HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-18-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
*_Sherry in WV_*

Hi, thanks to all of the replies and the site Joe gave me, I went to the Onc
Wed. fully prepared. We are not sure if there is cyberknife for breast ca to liver mets in area, but he is contactiong MDs in Pittsburgh, Pa (closests big city to me) to see if possible. Also discussed other mesures such as direct infusion into liver. He also asked where I had relatives in the US. Wants to see about sending me to somewhere that specializes just in breast CA.
He said it is now crunch time 6-8mos at best. I said BULL, you gave me 6 mos 2 1/2 years ago. He is reallly great, but frustrated because my counts keep dropping with every chemo and I have to go on hold. I could not get chemo today because ANC was only 1.2. Had to have PLTS last week. So now maybe cyberknife will help and I can fight the smaller tumors.
You guys are simply the best
I made a sign to be posted at the cancer center with this web site. I hope it helps people to find the support I have.
Peace.
Sherry
Old 03-18-2005, 07:36 AM   #2
Lisa

Sherry,

First of all, there are many excellent cancer centers around the country. I'll bet Pittsburgh has one, too.

Also, if your white blood counts are too low, you can be given Neulasta immediately or Neuprogen at home. You shouldn't have to wait for chemo.

Remind me again the chemo you're using and the size of your tumor mets.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 03-18-2005, 11:13 AM   #3
*_joy_*

Just wanted you to know how much you are thought of Sherry! Also I don't know if you have tried this or entertained it at all, but sometimes acupuncture can be a boost to your overall immune system. i've had very good luck with it, which may not mean anything to anybody else. I'm just trying to think of something for you.
Love Joy
Old 03-19-2005, 10:18 AM   #4
*_Christine_*

Sherry
Keep up the good search. Cyberknife has been a recent treatment for liver mets. Persue all your options before making a decision. Talk with a Radiation Oncologist who is familiar with Cyberknife anywhere you can find one in the U.S. They are very approachable and willing to help. Search on line for names and places, then give them a call with your questions.
My best well wishes to you.
Hugs, Christine
Founder, her2support.org
Old 03-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
joy

hey sherry, I just wanted to throw something out there to you. University of Colorado Cancer Center may have some good options for these kind of procedures, not sure. they are in Boulder/Denver area. IF ever you needed to travel here i would be so happy to help you with transportation or a place to stay, etc. i live about an hour from both those cities and it is no big deal to get to either.
love, joy in Ft. Collins
ps Spring in Ft. Collins is warm, sunny, full of flowers and beautiful
Old 03-22-2005, 08:08 AM   #6
*_Sherry in WV_*

Lisa, I am on Neulasta and arnesp. I am currently on CMF, cytoxin, metotrexate and 5fu and herceptin. I was able to get my chemo Monday.
I am going for my first PET scan on thursday, and MRI to see if current chemo is working.
Peace,
Sherry
Old 03-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
Think Pink

Hey there Sherry,

Keep your chin up, I think that's our best weapon of defense. Our positive attitude goes a long way. My name is Martha, I just wanted to let you know of my doctor who is well known as "THE Breast Cancer Doctor", her name is Doctor Kathy Miller and she practices in Indianapolis Indiana at the University of Indiana Cancer Research Center. She is keeping me alive while hope for me was not promising with traditional treatment. I am participating in a study. It might be a good idea for you to look into. You can never have to many options. Feel free to contact me by email for info if you'd like.