HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
Sandy H.

I hope someone can help me with this. Have not heard from the girl with long dark hair. Her picture on on here and I think she is from New York. She is very pretty and young. I don't remember her name but she use to post frequently but has not lately. I hope she is well and we hear from her when she sees this. Sandy
Old 03-28-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Sheila

Sandy
is it madubois63 you are looking for?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
Merridith

Do you mean AlaskaAngel?

Why don't you do a search through the messages until you find a posting from her then click on her name to see if she has registered an email address? Then you can email her directly.

Merridith
Old 03-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
*_AlaskaAngel_*

Hi you guys! I did have long dark hair once... I'm 3 years out and it is trying to come back, does that count? It is below my shoulders (barely). Was it me or someone else you were looking for, Sandy?

A.A.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
*_AlaskaAngel_*

Oops, maybe it is Lauren you are looking for... I'm very flattered but I have to fess up and say I am over the hill (and still rolling) so I don't know if that qualifies as "young". I did see a post from Lauren on another site this week, if that is who you are thinking of....

A.A.

(P.S. Meredith, you are deeply appreciated all the same.)
Old 03-29-2005, 01:06 AM   #6
Lyn

Hi Sandy, it is Maryann your are looking for, madubois63@aol.com , Maryann is from New York and if I remember right she also has IBC last posted on 15&16 February when she responded on the the flowers that weren't deliverd.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 03-29-2005, 02:49 AM   #7
madubois63

Do you mean me? Thanks you for missing me. Never enough time. I do read here and there, and reply once in a while, but not like I was. My $2,000 lap top (which was a gift) is not working because of the tiny, tiny power outlet attached to the motherboard. It is no longer under warranty and will cost me nearly $1,000 to fix. I am told the whole motherboard needs to be replaced. As I do not have an extra $1,000 laying around, I am fighting for computer time with the kids. And if I did have the money, I just as well may get a new computer. I will be around. I am still getting weekly Herceptin with chemo three weeks on and one week off. I was told I will switch to one week of chemo with three weeks off and continue with Herceptin weekly, but somehow I keep getting put off. My son had the flu (different strain then the shot he got - he has Hiroshimoto's thyroiditis and seems to catch everything. He even got sick from the flu shot) My white count was low, so guess who got the flu too. Knocked me down for a while. I love and miss you all. I hope all is well with everyone. I will put my foot down and get computer time. Promise. Maryann
Old 03-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #8
Sandy H.

Your it Maryann!! Thanks for responding. I will remember you as I will add you to my list of IBC'ers. It does sound as though you should just get a new computer. I had a friend that had a lap top and she said she would not have another one because when it went it it cost too much to repair. I have thought about getting one but then I spend enough time on a computer so put it on the back burner. It was good to hear from you. You are a year out from me so that is good you are doing well. The rest of you that responded you are just as pretty!! We are all unique but beautiful in God's eyesI Hope you all have a great week. hugs, Sandy
Old 03-29-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
al from canada

Hi Maryanne,
Throw the computer out! Prices have really come down. For $800.00 USD you can get a brand new laptop.
Regards,
Al
Old 03-29-2005, 02:53 PM   #10
madubois63

Al - Thanks for the advise - I know your right, but it breaks my heart because my kids (and my Mom) bought it for me for Christmas last year. It is only a year and a half old. I have so much good stuff on it.

Thanks again for missing me. I feel so loved!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:58 PM   #11
SusanAnne

Hi Maryanne,

I'm from Long Island too, Suffolk County. Maybe we are neighbors! Where are you?

Susan
Old 03-29-2005, 07:35 PM   #12
madubois63

Howdy neighbor - I'm from Port Jefferson Station - I get treatment at NSHOA in East Setauket. And You???
Old 03-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #13
Rozebud

What ever happened to Lauren? Does she not post here anymore?
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:58 PM   #14
SusanAnne

Hi Maryanne,

I live in Deer Park. I received my treatments at an oncology group in Bay Shore. They participated with North Shore in a clinical trial using herceptin so it worked out well for me. I read your home page and admire you for all you've faced and continue to deal with. Perhaps we could "do lunch" one day!

Susan
Old 03-29-2005, 11:12 PM   #15

Who did you refer to: "L"auren or "l"auren???
Old 03-30-2005, 05:56 AM   #16
*_madubois63_*

Suzanne - Your just around the corner. If you ever want to get together, just e-mail me! madubois63@aol.com
Old 03-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #17
Rozebud

Both! Big L "yoga" Lauren, and little L "YSC" lauren :) !!
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:39 AM   #18
Lyn

To Rosebud, Yoga Lauren, I think is the one who was argumentive and negative as well as ditsy in her responses, her classic for me was when she said she had stopped taking her drug Zolof I think, mistaking this for a chemo drug question and response on the board regarding a side effect, the drug she had stopped taking was an anti-depressant which would clarify her mood swings and the negativity she posted on the board, telling us we had cancer so "GET OVER IT" , also I think she only had a lumpectomy and no chemo, so couldn't really understand us. If this is the same one she has been blocked from participating, and that took some doing as well.

Love & Hugs Lyn