start Arimidex when after taxol when tests showed I was fully menopausal. With the addition of Herceptin, just not sure if I will start Arimidex while on Herceptin.

What was your dx?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
*_Catherine_*

I have been getting herceptin since January '04 and have been taking it in conjunction with Arimidex since August. I was post-menopausal due to chemo when I first starting taking Arimidex but in January '05 I got my periods back. Now I'm getting Zoladex injections along with everything else. I was diagnosed June 2003, stage 3, er/pr+, her2+.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
sassy

Catherine,

Did you have positive nodes and if so how many. Also did you have rads and if so at what point during your treatment. I am assuming I will start rads after taxol is complete and while on herceptin. My original treatment protocol was changed due to the release of Herceptin (glad to have it) and I just keep thinking of questions to ask when i'm not around my onc.

Thanks,
Sassy